Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nook Touch Simple eReader - €40 [Via Littlewoods]

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

You could but if you dont you can easily sell it for 40E to a boardsie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭MuffinsDa

You could but if you dont you can easily sell it for 40E to a boardsie.

Yeah that's what I thought too, thanks!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I ordered on littlewoods a few hours ago and it's already dispatched!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Mine just shipped from littlewoods, ordered it Wednesday evening.

Now to dig out my microSD reader...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

first dibs on a 40e nook from a boardsie!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 trevordurity

Allyall wrote: »
    I can't order on Littlewoods. Keeps giving me some error. Now won't let me delete/edit my address. :mad:

Had a similar problem. Must have gone through it a dozen times before it accepted my order :confused: Hopefully will have a hd+ coming soon though :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭coffee to go

Ordered mine from Littlewoods at 11pm on Wednesday night. It's just gone from 'Order Processing' to 'Processed', with the tracking blurb now reading 'Order being processed at warehouse'. Not dispatched yet though. Not Parcel Motel'd, ordered it direct to home address.

I was told on the phone by Customer Service that 'credit checking' for first time customers is what causes the delay on the 'Order Processing' bit. So people who have ordered from Littlewoods before may be getting a speedier turnaround...

Joziburg wrote: »
    for real!?? well done but :(

mine still says being processed in warehouse after 2 days
    yeah feels bad but good, people waiting a week and mines shipped after 2 hours. maybe because I had an account and ordered from them before :confused:
    first dibs on a 40e nook from a boardsie!

I'll think of you when my few arrive!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Looks like more are shipping. expected to arrive in UK on 8th. So maybe there'll be a 2nd wave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭cmbutterfly45

yeah feels bad but good, people waiting a week and mines shipped after 2 hours. maybe because I had an account and ordered from them before :confused:

I'll think of you when my few arrive!

No way!! I've an account with them for ages and mine is still in warehouse :(

• Advertisement

WTF is going on here.. I just tried to order from Asda Direct, for 9th May and it said problem with card...

I checked my card (O2 money card)

It explains why i couldn't order from Littlewoods as well.. :mad:

I had in or around €72 left on my card.

6fcpis_th.jpg

After i already received this email from Nook today
    Dear Mister Universe,

We have canceled your order 873487349 as noted below.

If you feel this has been done in error, please email us at Authorisations@nook.co.uk.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Please be assured that you have not been charged for this order.

Sincerely,
    Sales Audit Department
    -- NOOK Team

To check the status of your order online at any time, click http://nook.co.uk/account. Please note: Changes to your order may take up to 60 minutes to appear on your Order Status page, particularly during peak shopping periods.

But they took the money out. And it's preventing me from ordering anywhere else!!

Now, that's annoying... All morning, trying in vain...
    I could never have succeeded..

I was never a contender...

I lost..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,470 ✭✭✭RedXIV

We have a despatch email! Game on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭iPhone.

WTF is going on here.. I just tried to order from Asda Direct, for 9th May and it said problem with card...

6fcpis_th.jpg

But they took the money out. And it's preventing me from ordering anywhere else!!

I lost..
    Just ordered from ASDA Direct for the next batch they say will ship on 9th May, managed to get it though ok, have to wait and see now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭chasm

6fcpis_th.jpg

I lost..

Do you have a debit card? Littlewoods accept payment via debit card, if they still have any in stock that is.

chasm wrote: »
    Do you have a debit card? Littlewoods accept payment via debit card, if they still have any in stock that is.

Nook.UK took the money out.. I only have €35.40 left on the card.

