Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Real Madrid vs Borussia Dortmund (ITV1 and TV3) KO: 7:45pm

• 30-04-2013 11:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭

real-madrid-vs-borussia-dortmund-match-preview-champions-league.jpg

Second leg tonight! Dortmund travel to Madrid with a 4-1 advantage from last week. It will be interesting to see how Madrid respond in front of their home fans in what could be Mourinho’s last European game in charge with them. Dortmund will be fresh after resting their star players at the weekend. Ronaldo returns from injury and is available. Both Arbeloa and Marcelo are unavailable through injury.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22346686

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

All guns blazing from Real, I think they'll race into an early 2-0 lead and Dortmund will pick them off o the break.

Game to finish 3-1 Real.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Ah, the oul 4-1 scoreline. Is there a more dangerous lead to have in football? I think not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

This should be a cracker, Real have no choice but to attack, Klopp said his side would not defend for 90 minutes, I'll go for a 2-2 type draw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Real to win 5-1 I reckon. If they show up and just go for it, they will do it. If CR7 is fit, and the supporting cast are motivated, I think Real will blitz them. Early goal is vital for Real.

Real have who in defence?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Dortmund already through imo. No way they wont score tonight.

I do not think Real gave Dortmund enough respect last week and got caught on the hop. If they study the Malaga games videos and implement their plan properly, they will do the job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

mike65 wrote: »
    Real have who in defence?

Probably arbeloa (suspended last game?) ramos, varrane and coentrao. Pepe had a bit of a mare last week. Should be a cracking game

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Very very difficult to predict.

That said I'll go with 3-1 Madrid.

Wouldn't completely rule out Madrid yet.

Come on Dortmund.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Wolf Club

gimmick wrote: »
    I do not think Real gave Dortmund enough respect last week and got caught on the hop. If they study the Malaga games videos and implement their plan properly, they will do the job.
    I'm not so sure about that. Surely they would have known what they were in for, having already drawn and lost against them earlier this year. I think people are highlighting the Malaga game a bit too much, fair enough Dortmund weren't convincing in that game, but they've made light work of superior teams to Malaga this season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Madly enough, paddy power will only give you 3/1 on your brave prediction

3/1 on Real progressing or winning 5-1?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

real to be in with a chance of progressing, maybe 2-0 up at half time, but Dortmund will score around the 60th minute, and prob again. 2-2 draw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

3/1 on Real progressing or winning 5-1?

Real progressing.

Interestingly enough, a double of Barcelona and Real to progress comes in at just under 90/1 (89.25/1) on Bet365.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Perfectly set up for Dortmund. Madrid have no choice but to attack and push very high, Dortmund are superb on counter attack.

I can see Madrid struggling in this game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Predicting a nervy affair. 1-0 maybe 2-0 Madrid with thirteen yellow cards and eight corners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Going with 1-1 tonight, or maybe 2-1 Real.

Can't see the 3-1/4-1 scorelines happening tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Hopefully both Spanish teams get spanked again this week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

This should be a cracker, Real have no choice but to attack, Klopp said his side would not defend for 90 minutes, I'll go for a 2-2 type draw.

In fact he said - and I'll paraphrase 'we won't be playing for a result, we will be playing to win there again' :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Jesus 3/1 on Madrid progressing is pretty rubbish.

I'm not writing them off and I think they have a chance, but not that good of a chance.

Also I wouldn't get excited at 90/1 on Barca/Madrid double. Never going to happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Perfectly set up for Dortmund. Madrid have no choice but to attack and push very high, Dortmund are superb on counter attack.

I can see Madrid struggling in this game.

Spot on, Dortmund will relish this.

To quote Oatsey from the previous match thread:
    GEGENPRESSING!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Dortmund to sail through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

All season Madrid have been possibly one of the weaker sides in possession in La Liga. In the UCL their games have been far from convincing. So that suggests two possibilities. Madrid will actually have a decent game tonight and might go through. Or they, yet again, play a sterile possession game. Not going to call it because I want Dortmund to the win UCL and there's no doubt Madrid have the potential to be spectacular but thus far every team has pretty much stifled them - and Dortmund are a lot better than pretty much all those teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I would be absolutely shocked if Real got through here. And IMO, to think that they will is falling into the same mistakes people have been making upto now in underestimating Dortmund.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

I'm support Bayern and usually Bayern and Dortmund don't like each other too much. I also had Dortmund kinda written off v Real as they were simply not showing the form from the group stages vs Shaktar and vs Malaga.
    But they came back and I'm delighted for them. They were fantastic and they deserve to go to the final in wembley big time.

Realistically I can see no way back into this tie for Real. Real will have to press very hard and this will play into Dortmund s strengths. Dortmund may well win this tie tonight picking them off on the counter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Borussia will score a goal for sure, gonna say 1:1 or 2:2.

