Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WildStar - Dark Reavers [DkR] UK&Ireland Guild/Clan

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Toglos wrote: »
    So nothing to worry about there, I have equal amount of respect for all members in DkR and equally they have respect for each other. In DkR we all have our strengths and weakness', and I like to accomplish our achievements by working together, as opposed to being an egotistical asshole (Being an ENTJ, I can certainty come across like that to some but it's certainty not intentional). Without the core members in DkR putting in the work, we wouldn't be where we are today.

End of the day, I'm Darkademic's bitch so if there are any problems go straight to him and he'll let me know, and I like to work on where I can improve in my leadership skills and maintain a good relationship with all our members.

Look i'm not having a pop at DKR, i have raided in wow, done organized/competitive pvp across multiple games so i do understand what is required to make a guild a success. You can't carry people but you also can't be so over the top that the core are the only members involved in anything, to build a good guild/community its a bit of both.

My comment was only in response to another point which as you can see from the thread i wasn't the only one who was thinking along those line.

Finally i suppose you must remember the Irish gaming community is small enough, boards is a focal point for many gamers and we do talk about all sorts of stuff including guilds. Having some critical feedback isn't a bad thing as your response shows how genuine you are.

From the responses so far DKR in my opinion comes across as a very community driven guild, yes there have been issues in the past which you refer to
    I think it's been addressed.
    but they are addressed and feedback is take on board. So overall it looks like a place i would like to play :).

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Toglos

Calhoun wrote: »
    So overall it looks like a place i would like to play :).

I personally would really like to get more members from the Irish gaming community involved within DkR. We are something that advertises itself to a large number of mature gamers and are really enthusiastic about Wildstar.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Omphin

Toglos wrote: »
    I personally would really like to get more members from the Irish gaming community involved within DkR. We are something that advertises itself to a large number of mature gamers and are really enthusiastic about Wildstar.

I've been trying to rally the irish gamers for years. In WoW first with a guild called Erin Go Bragh [EGB] and for a time we did quite well. for the most part alot of irish gamers have been spread out over several games and when in a game, they are on different servers.

I personally made an alt on every english speaking WoW server and would announce the pressence of EGB on Doomhammer. That was several years back. So getting alot of the irish into one place with one focus has always been something i wished to see. I also made a facebook group called Emerald Dream group. http://www.facebook.com/groups/153782087979231/ This is a loose collection of irish players I have made contact with over the years.

I see [DkR] as the best place to rally irish players to for the upcoming Wildstar. I've played with DkR members and they are a great bunch. You have the freedom to be as involved as you like. For example I ran with Iron guild in Gw2 after DkR stopped doing organised WvW events, there was no drama because of my decision. The DkR forums are great and aways active, I even wonder where some of the crazy topics come from, always fun to read.

DkR also picked up a fair few irish in Gw2 and we have been very active within the clan. I would dearly like to see more guys from boards being active DkR members so that the irish gamers have a place to focus on and build. Most of my best experiences have come from playing with UK players and I think the Irish really fit in well with them. The banter is always good and i think often our different accents help deliver our own stories in a refreshing and entertaining way

i'm always available for people to have a one on one chat with. If anyone has any questions please get in touch with me. I hope you consider DkR when would wish to try out Wildstar.... see? it even rhymes!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Toglos

Omphin wrote: »
    I've been trying to rally the irish gamers for years. In WoW first with a guild called Erin Go Bragh [EGB] and for a time we did quite well. for the most part alot of irish gamers have been spread out over several games and when in a game, they are on different servers.

I personally made an alt on every english speaking WoW server and would announce the pressence of EGB on Doomhammer. That was several years back. So getting alot of the irish into one place with one focus has always been something i wished to see. I also made a facebook group called Emerald Dream group. http://www.facebook.com/groups/153782087979231/ This is a loose collection of irish players I have made contact with over the years.

I see [DkR] as the best place to rally irish players to for the upcoming Wildstar. I've played with DkR members and they are a great bunch. You have the freedom to be as involved as you like. For example I ran with Iron guild in Gw2 after DkR stopped doing organised WvW events, there was no drama because of my decision. The DkR forums are great and aways active, I even wonder where some of the crazy topics come from, always fun to read.

DkR also picked up a fair few irish in Gw2 and we have been very active within the clan. I would dearly like to see more guys from boards being active DkR members so that the irish gamers have a place to focus on and build. Most of my best experiences have come from playing with UK players and I think the Irish really fit in well with them. The banter is always good and i think often our different accents help deliver our own stories in a refreshing and entertaining way

i'm always available for people to have a one on one chat with. If anyone has any questions please get in touch with me. I hope you consider DkR when would wish to try out Wildstar.... see? it even rhymes!