So i can't order from anywhere until i get the money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭jj73

Blackwells just changed my status from Being Processed to Cancelled. :(

Just ordered one from Littlewoods, hope this one would push through.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Gameon_zps974262db.png

On the road!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭pissed

Just received from Blackwells

Thank you for your order.
    We regret that due to unprecedented demand we are now out of stock for this offer and have had to cancel your order.
    We can confirm that we have closed your order for the specified item(s) and you have not been charged any money.
    Item id: 9781400699032
    Item name: NOOK Simple Touch
    We secured a limited amount of stock at this offer price, but unfortunately that stock has now been depleted. However, by way of an apology we would like to offer you an additional £5 off the purchase of a NOOK Simple Touch GlowLight - for £64 - this is an offer not available to anyone else. Simply add the product to your basket, and use code NOOK5 at the checkout to receive your discount. Please note, this is strictly first come, first served, and once our stocks are depleted we will not be able to take further orders using this discount.
    In addition, we would like to offer you a 20% discount code to use to against a future purchase of books. Just use code MAY20 at the checkout. Please note that this code cannot be used in conjunction with the offer above and must be used within 30 days.
    Blackwell Customer Services can be contacted between the hours of 08:00 and 18:00 (UK time) Monday to Friday, on +44 (0)1865 333536.
    You can also contact us at the following e-mail address: blackwell.online@blackwell.co.uk
    With best wishes
    Blackwell Customer Services
    Please note that due to the value of the product, Nook GlowLights and Tablets must be shipped via priority service and are not eligible for free postage. NOOK Simple Touch GlowLight offer is strictly while stocks last. It is not possible to combine either of these offers with the use of cashback websites.

Ha ha.. God.. I don't even think the Nook is worth all this bull.. I might just buy this one from amazon
    Dear Not getting a Nook
    We are sorry to inform you that we have had to cancel the following order line.
    Item id: 9783494309032
    Item name: NOOK Simple Touch
    Reason: Unable to supply to overseas customers

We can confirm that we have closed your order for the specified item(s) and you have not been charged any money.
    We apologise for the inconvenience

Blackwell Customer Services can be contacted between the hours of 08:00 and 18:00 (UK time) Monday to Friday, on [URL="tel:%2B44%20%280%291865%20333536"]+44 (0)1865 333536[/URL].
    You can also contact us at the following e-mail address: blackwell.online@blackwell.co.uk
    With best wishes
    Blackwell Customer Services

Its fairly common for companies to put a pre-authorisation on your CC (temporary hold of the funds) and then take the funds when they ship the item. In the event the order is cancelled, it can take several days to remove the pre-authorisation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 Kinbe

Ordered from Blackwells yesterday at 7:00 pm for shipment to parcelmotel . Order marked 'processing' estimated ship date today......strangely hopeful !

Kinbe wrote: »
    Ordered from Blackwells yesterday at 7:00 pm for shipment to parcelmotel . Order marked 'processing' estimated ship date today......strangely hopeful !

Dont hold your breath ... I had that status today also shipping to PM but had my order cancelled. BTW I ordered on the 1st.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

It this available for Irish customers anywhere else besides littlewoods? I've given up hope on them ever dispatching mine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 118 ✭✭Butterball

pmcmahon wrote: »
    Gameon_zps974262db.png

On the road!
    Mine is on the same road!! Dispatched at 16.12 also!!!!:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

Butterball wrote: »
    Mine is on the same road!! Dispatched at 16.12 also!!!!:eek:

Me too!

blackwells cancelled mine because i didnt use parcel motel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

blackwells cancelled mine because i didnt use parcel motel

Mine is still at Credit Checking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sarah88

I ordered a Nook from Nook directly, was told that they were checking my card for a few days, then recieved an email telling me that they had fixed the problem with the system and I that I should go back and replace my order- which I did not do. I have now just received the following email.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your purchase. We want to provide an update on your order. You should expect to receive your NOOK® Simple Touch within the next 4-5 business days. We will email you parcel tracking information when your NOOK has shipped.

Thank you,

The NOOK Support Team

damn them! Have also ordered one from littlewoods which is stuck at warehouse stage. What a mess! Anyone else received the same from Nook?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

sarah88 wrote: »
    I ordered a Nook from Nook directly, was told that they were checking my card for a few days, then recieved an email telling me that they had fixed the problem with the system and I that I should go back and replace my order- which I did not do. I have now just received the following email.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your purchase. We want to provide an update on your order. You should expect to receive your NOOK® Simple Touch within the next 4-5 business days. We will email you parcel tracking information when your NOOK has shipped.

