Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playgrounds - Swings and slides

Options
  • 30-04-2013 8:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I have a one year old and he's starting to get old enough that he likes to go on swings for a little while while out on a walk.

I know there's a small park in ballybrack and in shanganagh park in shankill, is there any others or playgrounds around the area?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Killiney hill has one

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Cabintelly park is a good one,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

There is one in Hyde Road in Dalkey and one on the promenade in Dun Laoghaire.as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

There is one in Hyde Road in Dalkey and one on the promenade in Dun Laoghaire.as well.

neither are suitable for younger kids.

where abouts are you?

marley park has a great one, theres a good one beside booterstown dart station

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Peoples Park has swings suitable. But for the Rolls Royce experience, Marley Park has a selection of playgrounds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

crazyderk wrote: »
    I know there's a small park in ballybrack
    Do you mean kilbogett park, at seapoint rugby club & cabinteely GAA? if not they have one there, I think with those enclosed swing seats that their legs fit through. There are also ducks there now with a good area for kids to feed them, they come right up on the bank, theres a bench to sit there too. There are ducks in cabinteely park too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭crazyderk

rubadub wrote: »
    Do you mean kilbogett park, at seapoint rugby club & cabinteely GAA? if not they have one there, I think with those enclosed swing seats that their legs fit through. There are also ducks there now with a good area for kids to feed them, they come right up on the bank, theres a bench to sit there too. There are ducks in cabinteely park too.

Yes that's the one I'm talking about, Its a lovely park.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Tabnabs wrote: »
    Peoples Park has swings suitable. But for the Rolls Royce experience, Marley Park has a selection of playgrounds.

Cabinteely Park has a very similar selection to Marlay, and would be much closer for the OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I'd vouch for cabinteely, but I have really fond memories of being brought to Marlay as a kid. The park kicked ass.

Advertisement