Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nook Touch Simple eReader - €40 [Via Littlewoods]

• 30-04-2013 11:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭bromley52

Nook Touch Simple eReader £29 @ ASDA Direct
    Free delivery to Parcel Motel.

Can be rooted to install Kindle App.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

These are excellent. Can be hacked to within an inch of its life. Very pleasing form factor with a rubberised rear surface.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Niveus Tauri

out of stock :(

Stock not available.
    The item "NOOK® Simple Touch eReader" is currently out of stock. This has been removed from your shopping basket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Esse85

FFS just signed up with Parccel Motel to avail of this :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Bálls.

I have been looking for a cheap one for a while now.
    Germany have hem all the time, but won't ship here, and the Kobo is the next cheapest, but not a great price for it's screen size.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭lau1247

Esse85 wrote: »
    FFS just signed up with Parccel Motel to avail of this :(

now you have 2 free 'stay', not exactly what you want but still it is something right?

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Esse85

Sainsbury's and Currys are doing these for the same price and both are either out of stock or don't deliver.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Reserved one for myself in Currys up north and ging to collect it tomorrow \o/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Un-expired..

.. very tempted to get one for my father, although he ain't great at technology.

EDIT: Actually.. this might be a no-go as you need to specify a UK billing address.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭wait4me

Basq wrote: »
    Actually.. this might be a no-go as you need to specify a UK billing address.[/color]

and its doesn't consider BT36 4PE (the PM postcode) as valid

• Advertisement

Yeah, tried placing an order.

It accepted the postcode for me, and I tried setting the Parcel motel address as the billing address. It accepted the order, but got an email 5 minutes later asking me to contact them about credit card problems.

Pity

Went through for me with an Irish credit card and the Parcel Motel address. I wouldn't be surprised if I get a cancellation email before shipment though.

I tried again and bingo it went through. Got a confirmation email as well - let's wait and see!

Edit: 5 minutes later:

"We apologize, but we are having difficulty processing your order because your credit card issuer won't approve this charge."

Ah well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭MuffinsDa

What billing address did you use? I used my normal address with BT11AA postcode for billing (parcelmotel for shipping) - it doesn't allow to chose a country for billing address for me. It "went through" as in it "received" the order but it may yet come back with the same issue as yours.

MuffinsDa wrote: »
    I used my normal address with BT11AA postcode for billing (parcelmotel for shipping)

My doing this just crossed with you posting it. I put my (Irish) billing address for my Irish CC in and used BT11AA as my postcode. Keeping those toes crossed now!

Yeah I did that and still have no cancellation email.

am tempted to cancel direct order with nook and order via littlewoods - what do yiz think?

what does your order statuses on Nook say? Mine's say: Order Status: credit card*xx74 - does that mean there's a problem or are they checking the card or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Jasper79

I had same problem before ordering something from Asda Direct with my Credit Card.

Used my Visa Debit and it went straight through, might be less security on that....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 112 ✭✭Mother Duck

Anyone managed to register to order on Littlewoods?

I can't get past the 'Search for your Address' baddie...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 287 ✭✭coley

The houses on my road don't have numbers - it seems to have the names of all my neighbours houses but not mine :(
    There was an entry with no house name so used that - if its the local postie he'll know where I am ... I hope.

-Coley.

Got a second email from Nook saying my order is ready to ship. It might be because I used a Visa debit which probably has less security than a credit card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭bromley52

Available from Blackwell bookshop in the UK. Again use parcel motel.
    9% cashback available via Quidco.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Ordered one on littlewoods a couple of hours ago. Still waiting for a confirmation email. Fingers crossed.

Got a second email from Nook saying my order is ready to ship. .

Me too ....I used BT11AA as my postcode for my CC!

It's £29 on their website.

http://uk.nook.com/

Didn't notice if that had been posted.
    I'm gonna order it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭donnacha

Ordered through Blackwells as they appear to be the only ones that take paypal:
    http://bookshop.blackwell.co.uk/jsp/id/Nook_Simple_Touch/9781400699032?source=EMAIL1367330302

Using ParcelMotel myself but they'll also ship directly to Ireland for £3.50

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

Reserved one in Currys and getting a friend in Newry to collect it for me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,216 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Argos in Newry have the Nook glow light for £69, anyone know is this a good price?

Jeebus.
    Nook must have decided to offload the lot of them.

Ican't get their website to work, keep getting error. Going to try BlackWells.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Have one on the way for gf. Sweet deal!

Ordered on littlewoods 5 hours ago but still haven't got a confirmation email. Anyone else in the same boat?

€38.34 all in from Blackwell. That is perfect.

I went for the £3.50 delivery to my house, instead of ParcelMotel. I'll save my Parcel Motel credit, as knowing my luck, i'll have €41 on my debit card, and i'll see something that has to be delivered using PM, and it'll cost €37.51.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sarah88

I ordered one from nook's website using BT1 1AA for postcode for delivery and billing but recieved an email stating the credit card issuer wont approve the charge. Anyone found a way of getting around this, or should I just order from Blackwell?

• Advertisement

Er, anyone know if you can use an Irish billing address on the uk.nook.com site? Wanted to use Parcel Motel, put in the NI address for Parcel Motel, Went though it all and when it came to billing address it wouldn't let me change the country from UK to Ireland...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Just to say, make a 1:1 image of your freshly delivered Nook Simple Touch, before any further exploring.

Easy as pie to do.

You can do a lot with these rubbery little beasts..

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1198

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,280 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Just ordered one from the nook website for the wife.

Sleepy wrote: »
    Just ordered one from the nook website for the wife.

Did it let you use your billing address even though the country says UK?

Yes I used UK as the country but it still went through. A lot of people on hukd are having trouble with their cards ordering through the Nook site so it might have nothing to do with it being an Irish address.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Sneachta

Amalgam wrote: »
    These are excellent. Can be hacked to within an inch of its life. Very pleasing form factor with a rubberised rear surface.

What can you do with them?

Sneachta wrote: »
    What can you do with them?

stuff like this....

(not a great example tho as from the comments there seems to be a half second lag in the controls)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

Allyall wrote: »
    It's £29 on their website.

http://uk.nook.com/

Didn't notice if that had been posted.
    I'm gonna order it now.

Just ordered one myself wouldn't work earlier presumable the hotukdeals guys were hammering them.

wait4me wrote: »
    Me too ....I used BT11AA as my postcode for my CC!

same here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Do these Nooks have to be linked to the Nook store?And is the Nook Store available to Irish users?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

toby2111 wrote: »
    Do these Nooks have to be linked to the Nook store?And is the Nook Store available to Irish users?

Take a look at the links above you can install lots of readers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Just ordered from Blackwell, feck sake the Sansa mp3 yesterday and this today! :D

Can I ask why everybody is ordering from the nook.co.uk and blackwell sites rather than littlewoods.ie? It's making me worried that maybe I shouldn't have ordered from littlewoods!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Can I ask why everybody is ordering from the nook.co.uk and blackwell sites rather than littlewoods.ie? It's making me worried that maybe I shouldn't have ordered from littlewoods!

Just because it's cheaper and the revised cashbook of 8 percent

• Advertisement
Advertisement