Thank you,

The NOOK Support Team

damn them! Have also ordered one from littlewoods which is stuck at warehouse stage. What a mess! Anyone else received the same from Nook?

Yep, I got the same even though I had sent them an e-mail two days ago, cancelling it.
    I have ordered one from ASDA so I'll just let them both sit and if I get two I'll put one up here for cost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sarah88

bmaxi wrote: »
    Yep, I got the same even though I had sent them an e-mail two days ago, cancelling it.
    I have ordered one from ASDA so I'll just let them both sit and if I get two I'll put one up here for cost.

Have you received any tracking details from Nook yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭sok2005

From Littlewoods:

02/05/2013 04:24 Order being processed at warehouse
    03/05/2013 14:46 Despatched

Yahoo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭cmbutterfly45

sok2005 wrote: »
    From Littlewoods:

02/05/2013 04:24 Order being processed at warehouse
    03/05/2013 14:46 Despatched

Yahoo!

I ordered not long after you hopefully ill b in same boat soon

sarah88 wrote: »
    Have you received any tracking details from Nook yet?

No, they'll only do that when it has shipped and I'm not confident that will ever happen.

Ordered from Littlewoods Tuesday, still not dispatched. I must have done something to upset them :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Anyone know, do Littlewoods dispatch from the warehouse at the weekend?

• Advertisement

Ah finally got my offer from Flubit.... £25.84 delivered to parcel motel ... which I accepted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Wally Runs

I ordered one from Nook, got cancelled by Nook over the credit card issue. Then ordered I from Littlewoods, only to find when I double checked my order on-line, that it had not been completed, so I ordered again. I then find that both orders to littlewoods have gone through. Hmm two Nooks, I think! Well at that price I can find a use for them. In the meantime Nook email me to say that they have completed my order, I have three Nooks!

Two I can use, three is going a bit too far, so I ring littlewoods to cancel one. They cancel it, but imply I may get it anyway and I just have to refuse it at the door?

So back to two Nooks, one from Nook and one from Littlewoods you would think. This morning an email from Nook to say that I have indeed not bought a Nook from them! It was all just a terrible mistake! So now one Nook!

The shocking thing is, I always wanted an e-reader, but I could not justify it, as to me it seemed a 'nice to have' rather than a 'must have'. So when the offer came along, one thinks 'yeah, why not give it a punt' however, now that they say you cannot have one, I really must have it!

Makes no sense to me, am I falling prey to some marketing persons scheme or just suffering an unexpected outcome from incompetence! Maybe I should get on to my TD, what is the Government going to do about this! Ah well, an education all the same.

Wally - One Nook (maybe!)

bmaxi wrote: »
    No, they'll only do that when it has shipped and I'm not confident that will ever happen.

Got a further e-mail from Nook last night apologising for telling me my order was due to ship and that it is now out of stock.
    Is that place run by bankers? Nobody else could make so many cock ups and expect to survive.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭pelemcg

When my initial order with Nook wasn't processed I rang the credit card company. They said Nook had applied for payment using the wrong card authorisation date. I re-ordered, double checking the date. They did it again. I too got the e-mail saying the order wasn't being fulfilled...then one yesterday saying it was....then one last night saying it wasn't...now this morning the Nook Newletter...oh dear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Wally Runs

Can anybody comment of the book purchasing service? Is this a taste of things to come?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭iPhone.

This crowd have them in stock, never used them myself so can't comment on that side of things, they appear to be similar to Littlewoods, ie online catalogue purchases with option to buy or spread payments etc..