Working in the outdoors I've always climbed, surfed and drank with the Irish since there were always a handful at the activity centre's I've worked at. Some of which are still my best mates who I'm planning to go travelling with down to Indonesia, Oz N' New Zealand! (Can't wait)

Like you say the reason I personally get along with the Irish so well is because of the Banta. Accents are such a strong point in DkR which makes it so interesting being on mumble since we have members for practically everywhere.

Here's a couple of screenshots from our member map.
    0V27z0v.jpg
    mhmjS3L.jpg
    vxZ0YK1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Darkademic

I'm actually half-Irish, so DkR has had Irish blood from the very beginning! :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

That explains why ya put up with us :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Donkzy

Hello everybody, I'm Donkzy from DkR, just wanted say hya to you all, I read through the thread, and in response to one or two of the slighly negative posts would just like to put it in to context, a little back story. Upon release of gw2, we had about 300 very active people most not played together and with that many new people you will always have an idiot or two, and not every person will love everybody else with that many people, it just normal, and these was sorted out very quickly. As from my perspective we are a gaming community first and so massive egos or being an arsheole not wanted :P

The people that are still with us are some of the nicest, and funniest, people you will meet in a game and not bad players to boot. Many many hours on mumble having a 'craic' as Saviour puts it. Hope you consider us any questions ask away :)
    If you do we playing a lot of other games atm while waiting for Wildstar so nice to come and get to know you before release

The guilds turning green :)

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Omphin

Donkz everyone already knows you from your famous event farming video >.<

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Poisondwarf

Hi Guys

I'm Poison and have been in DkR since the GW2 BETA. Like Donkz said the guild is a great community, is very well organized and full of some really decent gamers. During my time with the guild I have made some great friends and now find it hard to play games in which the guild is not active.:)

I was mainly a WVW player which was always well organized and if I ever wanted to do PVE or a dungeon, all I had to do is ask in Guild chat and I had a group in a few minutes. In fact I never did a Dungeon with a PUG group.

Anyway why not join us and see for yourself what a great community we have.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

whats this wildstar like then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 teishen

copeyhagen wrote: »
    whats this wildstar like then?

only massive :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Daemyn

Hey guys, This is exactly what im looking for lol.. an Irish community/guild across many games as I know everyone plays lots of games.
    Ive gone over to your website and contacted you anyway so it would be cool to join, I play swtor atm but bored now as you can imagine and can't wait for Wildstar to come out!
    It would be cool to already be in a serious guild on the first day. my friends in swtor won't be playing wildstar I think.
    anyway nice thread and hope to play with you all soon ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Donkzy

Daemyn wrote: »
    Hey guys, This is exactly what im looking for lol.. an Irish community/guild across many games as I know everyone plays lots of games.
    Ive gone over to your website and contacted you anyway so it would be cool to join, I play swtor atm but bored now as you can imagine and can't wait for Wildstar to come out!
    It would be cool to already be in a serious guild on the first day. my friends in swtor won't be playing wildstar I think.
    anyway nice thread and hope to play with you all soon ;)

Hya nice to meet you glad you applied, please be patient tho he got a lot on atm :)

I'll take this as a chance to update DkR

With Wildstar ever slowly getting closer (yes still a couple months off) we are beginning to decide on race, still a long way off till final decision but everybody opinion is welcome and taken on board so now is good time to join and have your say. Closed beta also interesting but as you know NDA can't say too much, but a few of us may of gotten in.

I'll give you a bit of our background when DkR was leading up to gw2 release, We made a build tool website, Our leader DarkAdemic made http://gw.guildex.org/ which we used to choose server and alliances, before release.
    We recruited and was selective about the people we accepted and we got up to about 300-400 people before we decided that was enough.
    On release night our mumble server which can hold 200 was pretty much maxed out all waiting for that first person to say 'I'M IN' at about 5am. exciting times.

Upon release we played all aspects of the game to a high standard in wvw, we had a very nice alliance with ThUN, think CiR and a few others as well till a few people lost interest numbers dropped. (mainly due to lack of updates from Anet, if anything they removed more stuff than added) lots and lots of occasions 40+ people well organised by Toglos and a few others

PvE wise Saviour (officer) could walk you through any dungeon step by step without being in party, Most of our PvE'rs all had full dungeon master achievement and very very high achievement ratings. but again the content ran out for a lot of us

sPvP we had a lot of set teams at start (7 I think), a few did pretty well but as the competitive PvP never really took off this dwindled similarly to wvw.

