Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee to Fenit cycleway

Options
  • 30-04-2013 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Not sure if this is the correct thread but can anybody tell me if the cycle way has been completed was thinking of heading there this weekend. Having been looking for information in regards to its completion but can't find any.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭kingdumb

Dear potential tourist to Kerry [the self proclaimed tourist capital of Ireland],

You are not wanted around here, please take yourself, your bike, your family and your big fat wallet laden down with tourist euros, and go somewhere else, may we suggest the Great Southern Trail, the Great Western Greenway, or Ballyhoura.

Kindest Regards

King Dumb of Kerry

PS The Tralee to Fenit cycleway thread might be of interest.

Not sure if this is the correct thread but can anybody tell me if the cycle way has been completed was thinking of heading there this weekend. Having been looking for information in regards to its completion but can't find any.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭rickmoister

Still doesn't answer my question is it open or not kingdumb?

Unfortunately rickmoister it isn't.
    You could informally cycle the mile or so between Rock Park and Mounthalk [this was surface laid late last year but still hasn't been finished] but I suspect that you might be looking for something a bit longer.
    As for the rest of the remainder of the line, I wouldn't hold my breath, the simple fact of the matter is that project like these are not on the priority list down here.

Just out of interest were you thinking of holidaying in Kerry ?

I have been holidaying in Kerry for the last 25 years in a place not too far from Tralee and despite being a proud REBEL:) I am made feel very welcome by the natives (Fitzs:pac: and O Neills :pac:Pubs) especially when we were beaten by the Kingdom:(.

What the fek would have you cycling to Fenit ? Hole yourself up in Camp for the week, you will find no better Beamish round these parts.
    I have been holidaying in Kerry for the last 25 years in a place not too far from Tralee and despite being a proud REBEL:) I am made feel very welcome by the natives (Fitzs:pac: and O Neills :pac:Pubs) especially when we were beaten by the Kingdom:(.

• Advertisement

kingdumb wrote: »
    What the fek would have you cycling to Fenit ? Hole yourself up in Camp for the week, you will find no better Beamish round these parts.
    That is exactly why I need to go cycling too much time spent there

Advertisement