Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power City Nightmare

Options
  • 30-04-2013 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Picked out a product,
    Ordered it with salesman,
    He gave me receipt to pay at the till and told me product will be handed to me there,
    Paid for it and bought a few bits and bobs for the product (case, memory card etc)
    Waited 10 minutes,
    Bloke comes up to tell me they are out of stock.
    WTF? disaster !!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

Just say it's ok and get your money back. Where's the problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Sadderday

well, its a pain in the a'ss and its the first time this has happened.

Why don't they check their stockroom before you pay...

Waiting for my debit card to be refunded

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Bodhran

Did they not offer to ring some of their other stores to see if they had it in stock?

nope, and they were trying to pawn off the display... with no discount

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

out of interest did you check online to see if the item is in stock in any of their other stores?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭skinny90

why are you waiting for a refund?have you left the store?whilst it can be annoying for stuff to be out of stock i dont see the urge to vent your anger online,(its quite petty to be fair)
    if that was the case this forum would be the alot busier

Tippex wrote: »
    out of interest did you check online to see if the item is in stock in any of their other stores?

Just did this morning

skinny90 wrote: »
    why are you waiting for a refund?have you left the store?whilst it can be annoying for stuff to be out of stock i dont see the urge to vent your anger online,(its quite petty to be fair)
    if that was the case this forum would be the alot busier

I had picked out what I wanted. Bloke took me up to his computer, yadda yadda yadda, gave me receipt, go pay and i'll drop it over to you, spent €100 on things for the product (which all were returned too, useless)
    Paid with debit card, and then told it was out of stock.

Major pain in the a'ss and never experienced it in another shop..

certainly not, venting my anger online? but theres always someone hopping into a thread to give out about what anyone decides to post.
    Petty, is your opinion on my reaction to the situation I was in.

I was pleasant in store... but if you drove over and bought something that actually was not there to be purchased and had to wait for your card to be rufunded to make your purchase elsewhere... you would be a little bit annoyed too

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Sadderday wrote: »
    I was pleasant in store... but if you drove over and bought something that actually was not there to be purchased and had to wait for your card to be rufunded to make your purchase elsewhere... you would be a little bit annoyed too

"A little bit annoyed" - perhaps, but calling it a "nightmare" and a "disaster" is completely over the top. These things happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭keithsfleet

I agree OP.
    They should of checked their stock before selling something they don't actually have.
    I know it was a matter of the times there and then but when I worked in A**** when I was younger if something was sold that wasn't actually there, the next nearest product was offered at either the sameprice or a reduced price if it was off lesser quality.
    They did have a stock checker in store but it wouldn't be unusual for the last item in Stock to be lost through either staff negligence or pilferage.

• Advertisement

Skid X wrote: »
    "A little bit annoyed" - perhaps, but calling it a "nightmare" and a "disaster" is completely over the top. These things happen.

Nightmare, yes!, waiting for my money.. and can't rely on the store thats close to home when purchasing electronics.

Never used the term 'disaster' that you quoted above... over the top exaggerating there.

I had picked out what I wanted. Bloke took me up to his computer, yadda yadda yadda, gave me receipt, go pay and i'll drop it over to you, spent €100 on things for the product (which all were returned too, useless)
    Paid with debit card, and then told it was out of stock.

Major pain in the a'ss and never experienced it in another shop..

certainly not, venting my anger online? but theres always someone hopping into a thread to give out about what anyone decides to post.
    Petty, is your opinion on my reaction to the situation I was in.

what about it!!?these things happen no matter how good a stock system is in place errors can occur.there may well have been a camera showing the online stockfile or in store but in reality it could be damaged or there could be bits missing. I agree the sale could have gone smoother by insuring that the stock was in place buy hey thats life...You have to look elsewhere and the shop doesnt get the business,does it warrent this thread...in my opinion no
    and yes you are venting your anger

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

Never used the term 'disaster' that you quoted above... over the top exaggerating there.

Ermm, yea ya did, first post :rolleyes:

skinny90 wrote: »
    what about it!!?these things happen no matter how good a stock system is in place errors can occur.there may well have been a camera showing the online stockfile or in store but in reality it could be damaged or there could be bits missing. I agree the sale could have gone smoother by insuring that the stock was in place buy hey thats life...You have to look elsewhere and the shop doesnt get the business,does it warrent this thread...in my opinion no
    and yes you are venting your anger

And.... You're venting your anger now sunshine, take a look.

If you have nothing useful to say, don't post.

Major pain in the ass, just putting you wide. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Nightmare, yes!, waiting for my money.. and can't rely on the store thats close to home when purchasing electronics.

For the record ...
    Picked out a product,
    Ordered it with salesman,
    He gave me receipt to pay at the till and told me product will be handed to me there,
    Paid for it and bought a few bits and bobs for the product (case, memory card etc)
    Waited 10 minutes,
    Bloke comes up to tell me they are out of stock.
    WTF? disaster !!

so what useful information did you receive from starting this thread?
    the fact that you took the time out of your life and posted what a was "disaster" would indicate you aint happy
    yes the lad made the mistake by not insuring it was there i. after discovering the mistake the shop looked for solution by offering you the display model which you turned down
    they then refunded your money
    whats the problem
    what else could they have done to please you.
    talk about 1st world problems:)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

This thread is going nowhere fast.

Closed

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement