Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone Network which one???

Options
  • 30-04-2013 3:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭

Hi,

So I am wondering what is the best network for pay as you go?

I text alot and do use twitter and I am on the net alot.

Please help

Thank you..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Or in other words you're too lazy to do any research yourself.

This question has been answered a thousand times here, read some other threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

The best network is Vodafone.

Because its the best it's the dearest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 DR GOODMAN

cgarrad wrote: »
    The best network is Vodafone.

Because its the best it's the dearest.

Are you kidding ? Vodafone prepay sucks ! still stuck in 2005 with it's crazy pricing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

DR GOODMAN wrote: »
    Are you kidding ? Vodafone prepay sucks ! still stuck in 2005 with it's crazy pricing.

Did you read what I wrote?? You just confirmed what I said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Gummybear2013

Well i think meteor is the best but that just me i had troubles with a few others but never meteor. i pay 20 euro each month for any network free texts and 150mb internet but you can can get more add ons if you want

• Advertisement

Sorry also meant to tell you that network 3 have great offer for pay as you go . 20 euro a month for unlimited internet and unlimited texts all network and calls think its 3,000 texts and mintues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭Gorilla Rising

It's only Three to Three calls that are unlimited (but you get free any network calls at weekends).

http://www.three.ie/products_services/priceplans/prepay/index.html

Good deal. Probably the best out there apart from maybe 48, but from personal experience, I'd avoid them.

False 9 wrote: »
    It's only Three to Three calls that are unlimited (but you get free any network calls at weekends).

http://www.three.ie/products_services/priceplans/prepay/index.html

Good deal. Probably the best out there apart from maybe 48, but from personal experience, I'd avoid them.

lol oh ye i totally forgot about that part :) its a great deal alright well worth getting . I happy with meteor that why staying with them as i dont call many people or go on internet much so what i have is fine. 48 is good but i hear alot problems with it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭philthrill69

Do not go near Three! Absolute joke of a network, all you can eat data Yes, if you can put with an over subscribed network and speeds of .3mbps (which one of their technical team told me was acceptable) and if you do need technical assistance you might aswel ring Enda Kenny cause he'll talk more sense, and that's saying something. And they've also drastically increased their out of bundle prices recently. Emobile have a sim only plan for €32 a month and from what I've seen won't be beaten.

Do not go near Three! Absolute joke of a network, all you can eat data Yes, if you can put with an over subscribed network and speeds of .3mbps (which one of their technical team told me was acceptable) and if you do need technical assistance you might aswel ring Enda Kenny cause he'll talk more sense, and that's saying something. And they've also drastically increased their out of bundle prices recently. Emobile have a sim only plan for €32 a month and from what I've seen won't be beaten.

what does the emobile plan hae unlimited is it and do you have to be a eircom customer to get this offer?

• Advertisement

what does the emobile plan hae unlimited is it and do you have to be a eircom customer to get this offer?
    http://www.emobile.ie/phonesplansmore/plans/postpay/detailsCallTextBrowse/?gid=48

Where are you?

433039557.png

Regarding CS, dont call. Mumbai are terrible, bunch of muppets who can speak english about as well as most Irish people can speak Irish(Three need to take a page out of Dells book). That said, Boards.ie and Twitter Reps are Irish and far more flexible than the call centre. Use them. No problems whatsoever.

TLDR: Dont move to three if coverage sucks in your area.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Im with vodafone, its not the worst for me as all my family/Friends are also vodafone. But three takes a lot of beating for a €20 top up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭aSligoDub

Does any other operator use the Vodafone network?

It's the only signal I can get at my house but their tariffs are a bit higher than I'm used to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭aSligoDub

ED E wrote: »
    Where are you?

433039557.png

Sligo Town, full 3G bars

2681076135.png

ED E wrote: »
    Where are you?

433039557.png

Regarding CS, dont call. Mumbai are terrible, bunch of muppets who can speak english about as well as most Irish people can speak Irish(Three need to take a page out of Dells book). That said, Boards.ie and Twitter Reps are Irish and far more flexible than the call centre. Use them. No problems whatsoever.

TLDR: Dont move to three if coverage sucks in your area.
    In Cork, these are my averages

aSligoDub wrote: »
    Sligo Town, full 3G bars

2681076135.png

Try forcing WCDMA, might just help.
    In Cork, these are my averages

Thats reasonable.

EDIT: Big Note, Test, as soon as the test finishes, test again, then a third time. See how that goes ;)

"Thats reasonable.

EDIT: Big Note, Test, as soon as the test finishes, test again, then a third time. See how that goes"

Are you being sarcastic?

How far are you from a mast? Phones work on line of sight, clearly you're getting 2Mb some of the time, where are you testing from. With any network if you put too much between you and the tower it'll slow to jack all.

440174500.png

Just did that. I got as the tower is close by and I had pretty much clear LOS to it.

Also, handset? I've seen a huge boost moving from an Xperia S to a GS3.

When i contacted Three customer care they told me i shouldn't have a problem as i'm 600 meters from my nearest mast so they tried blaming my handset which i sent in for repairs and came back with no problems? I'm upgrading soon to probably a HTC One so hopefully ill see an improvement.

If you notice most of the good speeds are in the morning or day. After 6 pm its non existent.

• Advertisement

Are you urban or suburban? And what is the handset? It may not be that its broken, just isnt very good on HSPA bands. Firmware also matters.

I'm urban and my handset is the galaxy S2.

GS2 I used got pretty good speeds. Try testing in an open space but you're probably suffering from high contention alright, and in that case there is f'ck all you can do but pay more for more speed and a lower cap.

Advertisement