So for a lot of us we got burned out in gw2, Think I had 1600 hours on it and enough is enough, I miss the gear grind from other mmo's it must be said

Now wildstar we have have guild server website up http://wildstar.guildex.org/ and are working on a Wildstar skill website http://wildstarbuilds.com/ and recruiting slowly

Also we are mainly Uk and Ireland, but have people from all over the world

So now I think as a guild we looking for next big MMO, was kinda split between ESO and Wildstar but from looking at the features of wildstar (20/40 man raids + massive warplots battles + focused pvp) we mainly looking towards Wildstar.

In the mean time we still play togeter on mumble lots of people playing many different games, a lot more lately after the steam sale (we have a steam group also) The games mainly played atm are League of legends, Terraria (we have server), Borderlands 2, Battlefield 2, Path of Exile, Civilisation 5, Sins of a Solar Empire and a few others are pretty popular also.

So yeh if this sounds like the place for you please apply, we a are a community first all friendly, but also skilled and dedicated players look forward to meeting you

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Saviour_Angel

Donkzy wrote: »
    PvE wise Saviour (officer) could walk you through any dungeon step by step without being in party

Ah the fond memories from mumble while guiding ye through Arah Path 1 1st boss, and the sweet sounds of your teammates
    "Ahhhh the blobs there everywhere, run back..... ahhhh spiders... runaway..."

I remember hearing the soft whimper as your team ran from the blobs into a pack of spiders (hidden in the walls on the left hand side - ye were warned), then ran away from them back into all the blobs, and one by one proceeded to die.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Daemyn

Donkzy wrote: »
    Hya nice to meet you glad you applied, please be patient tho he got a lot on atm :)

I'll take this as a chance to update DkR

With Wildstar ever slowly getting closer (yes still a couple months off) we are beginning to decide on race, still a long way off till final decision but everybody opinion is welcome and taken on board so now is good time to join and have your say. Closed beta also interesting but as you know NDA can't say too much, but a few of us may of gotten in.

I'll give you a bit of our background when DkR was leading up to gw2 release, We made a build tool website, Our leader DarkAdemic made http://gw.guildex.org/ which we used to choose server and alliances, before release.
    We recruited and was selective about the people we accepted and we got up to about 300-400 people before we decided that was enough.
    On release night our mumble server which can hold 200 was pretty much maxed out all waiting for that first person to say 'I'M IN' at about 5am. exciting times.

Upon release we played all aspects of the game to a high standard in wvw, we had a very nice alliance with ThUN, think CiR and a few others as well till a few people lost interest numbers dropped. (mainly due to lack of updates from Anet, if anything they removed more stuff than added) lots and lots of occasions 40+ people well organised by Toglos and a few others

PvE wise Saviour (officer) could walk you through any dungeon step by step without being in party, Most of our PvE'rs all had full dungeon master achievement and very very high achievement ratings. but again the content ran out for a lot of us

sPvP we had a lot of set teams at start (7 I think), a few did pretty well but as the competitive PvP never really took off this dwindled similarly to wvw.

So for a lot of us we got burned out in gw2, Think I had 1600 hours on it and enough is enough, I miss the gear grind from other mmo's it must be said

Now wildstar we have have guild server website up http://wildstar.guildex.org/ and are working on a Wildstar skill website http://wildstarbuilds.com/ and recruiting slowly

Also we are mainly Uk and Ireland, but have people from all over the world

So now I think as a guild we looking for next big MMO, was kinda split between ESO and Wildstar but from looking at the features of wildstar (20/40 man raids + massive warplots battles + focused pvp) we mainly looking towards Wildstar.

In the mean time we still play togeter on mumble lots of people playing many different games, a lot more lately after the steam sale (we have a steam group also) The games mainly played atm are League of legends, Terraria (we have server), Borderlands 2, Battlefield 2, Path of Exile, Civilisation 5, Sins of a Solar Empire and a few others are pretty popular also.

So yeh if this sounds like the place for you please apply, we a are a community first all friendly, but also skilled and dedicated players look forward to meeting you

Awesome reply thanks :)
    I have contacted through the DKR website, but as you said you guys have a lot on so I can be patient no worries, Wildstar won't be out for a while yet lol.
    The only game i'm really playing at the moment is swtor , I have a lvl 80 character in GW2 on Piken square, went there with a few guildies from swtor when it was released, but got to 80 fully geared and bored very quickly.

I actually started out on desolation but it always annoyed me when vizunah just took everything over while us guys were asleep lol so I just stopped altogether, much prefer the pvp in swtor.

Wildstar looks like everything ive been looking for and I consider myself a decent pvper, I have been asked to join some really good pvp guilds before, but they all fell apart due to people leaving and such :(
    In the process now again of setting up another ranked team lol

Id be happy to join you guys in wildstar if your looking for another Irish cupcake ;) so ill probably hear back from my application through e-mail then ?
    thanks again !

Advertisement