Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nook Touch Simple eReader - €40 [Via Littlewoods]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

wait4me wrote: »
    I mentioned way back in this thread that I had a problem with my CC being accepted by nook.co.uk so I created a new order. Now I get this in relation to the first (aborted) order....

"We are writing to you about your recent nook.co.uk order.
    Recently you may have received an email from us stating that we had some difficulty charging your credit card. We are pleased to tell you that the problem has been resolved. We hope that you will return to nook.co.uk to place your order again.
    We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused."

Might be useful to somebody who wants to retry the nook.co.uk route.

Still no change in status of my accepted order.

Edit: Sorry this crossed with Tar.A's post

I got his too. So, what they are saying is, they've cancelled the original order when they said initially it would be seven days before they would cancel it.
    I'm beginning to lose patience now, this is farcical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sarah88

Received an email today in response to an email that I had sent with regards to my order:

David Matkin (Blackwell's)
    02 May 13:24 (BST)
    Dear Sarah,
    Thank you for your email regarding your ticket ***** for your order******* - I apologise for the delay in responding but we are currently experiencing a high volume of calls and emails.
    With reference to the above order, before we can sell Nooks to overseas customers we have to check that you have a UK Bank or Credit Card Account which is registered to a UK billing address. Part of the Registration process that all Nook owners have to complete directly with Nook soon after purchase includes advising them of your bank or credit card details so they can charge you directly for any eBooks you download . One of their stipulations is that you must have a Bank or credit card registered in the country of purchase ie : If you buy from a UK shop or website you must have a UK Bank or Credit Card Account which is registered to a UK billing address, similarly if you buy from the USA you must have a US Bank or Credit Card Account registered to a US billing address. .
    If you do not have a UK account we cannot fulfil your order and I'm afraid that you will have to wait for Nooks to be sold locally in your country.
    Please advise as soon as possible.
    If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us on 01865-333536,
    Regards,
    Dave

Blackwell's
    Online Customer Services

Looks like those who order to an Irish address are out of luck

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

That's odd, I'm going to order it from somewhere else too in case. No way it is not getting here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

wheres the next best place to order Tar? stock wise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭cmbutterfly45

Does anyone know can you buy books directly for this from ireland without a uk/us address or do you need to root it in order to actually use it here? I'm not very technical and have read a lot of stuff saying you can't actually buy the books here!?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I'm unsure, littlewoods seem to be delivering but I find them unreliable. Nook.com/uk are delivering already I see, so not a bad bet. I saw on thios thread that foyles are said to be fast. I ordered a new one from flubit now myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Just got an email from Littlewoods saying my order had been dispatched and will be here in a few days. Hurray!

through which site did you order with flubit tar?

through which site did you order with flubit tar?

It doesn't really matter (it just has to be a uk site), any of them will do as they jsut look at the price and give you a better one in a day or so. I used nook.com.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

I ordered 2 from Littlewoods last night. No email recieved yet and it just says Order Processing on their website. It has an expected delivery date but I'm not hugely confident of ever receiving them.

Edit: Haha literally this second, I received the order confirmation from Littlewoods. Expected delivery has went back a week to May 20th but that is grand with me once I actually get them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Does the Nook site accept PayPal?

No

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

02/05/2013 14:41 Despatched

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Got this from Littlewoods-

Latest tracking information
    01/05/2013 03:32 Order being processed at warehouse
    01/05/2013 14:51 Despatched
    02/05/2013 02:21 Received at MIDDLETON DEPOT
    02/05/2013 13:03 At incorrect depot MIDDLETON DEPOT
    Comments
    02/05/2013 14:03
    We apologise, there will be a slight delay in the delivery of your parcel

They sent a previous posters Nook to BRISTOL depot.......seems like they haven't a clue what they're doing!!Will they arrive at all???!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

toby2111 wrote: »

Comments

They sent a previous posters Nook to BRISTOL depot.......seems like they haven't a clue what they're doing!!Will they arrive at all???!

hmmm that was me. Wonder are they realising that they shouldnt be shipped out of UK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

7GHRKj.jpg

EDIT: Just got 'Your order is on it's way' e-mail too!

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Loadedscream

Comments

I got the same as this, its a little strange alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

Comments

snap... got exactly the same status now.

I hate littlewoods so very very much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭iPhone.

Apparently this little guy is easily rooted too, which opens up the google play store and amazon app store, also adds things like gmail reader, basic web browsing etc..... nice option for anyone who fancies trying it.

