Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nook Touch Simple eReader - €40 [Via Littlewoods]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Just because it's cheaper and the revised cashbook of 8 percent

Ah, okay. Makes sense then. Just a bit paranoid since I still haven't received my confirmation email. Patience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭donnacha

Seaneh wrote: »
    Er, anyone know if you can use an Irish billing address on the uk.nook.com site? Wanted to use Parcel Motel, put in the NI address for Parcel Motel, Went though it all and when it came to billing address it wouldn't let me change the country from UK to Ireland...

Just use Blackwell Seaneh - they deliver to Ireland for £3.50 or free delivery to parcelmotel. http://bookshop.blackwell.co.uk/jsp/id/NOOK_Simple_Touch/9781400699032

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Just ordered on littlewoods,got email confirmation.Wife had a 10% discount code from O2 so €36!I'll be checking back on this thread when it arrives to get help rooting this little bad boy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Another Cashback site, you can request the cash back as an Amazon voucher also.

http://www.topcashback.co.uk/blackwell_books/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

toby2111 wrote: »
    Just ordered on littlewoods,got email confirmation.Wife had a 10% discount code from O2 so €36!I'll be checking back on this thread when it arrives to get help rooting this little bad boy!

Send us on that code :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Was part of that O2 priority thingy so she said it can only be used once,sorry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

donnacha wrote: »
    Just use Blackwell Seaneh - they deliver to Ireland for £3.50 or free delivery to parcelmotel. http://bookshop.blackwell.co.uk/jsp/id/NOOK_Simple_Touch/9781400699032

How did you manage to get them to deliver to Ireland, the site expressly says UK customers only?

bmaxi wrote: »
    How did you manage to get them to deliver to Ireland, the site expressly says UK customers only?

It didn't initially, but you can order anyway, go through the process as normal, and if need be, enter UK postcode as BT11AA

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

ordered. been wanting an e-reader for an age and this one sounds nice and fiddly-able
    fiddlyable is now a word

hope to god I used the parcel motel stuff right
    I just put my code and parcel motel address in the address boxes.. guess I'll find out sometime next week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Tango One

Send us on that code :P
    36W3C just worked for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Had ordered from Nook using Visa Debit and bt11aa postcode and got the confirmation e-mail, now I've got the CC not approved e-mail. I'm a bit wary of ordering from Blackwell now in case I get two of them. Can't figure that non approval thing, I order from UK sites all the time, that was the whole idea of the Visa Debit card.

i got the same thing from the nook site although i used parcel motel

just went ahead and ordered on blackwell.. figured nook will try to charge my card, fail a few times and the order will be cancelled

hope so anyway.. really dont want/need two of these things and I'm supposed to be saving money

i made the mistake of not creating an account though, so I can't go in and cancel the order or edit anything.

--edit

emailed nook customer support anyway cancelling the order, just to be safe

As I said before, people from the UK are also getting card not approved emails form the Nook site so by all means try the Blackwell site.

ordered. been wanting an e-reader for an age and this one sounds nice and fiddly-able
    fiddlyable is now a word

I just put my code and parcel motel address in the address boxes.. guess I'll find out sometime next week

Once you used the Northern Ireland PM address you're laughing.

yeah, i'm 99% sure I did it right. just every time I try something new I start convincing myself I ****ed it up. shouldn't take too long to find out anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭donnacha

bmaxi wrote: »

I actually used PayPal and parcelmotel as it was cheaper. During the process though there was definitely an option to choose Ireland for delivery address as that's what I selected to find the postage costs. I ended up using Ireland as my invoicing address to avoid any junk mail hitting my parcelmotel address.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

Just FYI, it should be your name first, then parcel motel ID.

That said, I accidentally placed my first order without the name and still got the parcel anyway

i put my name in the first name/surname boxes and then the first column for the address I put "parcelmotelcode Parcel Motel" second address was the rest of the parcel motel address stuff

im sure the post men are familiar enough with parcel motel tat even if I ****ed it up it'll find its way to me

hope so anyway...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Tempted to get one just to play about with, even though I've already got a kindle... The sudden drastic price drop does seem quite suspect though - are they about to announce the next big thing at a lower price than this was selling last week?
    I told myself I wouldn't get another e-reader until they're luminous and waterproof... Fingers crossed that'll be soon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

Just ordered one @ littlewoodds, but judging from website response speed there are few thousand buyers like me all the time so I doubt I will really get it. Anyway - will be fun next few days, tracking how it is going...

• Advertisement

The price drop seems to coincide with a promotion called "Let's Get London Reading" - - Or something like that..
    Another store that will deliver it is Foyles.
    http://www.foyles.co.uk/nook#Calling-all-Tablet-Lovers

More about the offer is here
    http://uk.nook.com/event/get-reading

John Lewis still has it at £79.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

I got the error email when I didn't create an account. It came 2 mins after the order.

Ordered a second one after making an account and I've not had an error email... yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭chasm

toby2111 wrote: »

Did the same myself :D Hope the discount applies though, because it said in the small print that it couldn't be used on sales items. Although it's not bad even at €40. My sister has one reserved (for me) for pick up tomorrow in Currys in the UK, so that's 2 Christmas presents sorted :D (I know it's only May, but i've 9 nieces and nephews to buy for so i like to start early)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27 pokethebear

Allyall wrote: »
    Bálls.

