Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nook Touch Simple eReader - €40 [Via Littlewoods]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Ooh, according to my tracking it arrived at the midlands hub and was loaded on a fast ways van an hour ago. Could it be on it's way to me?

No info as to where it was since the 3rd May, it must have had a little holiday over the weekend.

Mine said received at Fastway Midlands Hub at 00:00 and it was delivered early this morning. So im sure you'll get it.

Although I ordered two (in same order) and the other one is still messing around with the Middleton craic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Anyone who ordered on Flubit had theirs dispatched yet?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Anyone who ordered on Flubit had theirs dispatched yet?

No. :o

Tinie wrote: »
    No. :o

I'm not feeling too hopeful that they'll actually have to stock to fulfill the orders, but fingers crossed!

• Advertisement

Mine said received at Fastway Midlands Hub at 00:00 and it was delivered early this morning. So im sure you'll get it.

Although I ordered two (in same order) and the other one is still messing around with the Middleton craic.

Sweet, mine also said received at midlands hub at 00.00.

Expecting a delivery from zoo plus via Dhl today too. Who will get there first?! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭davehey79

Latest tracking information
    01/05/2013 14:24 Order being processed at warehouse
    03/05/2013 16:12 Despatched
    04/05/2013 02:03 Received at RISLEY DEPOT
    04/05/2013 02:28 At incorrect depot RISLEY DEPOT
    08/05/2013 00:11 Sorted at PRIME SORT

Hmm where ever Risley depot is !! they must be sending them through all sorts of different depots for some reason

Hurray, it just arrived! After all the bitching about Littlewoods the order got here before my zooplus order I made the same day :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭cmbutterfly45

Is anyone else still on the order processing in warehouse from littlewoods??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭MuffinsDa

Is anyone else still on the order processing in warehouse from littlewoods??

Yep. Me. Ordered 02/05 @ 14:02 - Current state:
    Latest tracking information
    03/05/2013 15:06 Order being processed at warehouse

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,968 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Mine is still just saying despatched 03/05 @ 16.12
    No further movement so I'm not holding my breath for it.... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭cmbutterfly45

I ordered on 1st , looks like people that ordered after me have gotten theirs too, I've sent a few emails but they won't give me an answer on whether ill actually get it :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Mine has apparently landed in Parcel Motel, Newtownabbey. from Blackwells.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭iPhone.

eamonnq wrote: »

From Blackwells!! you could almost sell that as a collectors edition :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭eamonnq

iPhone. wrote: »
    From Blackwells!! you could almost sell that as a collectors edition :D:D

Haven't got my hands on it yet, could be an empty box with an out of stock message or something like that!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭talking_walnut

eamonnq wrote: »

Thanks for posting that. Checked PM website and I think mine has arrived too. Well something has arrived. I'm waiting on something else too :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

WP_000145_zpsa52b706f.jpg

Wooooooooo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

30/04/2013 17:42 Order being processed at warehouse
    01/05/2013 14:51 Despatched
    02/05/2013 02:22 Received at MIDDLETON DEPOT
    02/05/2013 13:03 At incorrect depot MIDDLETON DEPOT
    03/05/2013 10:14 Despatched
    04/05/2013 04:05 At incorrect depot MIDDLETON DEPOT
    07/05/2013 20:03 Despatched
    07/05/2013 20:04 Despatched

FFS Mine was processed on the 30th which is before a lot of people who have gotten theirs. Littlewoods are beyond useless. I won't be shopping with them ever again :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭pissed

Sent an email to Flubit this morning and received this reply.
    Good Morning,
    Thanks for getting in touch. I apologise for the wait on this order, these are very popular items! I have just been in touch with the supplier to chase this up for you. There has been a slight issue with stock but they are getting much more stock tomorrow. This means your product will be shipped out tomorrow ( Thursday May 9th) and will then take 3-5 working days to deliver as standard.
    I apologise for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience. If your order still does not arrive please get back in touch and we will investigate further for you.
    Have a great day

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Gra246

pmcmahon wrote: »
    WP_000145_zpsa52b706f.jpg

Wooooooooo!

Ditto!! Thanks OP.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,968 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Littlewoods sent me a €10 voucher and a 10% code, thanking me for my order.

Just wish they would send the bloody nook!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Anyone elses' Littlewoods tracking info saying "Sorted at Wednesbury"???Mine been like that since 4th May,no update since.How many poxy depots do these clowns have??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭biebiebie

For those who's Nook has dispatched...

"We'll deliver for free in 4 days"

http://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/web/en/free-delivery.page

:D

Anybody know of some good value cases?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

PC world/Currys have the official Oliver ones for €12 at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

Got mine here not impressed versus kindle, full page refresh is every 6 pages and its quite fuzzy/ghosty until the refresh. Must see if theres a fix for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭iPhone.

got THIS one myself, it's $30 including priority airmail delivery, bought it because it gets really good reviews and also the US Barnes & Noballs site has a better selection I think.

You can get other types cheaper, but I thought this one was worth the little bit extra, works out about €23 delivered which is still cheaper than some places here or the UK for a decent cover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

paddyp wrote: »
    Got mine here not impressed versus kindle, full page refresh is every 6 pages and its quite fuzzy/ghosty until the refresh. Must see if theres a fix for it.

http://uk.nook.com/support/nook-simple-touch-software-updates

Is the firmware on your Nook this version?