Root your Nook

iPhone. wrote: »
    Apparently this little guy is easily rooted too, which opens up the google play store and amazon app store, also adds things like gmail reader, basic web browsing etc..... nice option for anyone who fancies trying it.

No audio.. but someone wanted to try it, you can activate quick refresh as well. Anything and everything really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,165 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

WRT to buying eBooks - AFAIK this thing supports the standard epub format so you can buy from Easons, Kobo etc you don't have to use the Nook store.

If you want to buy from Amazon, you'll need to root and install the Kindle app (or convert from Kindle format to epub on your PC).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Amalgam wrote: »
    No audio.. but someone wanted to try it, you can activate quick refresh as well. Anything and everything really.

Would that not wear out the e ink display super fast and cause it to fade or whatever? Or do they work the same as a normal LCD screen?

It would wear it out, but, as I said, someone wanted to try it..

Handy option to add a light for reading in the dark in bed etc.

Kandle

£12.95 Sterling from amazon but probably available cheaper.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Mine is in middleton as well.

It will just get sorted there and re-routed, it's happened to some stuff I've bought from them before.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭talking_walnut

sarah88 wrote: »
    Received an email today in response to an email that I had sent with regards to my order:

David Matkin (Blackwell's)
    02 May 13:24 (BST)
    Dear Sarah,
    Thank you for your email regarding your ticket ***** for your order******* - I apologise for the delay in responding but we are currently experiencing a high volume of calls and emails.
    With reference to the above order, before we can sell Nooks to overseas customers we have to check that you have a UK Bank or Credit Card Account which is registered to a UK billing address. Part of the Registration process that all Nook owners have to complete directly with Nook soon after purchase includes advising them of your bank or credit card details so they can charge you directly for any eBooks you download . One of their stipulations is that you must have a Bank or credit card registered in the country of purchase ie : If you buy from a UK shop or website you must have a UK Bank or Credit Card Account which is registered to a UK billing address, similarly if you buy from the USA you must have a US Bank or Credit Card Account registered to a US billing address. .
    If you do not have a UK account we cannot fulfil your order and I'm afraid that you will have to wait for Nooks to be sold locally in your country.
    Please advise as soon as possible.
    If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us on 01865-333536,
    Regards,
    Dave

Blackwell's
    Online Customer Services

Looks like those who order to an Irish address are out of luck

Did you pay with credit card or Paypal? I paid with Paypal and have the Parcel Motel address as both my delivery and billing address. Paypal are handling the money so billing address shouldn't matter to Blackwell.

Just checked my account there and status is still on "Being Processed" with ETD "02 May 2013". I'm assuming the delay is just due to the volume of orders they got.

Taken from HUKD today regarding Blackwells....

'Thank you for your email regarding your Nook order.

I can advise that this offer has been very popular and we are currently receiving hundreds of orders so processing has been slow.
    We will be despatching the Nooks in the order in which customers placed their orders though I can advise that we have received more orders than we currently have stock but more stock is due in by the end of the week and a further batch next week so all orders will be fulfilled by the end of next week.

At this point I regret we cannot state for definite when your order will be fulfilled but should be supplied by the end of next week at the latest.

Kind Regards,

Olie

Blackwell's
    Online Customer Services'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

iPhone. wrote: »
    Taken from HUKD today regarding Blackwells....

'Thank you for your email regarding your Nook order.

I can advise that this offer has been very popular and we are currently receiving hundreds of orders so processing has been slow.
    We will be despatching the Nooks in the order in which customers placed their orders though I can advise that we have received more orders than we currently have stock but more stock is due in by the end of the week and a further batch next week so all orders will be fulfilled by the end of next week.

At this point I regret we cannot state for definite when your order will be fulfilled but should be supplied by the end of next week at the latest.

Kind Regards,

Olie

Blackwell's
    Online Customer Services'

glad I cancelled and ordered from littlewoods:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Basq wrote: »
    7GHRKj.jpg

EDIT: Just got 'Your order is on it's way' e-mail too!

Who is that with? Uk.Nook site?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

just checked my delivery status

30/04/2013 17:42 Order being processed at warehouse
    02/05/2013 02:22 Received at MIDDLETON DEPOT

Date of Order: 30/04/2013Original
    Delivery Date: By 10/05/2013

why does it take a week to get to Cork when it's sitting in Cork. And why is it in the wrong depot ????

edit: should have mentioned that I live in Cork

• Advertisement

swingking wrote: »
    just checked my delivery status

30/04/2013 17:42 Order being processed at warehouse
    02/05/2013 02:22 Received at MIDDLETON DEPOT

Date of Order: 30/04/2013Original
    Delivery Date: By 10/05/2013

why does it take a week to get to Cork when it's sitting in Cork. And why is it in the wrong depot ????

edit: should have mentioned that I live in Cork

I think it's Middleton UK.