I have been looking for a cheap one for a while now.
    Germany have hem all the time, but won't ship here, and the Kobo is the next cheapest, but not a great price for it's screen size.
    If they ship to UK then Parcel Motel it to Belfast and have it forwarded to here, a fantastic service.

Has any money been taken from anyones card yet?

I used Blackwells in the end, but nothing has been taken from my card.

nope, blackwells too
    im assuming it'll be done at some point today once everyone at blackwells has had a few coffees and worked through the backlog of orders

nope, blackwells too
    im assuming it'll be done at some point today once everyone at blackwells has had a few coffees and worked through the backlog of orders

Yeah, hope so. I started to think that they might not deliver them to us, as they have a statement on website saying for UK residents only.
    But just remembered i ordered it to Parcel Motel.. :D
    (Thought i had used my address and BT1 1AA).

yeah the fact it's for a "get london reading" might have them scratching chins wondering if parcel motel fits the spirit of things
    hopefully they get honored. pretty excited about having it

Also, i want to order one of the case covers and screen protectors, but i don't want to be left with a cover/protector and no Nook..

Something like this.

As i'm going to give it as a present.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

I ordered from Blackwells yesterday, and my order is still at "Credit Checking". I didn't use Parcel Motel though.

• Advertisement

case cover never occured to me, good call
    --edit

yeah mine is still at credit checking too
    i used paypal, wonder what that's about

mcgovern wrote: »
    I ordered from Blackwells yesterday, and my order is still at "Credit Checking". I didn't use Parcel Motel though.
    case cover never occured to me, good call
    --edit

yeah mine is still at credit checking too
    i used paypal, wonder what that's about

CRÁP! :eek:

I DIDN'T USE PARCEL MOTEL! Ahhhhhhh nuts. I ordered it directly to me.. they mightn't ship it.
    I was using Parcel Motel on the Nook website, but it wasn't working..

well i don't think the offer is ending today or tomorrow so if blackwells do cancel your orders just do a new one using parcel motel

I'll update anyway when I get word from blackwells on whether the order has gone through or not

well i don't think the offer is ending today or tomorrow so if blackwells do cancel your orders just do a new one using parcel motel

I'll update anyway when I get word from blackwells on whether the order has gone through or not

Cheers. That's a niggling annoyance now. Hope they don't sell out, and i don't really want to risk ordering a 2nd, and having 2.

I'm Getting stared at from across the room.. I best get off boards... :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Still no confirmation from littlewoods (ordered yesterday)

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭the_pod

I ordered this morning with the O2 code and got a confirmation email from littlewoods. I logged onto the site and my order is processed - can you logon and check your orders? Maybe and issue with the email address or a spam filter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭spongerobinson

i ordered direct from Nook and got an email within half an hour saying "Your order is scheduled to ship". Used Parcel Motel and visa debit card, so seems to have gone through for me.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

waiting on credit check with blackwell too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Mise freisin. It would be stupid for them not to block the order when we used Irish addresses and give us a postage cost and then cancel it in the end!
    Someone cooked up their programming I reckon :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭jj73

Ordered from Blackwell's last night using Paypal and Parcel Motel... status this morning was checking credit, it has now changed to Being Processed.

Fingers crossed...

mine still at credit checking, but your post gives me hope!

anyone know how long it takes parcel motel to move stuff around? if it lands in NI tomorrow say (which it probably wont) would I get it in carlow on friday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Did it let you use your billing address even though the country says UK?
    I just used the Parcelmotel address for both and a Visa Debit card. Address is rarely ever used as part of authentication for any card (or certainly wasn't when I last worked with Chip&PIN and web payment devices).

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭ALiasEX

Anyone who bought it for exactly £29: how much, in euro, was taken out of your account?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

bought one from blackwell with 10% cashback on fatcheese.

Used my home address for billing and PM for delivery.

€36.12. It will depend on which site you used, your method of payment, and which bank you're with.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

I posted this in the other thread but in case anyone needs it. Use 36W3C as a promo code to get 10% off with Littlewoods. I ordered mine this morning and got a confirmation email straight away.

I've ordered from Littlewoods before so all my details were there and everything - handy. Had no problems with delivery last time either. Hopefully it will be shipped soon so I know one is on the way! Says it is being processed in the warehouse at the moment and the latest delivery date is 13th May.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Ordered from Littlewoods last night and got a confirmation email almost straight away.
    Just checked the order tracking on their site and its due for delivery on May 10th, which is fine, as I'm in no hurry.
    Thanks op

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Tango One

I order from littlewoods last night got no confirmation. Its status on the site is Order Being Processed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,115 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    I posted this in the other thread but in case anyone needs it. Use 36W3C as a promo code to get 10% off with Littlewoods. I ordered mine this morning and got a confirmation email straight away.

I've ordered from Littlewoods before so all my details were there and everything - handy. Had no problems with delivery last time either. Hopefully it will be shipped soon so I know one is on the way! Says it is being processed in the warehouse at the moment and the latest delivery date is 13th May.

nice one, just bought from Littlewoods for €36
    thats some cheap reading...

I ordered from littlewoods, got order confirmation email and estimated delivery date of the 13th (it usually arrived a week before that at least). I have a credit account with littlewoods, logged in and checked status, "order being processed at warehouse" or whatever.

This means the order has been accepted and the package is being sorted for shipping, as far as I know.

I'd expect that to be changed to "order dispatched" at some stage today and then see "order sorted at hatfield" tomorrow and eventually "order sorted at fastways midlands hub" the fast ways hub being in Offaly, I'd then receive the package the day after that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement