Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric gate changes time setting

Options
  • 30-04-2013 9:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭

Hi I have gates controlled by keypad. Been having some difficulty with gates opening and not opening on occasions. . The guy was playing around with it and seems to have resolved the problem so far but he set the time that the gate unlocks for a bit longer ... It's too loud and probably will work with the adjustment without the extra time that he set. I was hoping to reduce it myself without dragging him back over ... I attach what I think from looking at the control panel may be the switch to moderate the time length ... Any advice appreciated thanks paddy.... It's on image number 2 the circular bit !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

VR1 - variable resistor. used for timing circuits. You may want to experiment a bit. Mark the current setting do you can return to it if it all goes pear shaped.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

stoneill wrote: »
    VR1 - variable resistor. used for timing circuits. You may want to experiment a bit. Mark the current setting do you can return to it if it all goes pear shaped.

Thanks a lot , I take it that is the correct control to shorten or lengthen the time !? Cheers
    Paddy

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Gate Automation

This photo show board of power supplier, it's not a gate control panel, don't twist, it probably change output voltage of PSU.

This photo show board of power supplier, it's not a gate control panel, don't twist, it probably change output voltage of PSU.

Hi thanks for your reply. I don't much about it that's why I wondered .... Is the time length controlled from some where else so? Thanks
    Paddy
    Ps there is no more units than I show in photo. .. Only a keypad then and the actual lock on the gate

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Gate Automation

Tell as little more, what type of gate you have ? sliding, swing, with motor or pedestrian gate with maglock or elctric lock ? What type of keypad you have ? If you asking about pedestrian gate you adjust time on keypad, probably you have ACT5 or ACT10. If you have sliding gate, control board it's inside motor, if you have swing gate with articulated arms control panel can be in one of the motor.

• Advertisement

Many thanks for your reply. It is two gates. There is a lock on one gate that opens back when you either press the keypad at the front beside the gate or a button on the answer phone in the kitchen. You are correct it is an act... Type....
    There is no other accessories on the gate. I will try see what exact model the keypad is ...... I hope that the time can be programmed from keypad as it will avoid going near the power unit.... Again many thanks....

Paddy
    Update! Just read the manual it's an act 5 e keypad reduced the time as per instructions! All well , much appreciated , your assistance! Ps just a quick thing , is the circular unit in photograph that controls the voltage .... Is that to be varied depending on the weight of the gate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

Are these automatic gates? Or is it just an electronic lock that you have ?
    You need the manual for the act 5 keypad if its the length of time you want the lock to remain open for changed

Are these automatic gates? Or is it just an electronic lock that you have ?
    You need the manual for the act 5 keypad if its the length of time you want the lock to remain open for changed

Yap did that all well.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Amad

Having the same problem with mine.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated. I can't post a picture of it here for some reason. Perhaps because I'm a newbie?
    Would it be the two little blue boxes which I would manipulative to shorten the time the gate remains open? I think one is called ACT and the other is called PAR
    Thank you.

Advertisement