Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Truth about Spike in St Mels

Options
  • 30-04-2013 3:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Anyone that went to St Mels College would have seen the bricked up window of 'Spikes' room. Apparently murdered in the room back in early 1900's (i think). Room was boarded up and never used again.
    Does anyone know of any truth behind this story?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I remember my old History teacher in Mels telling us one of the stories, but he also said there was so many stories, and he doubted any of them were actually true. The story he told was just the one he said he liked the most.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭silver campaign

Can't really remember the story to be honest. Ask Tiernan Dolan if you ever come across him. He scared the bejasus out of every student in Mel's with his story about Spike.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭garfieldsghost

Can't really remember the story to be honest. Ask Tiernan Dolan if you ever come across him. He scared the bejasus out of every student in Mel's with his story about Spike.

+1

I remember him telling us the story. As far as I can recall, 'Spike' was a distant relative of his.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Dolan wasn't the teacher I had, I had McMonagle.

Dolan is retired now I believe though, he only went in the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭scudster

thatslife wrote: »
    Anyone that went to St Mels College would have seen the bricked up window of 'Spikes' room. Apparently murdered in the room back in early 1900's (i think). Room was boarded up and never used again.
    Does anyone know of any truth behind this story?

I can't confirm or deny spike was chopped into pieces and stuffed behind the window blinds but I can confirm the room is not boarded up only the window is bricked up. Most of that floor was either offices or priests quarters and that particular room was a room/study used by the priests.

• Advertisement
Advertisement