Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to convert a website into an Android app?

Options
  • 30-04-2013 3:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

hey guys:D, any ideas about how to convert a website into an Android app? i have built a small website like a blog with ASP, i need apply it into Android moblie phone? I don't know either java or eclipse almost:confused:..Thanks a lot!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭shanefitz360

Sounds like you would be better off just optimizing the site for mobile and let people hit it through their web browser

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Sounds like you would be better off just optimizing the site for mobile and let people hit it through their web browser
    Indeed. There are a few 'Web wrapper' app platforms out there, that essentially just wrap your Web site into an app that essentially acts as little more than a launcher and custom browser, but even there, you'll need to optimize the Web site for Android regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭RealistSpy

umm shame you are using asp. I just started my first mobile project. I decided to use html5 and JavaScript with android. So far so good and I would recommend it. On a side note I choose that route because I wanted to learn html5 and JavaScript.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭ChRoMe

RealistSpy wrote: »
    umm shame you are using asp. I just started my first mobile project. I decided to use html5 and JavaScript with android. So far so good and I would recommend it. On a side note I choose that route because I wanted to learn html5 and JavaScript.

ASP doesn't stop you using HTML5........ it all gets rendered to HTML at the end of the day.

Advertisement