Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming PC €1500 - €2000

Options
  • 30-04-2013 12:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi.. Im looking for a gaming pc with a bit of sound recording/editing on the side, I want something that will stay nippy for the next couple of years at least.
    I have an existing 2.0 set of amp and speakers and have never owned a 5.1 set, I also watch a lot of movies etc so 5.1 + please.

silence would be a good thing for the case and fans as i may be using it as a home studio.

I would like it to be upgradable in the future also.

All help greatly appreciated, Cheers,
    Jamie.

1. What is your budget? [€1500 but wiggle room up to 2000-2200 if the performance hike is worth it]

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? [Gaming] (If gaming include which games: ARMA II, ARMA III, Battlefield 3/4, basically I would like to be able to play any game that comes out in the next while at max resolution with a decent framerate.)

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? [Yes]

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? [No, I have no parts]

5. Do you need a monitor? [Yes]

5a. If yes, what size do you need. [I dont really know.. a big one I reckon. but not distasteful :)]

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? [1920x1080/1440x900/etc.] [Yes/No]

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? [Keyboard/Mouse/Wireless Card/Card Reader/Speakers/etc.] I need any budget wired keyboard I will be buying the new roccat one when it becomes available. Wireless card, card reader, 5.1/7.1 speakers with stands

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? [yes]

8. How can you pay? [Credit Card/bank transfer/cash]

9. When are you purchasing? [within the next 3 months, sooner rather than later.]

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? [No help required]

Comments

Advertisement