The more, Madrid will fail to score, the more they will be frustrated, the higher the possibility of a decent counter attack.

Bring it on, Heja BVB :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Lars1916 wrote: »
    Borussia will score a goal for sure, gonna say 1:1 or 2:2.

The more, Madrid will fail to score, the more they will be frustrated, the higher the possibility of a decent counter attack, the higher the chance of a red card for Ramos

Bring it on, Heja BVB :cool:

fixed that for ya :pac:

Jelle1880 wrote: »

I'm tending more and more to the idea, to give a few pieces of Borussia Dortmund merchandise :D

Jelle1880 wrote: »

Can you make a bet on that stuff if Madrid fall behind?:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

I like the idea of this video, during your hour of need!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Real to win 5-1 I reckon. If they show up and just go for it, they will do it. If CR7 is fit, and the supporting cast are motivated, I think Real will blitz them. Early goal is vital for Real.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTSkXenUg36AfC_HFnaV19bNn-uiZgRCP0jD5Wqu931XCQK1llB

I hope Real Madrid get hammered again tbh. 5-0 Dortmund

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I would not be surprised to see Dortmund win this.

In saying that I think Real will want to prove point and will win by odd goal but too little too late.

Stranger things have happened though.

For the ne austral a early goal for Real would just make it little interesting.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

NUTZZ wrote: »

If they go a goal down, let's see how much their supporters get behind them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

adox wrote: »
    Dortmund already through imo. No way they wont score tonight.
    Sergio Ramos hopefully, always a hoot trying to see him defend.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

3 La Ligas, 1 Copa Del Rey, 2 European Championships, 1 World Cup. Part of the World Cup 2010 and Euro 2012 teams of the tournament. Chosen in the FIFA World 11 in 2008, 2011 and 2012, Uefa team of the year in 2008 and 2012 but sure he can't defend......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Ramos is a class player. Stop believing everything Dunphy says.

Where does this myth that Ramos can't defend come from? The reason why he's get's caught out more often than your average CB is because his teams usually play a high line offensive game. That's not his weakness it's a calculated risk taken by the team's manager. Ramos, red card fest aside, is a quality defender and heavily under appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Hope Dortmund spank them again. The German fans will probably outsing the Real fans for 90 minutes too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Easily one of the best centre halves in the world

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Dortmund are through, no question. No way they go to Spain and don't score again, especially with Madrid needing so many themselves.

• Advertisement

Is that three at the back with Essien just in front ?

41 Diego López

4 Sergio Ramos
    5 Fábio Coentrão
    2 R. Varane

14 Xabi Alonso
    19 L. Modrić
    15 M. Essien
    10 M. Özil

22 Á. di María
    7 Cristiano Ronaldo
    20 G. Higuaín

Dortmund as you were.

1 R. Weidenfeller
    15 M. Hummels
    26 Ł. Piszczek
    4 N. Subotić
    29 M. Schmelzer
    16 J. Błaszczykowski
    6 S. Bender
    8 I. Gündogan
    10 M. Götze
    9 R. Lewandowski
    11 M. Reus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Is that three at the back with Essien just in front ?

41 Diego López

4 Sergio Ramos
    5 Fábio Coentrão
    2 R. Varane

14 Xabi Alonso
    19 L. Modrić
    15 M. Essien
    10 M. Özil

22 Á. di María
    7 Cristiano Ronaldo
    20 G. Higuaín

Dortmund as you were.

1 R. Weidenfeller
    15 M. Hummels
    26 Ł. Piszczek
    4 N. Subotić
    29 M. Schmelzer
    16 J. Błaszczykowski
    6 S. Bender
    8 I. Gündogan
    10 M. Götze
    9 R. Lewandowski
    11 M. Reus

I would guess Essien is at right back.

Let that be fun, I'm in work, listening to the BVB Netradio, I guess, the guy, I'm looking after will catch up some German words :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

Is there a radio station carrying this?

Do you speak German?

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Captain Morgan Freeman

NUTZZ wrote: »

I heard they brought out a similar campaign in last seasons semi final too for all the good it did.
    The main fan interaction that night was catching a penalty from Sergio Ramos. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

Lars1916 wrote: »
    Do you speak German?

no!:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭markc1184

I've not really being paying attention to Real lately, but what's the story with Casillas? Is he still injured or just out of favour?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

There's a radio thing at the bottom of this page but I don't know if it broadcasts the match. Don't have sound ATM to check

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/season=2013/matches/live/index.html?day=12&session=1&match=2009611

Terrible camera positioning/angle for this match so far! What gives!?

• Advertisement
Advertisement