Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Real Madrid vs Borussia Dortmund (ITV1 and TV3) KO: 7:45pm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

YES, YES AND YES AGAIN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

So happy for Dortmund. And not just because if we get through, we wont have to face Real in the final :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Well done Dortmund. Deserved to be in the finals and it's great to see how far they have come in such a short space of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭blackwave

thank god they didnt lose it at the end, well done dortmund been following you with interest the last few years delighted to see them get through the final :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Watching Dortmund should come with a health warning!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Can't remember the last time I was literally edge of the seat watching two teams I don't support. Happy with that result though.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Delighted for BVB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Sahin chuffed his club is technically out :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Dortmund certainly like making dramatic.Delighted for them.
    Think they may have been lucky to avoid a penalty at the end there.
    No way Madrid deserved this though. They need to have a rethink about their set-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Cracking game of football. Really top quality stuff for the neutral to enjoy and both teams played a part in that. Over two legs Dortmund deserve to go through, though if Madrid score one of those early chances then it could have been a completely different story.

Some cracking performances tonight, Hummels and Gundogan for Dortmund but I have to single out Sergio Ramos, a lion at the heart of the Madrid backline, gave absolutely everything he had, ferocious, a great leader and a worthy captain of Real Madrid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Jose has lost a fair few semi-finals at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

Quick, someone start a 'Are Mourinho and Madrid done' thread.

In all seriousness, they most likely are. Jose would best get out of that circus.

Jose has lost a fair few semi-finals at this stage

5 of the 7 hes lost. Still getting to 7 is amazing and winning it outright the tto times hes made the final.

Think kaka had an impact coming on, ronnie and alonso were poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Cracking game of football. Really top quality stuff for the neutral to enjoy and both teams played a part in that. Over two legs Dortmund deserve to go through, though if Madrid score one of those early chances then it could have been a completely different story.

Some cracking performances tonight, Hummels and Gundogan for Dortmund but I have to single out Sergio Ramos, a lion at the heart of the Madrid backline, gave absolutely everything he had, ferocious, a great leader and a worthy captain of Real Madrid.

Ramos was lucky he wasn't sent off the way he was throwing his elbows around in the first half. Agree with you otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

I thought the match was really poor. The last ten minutes were exciting but the first eighty were full of misplaced passes, mis control, poor efforts on goal.

Ramos wasn't a lion tonight either. He was a thug who got away with it because of a weak ref.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Average enough player, makes up for his shortcomings ability-wise with his pulling and elbowing though. Getting away with it is an art so fair play to him I say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

but I have to single out Sergio Ramos, a lion at the heart of the Madrid backline, gave absolutely everything he had, ferocious, a great leader and a worthy captain of Real Madrid.
    Shine on you crazy diamond :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Fully deserved from Dortmund. Bit like Ajax of the 90s in their set up. Hope they win it now and might make the likes of Lewandowski have a rethink bout leaving

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

347cj2v.gif

• Advertisement

adox wrote: »
    I thought the match was really poor. The last ten minutes were exciting but the first eighty were full of misplaced passes, mis control, poor efforts on goal.

Ramos wasn't a lion tonight either. He was a thug who got away with it because of a weak ref.

I disagree. It might not have always been technically as good as it should have been for a game at this level but the tempo the game was played at for long periods was a break-neck speed which few other teams are capable of doing.

Ridiculous. A stirring performance from, in my opinion, the best centre back in the world. A near-heroic display, a display worthy of the armband he was wearing.

Oat23 wrote: »
    Average enough player, makes up for his shortcomings ability-wise with his pulling and elbowing though. Getting away with it is an art so fair play to him I say.

Pathetic response. Average enough player? Average players don't start at the heart of a defence that has won 3 major international tournaments consecutively, average defenders do not wear the captain's armband at Real Madrid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

He wasn't even the best centre back on the pitch tonight.

I disagree. It might not have always been technically as good as it should have been for a game at this level but the tempo the game was played at for long periods was a break-neck speed which few other teams are capable of doing.

Ridiculous. A stirring performance from, in my opinion, the best centre back in the world. A near-heroic display, a display worthy of the armband he was wearing.

The best centre back in the world??????

I'm actually speechless.

Boskowski wrote: »
    He wasn't even the best centre back on the pitch tonight.

These things are debatable and relative. In my opinion he was the best player on the pitch tonight, the driving force for Madrid throughout that game tonight, a true leaders performance. Defensively very solid, asked to play an aggressive role at the back, did so with aplomb, made things happen, and capped it off with a well taken goal.

That Mourinho interview was classic!!

Gabrielle Clarke aBout to get the scoup out of Jose back to CFC & he cuts it off as the show ended... UTV!!

• Advertisement

adox wrote: »
    The best centre back in the world??????

I'm actually speechless.

I'm not even a Real Madrid fan but yes, for me he is the best centre back in the world and has been for a couple of years. It's hardly such a shocking statement, he's won a World Cup, he's won 2 European Championships, he's won 3 La Ligas, he's been picked in the best team at Euro 2012 and World Cup 2010, he was in the FIFA World 11 three times, he was in the Uefa team of the year twice, he won La Liga's best defender award in 2012 and he has worn the captains armband at Real Madrid. Hardly shocking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Here Precious2

Jose to Chelsea

I've no idea how it can be claimed that Ramos is the best in the World. That's just not the case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

and thats Jose done at Real...just admitted it there.

