Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

URGENT ADVICE/SUGGESTIONS PLEASE

Options
  • 30-04-2013 9:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭

All,

Im hoping for some advice please. At work at the moment in Ballysimon Area of Limerick. Next door is a halting site and there is a poor German Shepherd (only a puppy by the looks of him) in awful conditions. Have been watching since yesterday....no food/water/shelter and on a 4 foot chain. Im a proud owner of 2 german shepherds and this is making me so angry and upset.
    Any thoughts please on who to call or what to do to try and help this poor dog??

Thank in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

If the dog has no water or shelter, you can call the guards and/or the dog wardens. Whether they'll help it not, I don't know, as these things tend not to be top of their priority list, but you never know. I would tend to stay on their case until something's done. Leaving a dog without food/water/sheter is against the law, so it is within the remit of the relevent law enforcement agencies.
    Otherwise , perhaps a call to the local SPCA, who have no power to take action, but they can talk to the owners to educate them, and they can get help from the guards if they feel action needs to be taken.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭kopfan77

DBB wrote: »
    If the dog has no water or shelter, you can call the guards and/or the dog wardens. Whether they'll help it not, I don't know, as these things tend not to be top of their priority list, but you never know. I would tend to stay on their case until something's done. Leaving a dog without food/water/sheter is against the law, so it is within the remit of the relevent law enforcement agencies.
    Otherwise , perhaps a call to the local SPCA, who have no power to take action, but they can talk to the owners to educate them, and they can get help from the guards if they feel action needs to be taken.

Thanks...having trouble uploading pics here, but I sent a mail to LSPCA with a couple of pictures.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

Is it possible for you to video the dog over several hours, to show that for instance no water was provided over 5 hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Maybe give LAW a buzz as well, they have no power but they might be able to advise you on what to do.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

I know that LAW have visited halting sites before, so would definately be worth contacting them - I know they are up the walls but usually would have someone around - they have a facebook page as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Have you considered asking if the puppy was for sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭kopfan77

Thanks for the advice folks.....as in work cant spend too much time ringing around on this at the moment, but I have emailed both LSPCA and LAW and rang roxboro garda station who said theyll try and send a car in.

Cant video as dont have the equipment, have to be seen do some work and I dont think the residents of the halting site would take too kindly. No way of asking if the puppy is for sale for the same reasons....not a good relationship between our workplace and our neighbours

Advertisement