Might be useful for someone who wants to give it a try. They charge for delivery so it costs something like 32.95 Sterling, plus I would imagine you would have to use parcel motel also.

website

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

iPhone. wrote: »
    This crowd have them in stock, never used them myself so can't comment on that side of things, they appear to be similar to Littlewoods, ie online catalogue purchases with option to buy or spread payments etc..

Might be useful for someone who wants to give it a try. They charge for delivery so it costs something like 32.95 Sterling, plus I would imagine you would have to use parcel motel also.

website

Very is run by the same company as Littlewoods, so best off to order from the Irish site with the 10% off discount. There is no messing about with parcel motel or Belfast postcodes then.

Ordered two from littlewoods, and both are dispatched. Only used the voucher code on one of them though:(

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭tracert

Ordered from Nook directly and they charged my card straight away,

after the following string of emails: "order accepted", "please contact us" "order confirmed, to be dispatched soon" "nook out of stock", I emailed customer service on Thursday to ask what the story was, as my card has been charged and got this professional reply today:
    Dear tracert,

Thank you for contacting NOOK International about your NOOK order. I can completely understand if that also happened to me I will also feel the same way, where it's kind a really confusing.I have checked your account, this is regarding to your NOOK order. Fo further information please contact Sales Audit Group: See details below:

...Sales Audit Group details...

Sincerely,
    John Victor
    Customer Service Representative

All I asked was if he could give me the status of the order, I didn't complain at all so if it's a copy and paste email from them it's a very bizarre one. I have extra money in my account today but no access to online banking so I can only imagine it's a refund.

tracert wrote: »
    Ordered from Nook directly and they charged my card straight away,

after the following string of emails: "order accepted", "please contact us" "order confirmed, to be dispatched soon" "nook out of stock", I emailed customer service on Thursday to ask what the story was, as my card has been charged and got this professional reply today:

Same happened to me (They took the money out.). I know it's normal when accpeting an order, but they never even accepted mine, and left me short so that i couldn't buy it elsewhere. I emailed them, but got no reply. Not yet anyway.. Money still gone from my account. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

Me @ Littlewoods:

• Date of Order: 01/05/2013
    • Original
      Delivery Date: By 10/05/2013

• Parcel: 1 of 1
    • Latest
      Delivery Date: By 21/05/2013
    But as I already said, I wont be surprised if they will cancel it due out of stock at some stage.

zom wrote: »
    Me @ Littlewoods:

• Date of Order: 01/05/2013
    • Original
      Delivery Date: By 10/05/2013

• Parcel: 1 of 1
    • Latest
      Delivery Date: By 21/05/2013
    But as I already said, I wont be surprised if they will cancel it due out of stock at some stage.

Ordered on the 30th and still processing. It's infuriating when they've dispatched loads of them to people who ordered as late as Thursday. I'm going to see if I can get it on Flubit because I've given up on littlewoods.

Just accepted my Flubit offer and cancelled littlewoods. I guess it might turn out that flubit don't actually have stock of this either, but fingers crossed.

Just accepted my Flubit offer and cancelled littlewoods. I guess it might turn out that flubit don't actually have stock of this either, but fingers crossed.

Did you use Littlewoods for flubit? I got no offer from them for Nook.com or Blackwell books..

Did you use Littlewoods for flubit? I got no offer from them for Nook.com or Blackwell books..

I used johnlewis.

http://www.johnlewis.com/nook-simple-touch-ereader/p231759496

I created the request yesterday evening, even though it was out of stock at johnlewis by then. My flubit offer was £28.10.

Flubit accepted my Blackwell link and gave me an offer of £25.84.
    What you would have paid at blackwell.co.uk :
    £29.00+ £0.00 = £29.00
    The best offer our team created for you:
    £25.84+ £0.00 = £25.84
    11%
    We're saving you £3.16

Currently showing
    Status Update:
    04-05-2013 00:26 Payment Received Your order is now being prepared for dispatch
    04-05-2013 00:25 Payment Pending Currently processing payment
    04-05-2013 00:24 Order Started Order Created

• Advertisement
Advertisement