"maybe not...i want to be somewhere where i am loved"...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

These things are debatable and relative. In my opinion he was the best player on the pitch tonight, the driving force for Madrid throughout that game tonight, a true leaders performance. Defensively very solid, asked to play an aggressive role at the back, did so with aplomb, made things happen, and capped it off with a well taken goal.

You really are something else.
    :rolleyes:

klose wrote: »

Keeps timing out.:( Maybe that's a sign?
    Even though I can't see it my imagination tells me that I'd love to see it as a meme.:D

That Mourinho interview was classic!!

Gabrielle Clarke aBout to get the scoup out of Jose back to CFC & he cuts it off as the show ended... UTV!!

He's definitely off anyway.

I'm not even a Real Madrid fan but yes, for me he is the best centre back in the world and has been for a couple of years. It's hardly such a shocking statement, he's won a World Cup, he's won 2 European Championships, he's won 3 La Ligas, he's been picked in the best team at Euro 2012 and World Cup 2010, he was in the FIFA World 11 three times, he was in the Uefa team of the year twice, he won La Liga's best defender award in 2012 and he has worn the captains armband at Real Madrid. Hardly shocking.

It is a shocking statement but typical of your totally over the top and hugely exaggerated claims during and after games.

I'll leave you to pontificate with others with your never ending meandering prose. I haven't got the energy or inclanation to continue to debate with you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Ramos did foul alot during the game
    but if he was a british cb it would be considered good defending
    he was superb tonight though a true leader
    & if u seen him at Euro 2012 u would know he is a world class defender

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

and thats Jose done at Real...just admitted it there.

"maybe not...i want to be somewhere where i am loved"...

SORRY stop talking

we need to take an ad break.

What an absolute f**k up by ITV. They had their biggest post match interview in years and they ****ed it up to take ads.

I've no idea how it can be claimed that Ramos is the best in the World. That's just not the case.

I've just made a case, it's a good case.

By the way anyone know where I could find the Mourinho interview? I missed it.

Ah feck off itv nobody likes ye

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

He had at least 3 bookable offenses in the first half alone and I can't believe Howard Webb let him get away with it. And I don't mean arguably bookable, I mean bookable to a point were it became ridiculous they were so blatant. Every single time he went up into the air against Lewandowski he had his elbow or his hands in his face. A yellow card after twenty minutes would have quieten him down an awful lot, probably wouldn't have seen the end of the game.
    What did the guys say in commentary? 16 career red cards for one of the best footballing sides around? Some role model alright.

Pathetic response. Average enough player? Average players don't start at the heart of a defence that has won 3 major international tournaments consecutively, average defenders do not wear the captain's armband at Real Madrid.

Average players do let the man their marking score 3 goals though.

Michael Mancienne did a better job against Lewandowski and he didn't even have to resort to elbowing him to win their aerial battles. MICHAEL MANCIENNE.

You're on something if you think Ramos is the best CB in the world. He's not even on the top tier. Hummels was the best CB on the pitch tonight.

Edit: Ignore the first part, I've just remembered it was Pepe on Lewandowski last week, forgot because he was non-existent.

The rest is true though, Sergio Ramos IS NOT the best CB in the world.

• Advertisement

SORRY stop talking

we need to take an ad break.

What an absolute f**k up by ITV. They had their biggest post match interview in years and they ****ed it up to take ads.

Jose actually wanted to go on with the interview, he was ready to roll. This was his moment to be special again and Gabriel Clarke f**ked him off!

Happy sahin and angry coentrao :pac:

8697129998_e110461946_o.gif

Jernal wrote: »
    Keeps timing out.:( Maybe that's a sign?
    Even though I can't see it my imagination tells me that I'd love to see it as a meme.:D

I embedded it on the next page, tis a gif :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    What a brilliant ending, totally deserved by Dortmund but Real made it tense in the end.

I think, your presence could have been the cutting edge. Cheers :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Well done Lars and Nuri and any other Dortmund fans.

Ye be as happy as pig in ****e tonight ;-)

Oat23 wrote: »
    Average players do let the man their marking score 3 goals though.

Michael Mancienne did a better job against Lewandowski and he didn't even have to resort to elbowing him to win their aerial battles. MICHAEL MANCIENNE.

You're on something if you think Ramos is the best CB in the world. He's not even on the top tier. Hummels was the best CB on the pitch tonight.

Lets play the irony game. I'll start.

Makes a point in first paragraph that average players don't concede three goals

Third paragraph, says Hummels was the best centre back on the pitch, on a night in which Madrid scored 2 goals against a Dortmund team that, at that point, were playing very deep, and who could have had so many more (Hummel's man Higuain in particular easily could have had 3 tonight).

(Hummel's man Higuain in particular easily could have had 3 tonight).

Could have had 3, how many DID he score though? None, and was taken off.

Can't wait for tomorrows game thread and the sh*te you'll spout in that like last week. Maybe the negative tiki-taka will work better this time round?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Sergio Ramos has been getting Real Madrid knocked out of the Champions League consistently for years now. His first leg performance was enough to get them knocked out this year, his penalty miss got them knocked out the year before, the year before that he was completely humiliated by Messi.

Top defenders don't consistently flop on the big occasions for their clubs.

klose wrote: »
    I embedded it on the next page, tis a gif :D

Practising his Wookie impression for the upcoming Star Wars trilogy!

• Advertisement

Jose did look like he was more or less going to reveal he's off to Chelsea next season before ITV cut him off.

What a complete bollix ITV made of it!

Advertisement