Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-Commerce site for 500-600 euro?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭ChRoMe

And the moral of the story is....

"If you think its expensive to hire a professional, wait until you hire an amateur"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

ChRoMe wrote: »
    I'm .......... I don't know what to say..... :eek:
    Well, don't say it to his credit card companies as it might endanger his merchant account. They get terribly upset when they see this sort of thing.
    flynnlives wrote: »
    i really dont understand why people always assume that spending the least amount of money on their main source of transactions is the right way to go.
    It's partially cultural (Irish business is still treated in the same way as horse trading is), but also because of the bedroom start-up myth.

There have been numerous on-line ventures that started on a shoestring budget and have turned out to become huge successes over time. Thing is, they're a bit like winning the Lotto - people focus on the success stories and tend to forget (or simply don't realize) that for every successful shoestring budget venture, there's a thousand failed shoestring budget ventures.

And urban myths, such as how Ryanair got their site done by students for a packet of crisps and a Mars bar, add to this mythology - even though in reality those two students only did the HTML front end and the actual ecommerce booking engine set Ryanair back something in the regions of Irl£1 million.

Of course, you can get sites done on the cheap and be successful, but in reality that involves outsourcing, which in turn means you really need to know what you're doing. Most don't; even though they may have read a few articles and suddenly consider themselves experts.

Advertisement