I dont think thats actually Midleton man!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sarah88

Did you pay with credit card or Paypal? I paid with Paypal and have the Parcel Motel address as both my delivery and billing address. Paypal are handling the money so billing address shouldn't matter to Blackwell.

Just checked my account there and status is still on "Being Processed" with ETD "02 May 2013". I'm assuming the delay is just due to the volume of orders they got.

I paid with paypal aswell, but used my own Irish address for delivery instead of parcel motel. I asked blackwell to cancel my order, and ordered from littlewoods instead. Hopefully they will fufill it!

I just orderd from Nook.uk

I haven't yet cancelled Blackwell, i'll see how it goes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Allyall wrote: »
    I think it's Middleton UK.

ah jaysis. Who knew :D :pac:

I just orderd from Nook.uk

I haven't yet cancelled Blackwell, i'll see how it goes.

what did you put as your billing address man? irish or parcel m?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Who is that with? Uk.Nook site?
    Littlewood's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,412 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

My littlewoods order seems to have finally got passed the processing stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

I ordered mine from littlewoods early Tuesday, but I'm still being 'processed'. Lots of people who ordered later than that have had theirs dispatched. Not happy with them at all.

• Advertisement

I'd nearly jog up to Asda at this stage. Can you get them in normal Asda shops, or just Asda direct?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭eamonnq

I'd nearly jog up to Asda at this stage. Can you get them in normal Asda shops, or just Asda direct?

I would think everywhere would be running out of them, tried booking one on Argos.co.uk for one of the NI stores but it was saying 'expected delivery to store 9th May'.

Be terrible to head up to get one in Asda to find them all gone.

Yeah, i wouldn't be keen on that either.

Argh, hope this comes through. two ordered, one from Blackwell (which i don't think i'll get) and one from nook.com.

Could give asda a call worst case. I got mine from flubit no bother, there must be loads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

Does anyone know can you buy books directly for this from ireland without a uk/us address or do you need to root it in order to actually use it here? I'm not very technical and have read a lot of stuff saying you can't actually buy the books here!?

Guys seem to be saying that you can purchase from easons etc. I can confirm that you cannot make purchases from Barnes and Noble in the US without a US addressed credit card.

There are plenty of sources for epub books around though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

This parcel contains
    34TQT, NOOK® Simple Touch eReader BLACK ONE SIZE, 1
    01/05/2013 - 03:31
    Order being processed at warehouse
    01/05/2013 - 14:51
    Despatched
    02/05/2013 - 01:58
    Received at BRISTOL DEPOT
    02/05/2013 - 02:29
    At incorrect depot BRISTOL DEPOT
    02/05/2013 - 16:13
    Despatched

Moving again it seems.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Littlewoods estimated delivery date: 15/5/2013

quite a long time for delivery it seems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭cmbutterfly45

pmcmahon wrote: »
    Littlewoods estimated delivery date: 15/5/2013

quite a long time for delivery it seems.

Littlewoods always give a far away delivery date there stuff usually comes about a week before it says it will

Tinie wrote: »

Jaysus.. If that's true... :eek:

No further stock anywhere in the UK! So, i ordered from Nook last night, I'm hoping they wouldn't have taken my order if there's none left...

That is terrible business practice by Blackwell's.. I would've never used them before, but I'd say that will do damage to them.

Did Foyles have any?
    At least Foyles stopped taking orders. Fair play to them. What i don't get is, they knew it was a Fire Sale, they must have known People would come..

EDIT:

NOOK Site now says out of stock. I got in to order before that.. I hope it gets honoured.

AAAHHHH BAALLLLLLSSS
    Dear Stupid Customer,

We have canceled your order 6788734983 as noted below.

If you feel this has been done in error, please email us at Authorisations@nook.co.uk.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Please be assured that you have not been charged for this order.

Sincerely,
    Sales Audit Department
    -- NOOK Team

To check the status of your order online at any time, click http://nook.co.uk/account. Please note: Changes to your order may take up to 60 minutes to appear on your Order Status page, particularly during peak shopping periods.

Why would i want to check the status of my order?

I'm going to last-gasp try Littlewoods.

• Advertisement
Advertisement