Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wenger linked to take over at PSG this Summer!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Naw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

If Arsenal do not finish in the top 4 he will go, no doubt in my mind. Otherwise it will depend on summer spending parameters I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

mike65 wrote: »
    If Arsenal do not finish in the top 4 he will go, no doubt in my mind. Otherwise it will depend on summer spending parameters I suppose.

No hope of him leaving regardless of where Arsenal finish. He's got 1 year left and he'll see that out.

The story is a load of rubbish IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

gosplan wrote: »
    No hope of him leaving regardless of where Arsenal finish. He's got 1 year left and he'll see that out.

The story is a load of rubbish IMO.

Also, it's the telegraph!!!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

and he could be bringing Cristiano Ronaldo in to join him.

Seems legit

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

this was in the superthread too

this was my reply http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=84395627&postcount=5167
    may as well put it here too
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Blatter
    The chief sports writer of the Telegraph is claiming that Wenger is likely to join PSG in the Summer.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...t-Germain.html
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Andip
    A good few of the bookies have adjusted their odds in the light of the Telegraph story - I guess it's more credible than the normal Twitter rumours.

Currently the averge odds bring in Moyes as favourite at 5/2, Laudrup at 10/1 and Mourinho at 16/1

On saying that, I'd be surprised if he will go having talked about re building, there again, if he's not in agreement with the money spend, it could be a trigger.
    The Telegraph/Hayward story is fluffed up from what Philippe Auclair was talking about yesterday on the Guardian podcast, i'd say it was recorded yesterday morning as i downloaded it around 5, the Telegraph story released today online & probably in this mornings paper - nearly 24 hours later, juiced up a bit, reliable stuff

after the game on sunday he asked Wenger about the stories in the french press about him & PSG, wenger answered in french, so presumably was asked in french by Auclair

on wengers answer Auclair even used the word ambigious, ambiguity is used in the telegraph

he gave it a small chance of happening, 10-15%. As the stuff in france came from a former director of PSG i think, who's nothing to do with the current setup & Auclair reckons Leonardo is more likely or will leave PSG in the summer

the then when through the possibilities of it anyway:
    mourinho leaves real
    ancelotti > real
    wenger > PSG
    low who they mentioned could increase his wages & who some wouldn't mind leaving germany + he's been liked recently > arsenal
    Heynckes > germany

after saying that made too much sense he put the chance of it happening down to about 2 or 5% i think

that's where that's came from, all the other stuff he put in himself, kronke's £50mil, etc.
    Is it more credible than twitter? just about i'd say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

What has Ancellotti (not) done to deserve all this speculation? They did quite well in the CL and will almost certainly win their league. Surely they can only get stronger with him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

gimmick wrote: »
    What has Ancellotti (not) done to deserve all this speculation? They did quite well in the CL and will almost certainly win their league. Surely they can only get stronger with him?

For the amount of money they spent i thought theyd have ligue 1 won by now, think they only need 3 more points in their last 4 games.

Itll be weird to see someone else in the arsenal dugout whenever he leaves, likewise when fergie calls it a day. End of an era kind of stuff, fantastic manager.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

klose wrote: »
    For the amount of money they spent i thought theyd have ligue 1 won by now, think they only need 3 more points in their last 4 games.

But that is hardly a bad record. If they win the next game, they win the league with 3 games to spare?

Smacks of lazy journalism to me. Wenger is French, PSG are in France. They are owned by trigger happy oil merchants (yet there is no evidence of being trigger happy afaik), so obviously this has to happen.

Now, maybe, if Jose leaves Real, as looks likely, and Ancelotti replaces him, this might be a story. But thats all a bit far fetched for now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

gimmick wrote: »

He's off to Madrid apparently. He's had issues with Leonardo, the story goes.

AW won't leave this Summer. He'll see out his contract, regardless of where Arsenal finish.

• Advertisement
Advertisement