It has the exact same E Ink Pearl display that's been used in several Kindles. If it is fuzzy, maybe you have a dud.

Technically every eReader using the E Ink Pearl display needs a refresh every ~6 pages. The 2013 generation of E Ink displays will go about 25 pages without a refresh, but of course you won't find one of those in a €36 e-reader.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

Seems to be heat related it was on the dash of the car its fine now its at room temperature again.

Seems to be heat related it was on the dash of the car its fine now its at room temperature again.

Yep thats a known issue of E Ink, ghosting gets worse at high temperatures. Although most reports ive heard are from warmer countries. Not heard of it happening here but yeah, on a dashboard in the sun would probably do it.

Its a display issue rather than specific to the Nook so it should happen with a Kindle or any device that uses the same E Ink Pearl screen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭paultf

I have ordered this £12.50:

http://tuff-luv.com/e-readers/nook-ereader-cases/embrace-plus-case-cover-stand-for-nook-2-simple-nook-black.html

Good review on Amazon but works out slightly cheaper to order directly. I like these types as they have a stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭ALiasEX

Littlewoods have taken money out of my account but still not despatched the Nook. I wonder if I should accept my flubit offer just in case.

They claim that they only take the payment when it's dispatched from the warehouse. Any change on your order status?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Have they actually taken the payment, or just put a charge/hold on the card?

A lot of companies will just put a charge/hold on your card, this basically checks with your bank that you have the funds for the transaction, and then puts a hold on that amount to ensure that the transaction can be completed later. The money is still in your account, but it is locked and does reduce the amount you have available. Then when the goods ship they actually take the money out of the account.

• Advertisement

Joziburg wrote: »
    Incorrect! - they take payment as soon as its being "processed in the warehouse"

Not true in my case as far as I can tell, my order is at that status since last week now but no payment has been taken so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,985 ✭✭✭Soups123

Does this come with a charger. Going to order for the mother but couldnt see from the product detail on littlewoods

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Littlewoods has mine as processed the last couple of days. Will one of ye's pick up the box and put it in the freaking van so :) Ah not rushed, only picked it up given the price.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Just got an email from the Nook shop, mine seems to have shipped.

Soups123 wrote: »
    Does this come with a charger. Going to order for the mother but couldnt see from the product detail on littlewoods

It comes with a USB cable which you can use to charge via the pc. I guess if you had a generic usb charger that you could plug into a socket that would work too (think they're pretty cheap to buy - I got one in the 2Euro shop recently)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

Mine has been on processed for awhile, then I noticed the "Original delivery date" is the 13th :( Ah well, hopefully by Monday it will have some movement.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Mantel wrote: »
    Mine has been on processed for awhile, then I noticed the "Original delivery date" is the 13th :( Ah well, hopefully by Monday it will have some movement.

Should be in middleton by next week yeah.

Just got a dispatch email from Flubit. Stick your nook up your cranny, Littlewoods!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭spongerobinson

mine arrived to my local parcel motel today! Got someone else to pick it up, but I'm away for the week so won't get to play with it til I get back!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

I ordered mine on Littlewoods a week ago today and it still says order being processed at warehouse :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

swingking wrote: »
    30/04/2013 17:42 Order being processed at warehouse
    01/05/2013 14:51 Despatched
    02/05/2013 02:22 Received at MIDDLETON DEPOT
    02/05/2013 13:03 At incorrect depot MIDDLETON DEPOT
    03/05/2013 10:14 Despatched
    04/05/2013 04:05 At incorrect depot MIDDLETON DEPOT
    07/05/2013 20:03 Despatched
    07/05/2013 20:04 Despatched

FFS Mine was processed on the 30th which is before a lot of people who have gotten theirs. Littlewoods are beyond useless. I won't be shopping with them ever again :mad::mad::mad:

My tracking is the exact same as yours :( That's the thing with littlewoods, they don't seem to fulfill the orders in the order that they were made. Have been let down before when practically everyone's orders were honoured except mine for a mispriced sex and the city box set even though I would have ordered early, not to mind the many other let downs over the years:mad:

Read on a UK website that stock of the Nook Touch Simple is due in on the 17th May. Looks like those of us who have orders outstanding could potentially be waiting another two weeks or so until we get a Nook :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭bromley52

Picked up mine today from Asda direct via parcel motel and I love it. A bit smaller than what I expected but over all and for the price a great buy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 540 ✭✭✭coffee to go

For anyone near the border - I was in Derry today and dropped into Currys on the offchance. Despite assertions from the staff that no stores in NI had any stock, there was blatantly one sitting in the storage locker under the ereader display. After some staff hunting for the locker key, I left as the happy owner of the last nook in the store. I know this is unlikely to be repeated in other stores, bit you never know, it might be worth a look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭paultf

Just noticed this on Amazon. Nook Simple Touch: £39.99 + £4.59 UK delivery. (Then add Parcel Motel.) This is the lowest I have seen it on Amazon?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/NOOK-Simple-Touch-eBook-Reader/dp/140053271X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1368044735&sr=8-1&keywords=nook+simple+touch

(I have an order with Flubit so I am going to stick with that.)

• Advertisement
Advertisement