Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nook Touch Simple eReader - €40 [Via Littlewoods]

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

mine still at credit checking, but your post gives me hope!

anyone know how long it takes parcel motel to move stuff around? if it lands in NI tomorrow say (which it probably wont) would I get it in carlow on friday?

They say next business day, so if it arrives in their depot tomorrow then there's a good chance you'd have it Friday. They're run by Nightline who would be sending deliveries all over the island anyway and they seem to be pretty quick and reliable.

The only problem might be if they have a giant pile of Nooks to work their way through :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

My order with nook.com has gone from "Recieved" to "In progress", I was a little worried that the card wouldn't process because I could only put in a UK billing address, but it looks good so far.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

mine i still at credit checking with blackwell :(
    no "problem with your order" email or anything.. bastards are making me paranoid now

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Loadedscream

Just got a dispatched email from littlewoods (ordered last night and got a confirmation email straight away). Happy days, €36 delivered seems a great price!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Mine just dispatched from littlewoods also!Now I gotta get a Micro SD with adapter to root it(think thats what it said on the net).If anyone know exactly how to root these,feel free to post here or PM me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 287 ✭✭coley

Littlewoods confirmation email just received, ordered after five yesterday. Delivery by 13/05. :)

-Coley.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Ordered after 11 last night. Despatched already. Impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭soirish

bought one from blackwell with 10% cashback on fatcheese.

Please stop promoting Fatcheese, the site never pays anything. See boards.ie thread.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

soirish wrote: »
    Please stop promoting Fatcheese, the site never pays anything. See boards.ie thread.

It's paid me every cent. 50e +

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭lowelife

Ok without me doing any research here....where can I download/buy nook books from?
    I've recently been using my tablet as a e-reader and the other half has been impressed as my bedside table is book free these days. She "hinted" she could be book free too if I brought her something similar.
    I'm not shelling out if I can help it but 40bucks (punned there :) ) I think I can stretch too if its the same as a kindle or alike for purchases

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,280 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Got it from nook.com and have just received the dispatched notice. Charge on my card came in at €34.55.

Anyone know the best place to get a cover for this? eBay keeps returning results for the nook 2, anyone know if they're compatible?

Nook was being pushed by Barnes and Noble so presumably you could purchase books on their website. I'm sure there'll be a "store" app on the nook itself too.

The "american cousins" are usually useful for finding mobi / epub files too.

Actually I will hold off till I get home....because if I purchase it now I will hear the confidence sapping comments again

"its not very big is it" :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

It's paid me every cent. 50e +

some cash outstanding for me but i've done ok with payments so far

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

lowelife wrote: »
    Actually I will hold off till I get home....because if I purchase it now I will hear the confidence sapping comments again

"its not very big is it" :(

same size as a kindle touch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Sleepy wrote: »
    Got it from nook.com and have just received the dispatched notice. Charge on my card came in at €34.55.

Anyone know the best place to get a cover for this? eBay keeps returning results for the nook 2, anyone know if they're compatible?

I think they're the same - I looked on eBay earlier and when you search for nook simple cover some of them say 2 and some don't and they look similar enough to me.

Littlewoods have the covers for 32EUR - eh, don't think I'll be paying that much for one!

A group buy on nook covers from china might be in order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

anyone who bought from blackwells using their irish address gotten anything else besides creit checking yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,475 ✭✭✭RedXIV

If it's the same size as a kindle you could get a decent cover in dealz or the €2 shop which have had these in before

• Advertisement

anyone who bought from blackwells using their irish address gotten anything else besides creit checking yet?

i use parcel motel addy in antrim and I'm still at credit checking, dont think it has anything to do with your irish addy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sarah88

Nothing yet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Mine dispatched from Littlewoods \o/

pmcmahon wrote: »
    same size as a kindle touch

Thats what I told her before.....

"its the same size as everyone else"

She must know different

Seaneh wrote: »
    Mine dispatched from Littlewoods \o/

What time?,mine is ready to go on a truck.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

being processed on blackwell. so it seems to have gone through.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Mine says 'Order being processed at warehouse'

Mine says 'Order being processed at warehouse'

Mine has "Order processed" since around 4:00.I did give them a call to see what was going on not getting a confirmation e-mail and things seem to have sped up since then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭1967

Ordered last night at 23.40,despatched at 14.51 from littlewoods used the 10% code posted here so got it for €36 happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭ALiasEX

@pmcmahon, have you got the confirmation email now? I ordered at 15:12 and still no email. Status: Order Being Processed.

• Advertisement

ALiasEX wrote: »
    @pmcmahon, have you got the confirmation email now? I ordered at 15:12 and still no email. Status: Order Being Processed.

Yep,almost immediately after the call.

1967 wrote: »
    Ordered last night at 23.40,despatched at 14.51 from littlewoods used the 10% code posted here so got it for €36 happy days

Ordered at about 3pm yesterday and mine is still being processed..no fair!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭chasm

Ordered just after 3am this morning from Littlewoods, and it was dispatched at 14.52 today :D And my discount was applied so i got it for €36 so i'm happy.
    Thanks OP ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 659 ✭✭✭ToadVine

I tried to order from the nook uk site, but it would only accept a uk billing address for my o2 money card. Any way around this?

Those of you who have ordered from nook what did you put as billing address?

I was trying to ship thro pm.

if i could cancel blackwells now i nearly would :(

ToadVine wrote: »
    I tried to order from the nook uk site, but it would only accept a uk billing address for my o2 money card. Any way around this?

I just used the Parcelmotel address as the billing address as it didn't cause any problems. Address is rarely an issue for card authentication.

Certainly no problem with my Visa Debit card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

if i could cancel blackwells now i nearly would :(

Me too. To top it off, i put in Irish address, so i mightn't even get it.
    If it becomes available anywhere else, I'm grabbing it. Then will cancel Blackwells.

Is it sold out everywhere? (Just back from hard day, so haven't read over the thread, but glanced other forums earlier.)

still available in littlewoods. mine says processed now in one place and credit checking in another?
    if you manage to cancel lemme know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Why would Blackwells need to be credit checking when you're paying with Paypal FFS?
    I don't think they have the stock.

bmaxi wrote: »
    Why would Blackwells need to be credit checking when you're paying with Paypal FFS?
    I don't think they have the stock.

I'd say they got a lot more customers than they expected. Probably not able to deal with it all.
    By far Blackwell seems to be the worst. I hope i get it. Not going to bother trying Littlewoods, i find them unreliable, I'd order get confirmed and then, an email saying "oops" after I cancelled the other one.

All Foyles seem to be processing without delay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Tango One

Littlewoods really is hit and miss people who order after me have their order shipped while I'm still waiting :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭donnacha

jaysus - only checking this now. another blackwells blackhole here - credit checking is the status. will phone them in the morning.

Tango One wrote: »
    Littlewoods really is hit and miss people who order after me have their order shipped while I'm still waiting :(

Here too. I ordered way before some people who've had theirs dispatched, mine still processing. I'll be pissed if I don't get one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭wait4me

ToadVine wrote: »

I put my CC billing address and BT11AA as the postcode. Sign up to the nook site first - it might work easier for you

wait4me wrote: »
    I put my CC billing address and BT11AA as the postcode. Sign up to the nook site first - it might work easier for you

I did that, and Parcel Motel as the shipping address. It kept saying error.
    So i gave up.
    I don't mind waiting for the Nook, the one thing that's annoying me most, is that Blackwell Books has a message on their site saying UK customers only, and i chose Ireland (From their drop down list) to ship to.

If they told me i wasn't getting it i'd be happy. I'm just worried that they're waiting to see what stock they have against their orders, and will then tell me I can't have one, and everyone else will be sold out... :pac::pac: I just read over that, very pessimistic.. :D

Agh, just say "processing order" for God's sake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭donnacha

Just ordered my back-up to the blackwells order via littlewoods.

I don't expect it but needed some sort of back-up plan ...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Just gonna buy it on littlewoods. €36 works out a few cence cheaper, and no hassle of getting card fee's for paying in pounds or messing about with parcel motel.

if there's no change with blackwells by noon tomorrow I'll email them to cancel and then order on littlewoods

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

I have been told Blackwell have more stock coming in on Friday, so the orders will just be a day or so late if they haven't been fulfilled with existing stock. Hence the long credit card pending thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭randombar

Ordered 3, and the micro SDs to root them :)

Advertisement