Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nook Touch Simple eReader - €40 [Via Littlewoods]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭donnacha

Got the following offer from flubit:

What you would have paid at nook.com :
    £29.00+ £0.00 = £29.00
    The best offer our team created for you:
    £26.36+ £0.00 = £26.36

Looks like my blackwells order is still credit checking, my littelwoods order is in middleton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Flubit also accepted my blackwell link the other day, got an offer for £25.23. First time using Parcel Motel, I hope I did it right!
    My blackwell order is still at credit checking, so I'm not expecting to get that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Just accepted my Flubit offer and cancelled littlewoods. I guess it might turn out that flubit don't actually have stock of this either, but fingers crossed.

Littlewoods are some shower of donkeys. Ordered Tues 30th, still 'processing' yesterday. Accepted my flubit offer and sent an email to littlewoods requesting a cancellation last night. They replied and told me I couldn't cancel because the item was already on the way to me. Checked my littlewoods account and the order shows up as 'cancelled'. Who knows what's going on with them.:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Littlewoods are some shower of donkeys. Ordered Tues 30th, still 'processing' yesterday. Accepted my flubit offer and sent an email to littlewoods requesting a cancellation last night. They replied and told me I couldn't cancel because the item was already on the way to me. Checked my littlewoods account and the order shows up as 'cancelled'. Who knows what's going on with them.:confused:

Someone had the same problem about a page back. Thought they were getting three Nooks, now will be lucky to get one.

EDIT - Here it is - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=84459032&postcount=343

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Looking to get two of these from Littlewoods (though it looks like people here are having issues), trying to get a discount code to work but they're all either invalid or restricted to "credit accounts" only. Anyone have one that'll work if I just pay directly through my credit card?

Alternatively if Littlewoods are really unreliable who would I be better getting it from?

Looking to get two of these from Littlewoods (though it looks like people here are having issues), trying to get a discount code to work but they're all either invalid or restricted to "credit accounts" only. Anyone have one that'll work if I just pay directly through my credit card?

Alternatively if Littlewoods are really unreliable who would I be better getting it from?

Hard to know at this stage. I have a flubit order but I'm just hoping it's fulfilled rather than expecting it to be. Are they still in stock anywhere? Littlewoods show them as 'in stock' but I doubt they actually are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭paultf

Hard to know at this stage. I have a flubit order but I'm just hoping it's fulfilled rather than expecting it to be. Are they still in stock anywhere? Littlewoods show them as 'in stock' but I doubt they actually are.

I placed an order with Littlewoods late Friday. Being processed. Delivery due 25/5. Rang them up and was told everything was in order. Hard to know.

They are still available with johnlewis and currys in the UK. I am waiting for offers for both through flubit.

I don't want to commit to another one in case I get caught out.

I am half hoping once the bank holiday w/e is over I might get a dispatched email from Littlewoods.

paultf wrote: »
    I placed an order with Littlewoods late Friday. Being processed. Delivery due 25/5. Rang them up and was told everything was in order. Hard to know.

They are still available with johnlewisand currys in the UK. I am waiting for offers for both through flubit.

I don't want to commit to another one in case I get caught out.

I am half hoping once the bank holiday w/e is over I might get a dispatched email from Littlewoods.

Been sold out of John Lewis since Friday. Currys you have to collect it.. :(

Allyall wrote: »
    Been sold out of John Lewis since Friday. Currys you have to collect it.. :(

Didn't see that.

Maybe if you look for a quote from flubit they could get one from their supplier?

• Advertisement

Didn't see that.

Maybe if you look for a quote from flubit they could get one from their supplier?

I've tried. I'm waiting on two more quotes now. I have 2 "Demand Rejected" and currently one "Demand Created" and one "Demand"? - Hopefully i'll get something out of it.

So is the general feeling that Littlewoods Ireland won't fulfill these orders?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭cmbutterfly45

I sent them 3 emails Friday asking this question but they only responded with generic email sayin if you don't receive this by your specified delivery date contact us again! ..... That's not what I asked?? Mine has been processing in warehouse for a few days now but others who ordered after me have had theirs dispatched ..... So to answer your question ????????????

I don't know. Order anyway. I think they are shipping them.

I sent them 3 emails Friday asking this question but they only responded with generic email sayin if you don't receive this by your specified delivery date contact us again! ..... That's not what I asked?? Mine has been processing in warehouse for a few days now but others who ordered after me have had theirs dispatched ..... So to answer your question ????????????

They did the same to me, not impressed with them at all. I emailed to cancel earlier and they told me it was too late to cancel because it had already been sent, at the same time my status changed from 'processing' (since Tuesday!!) to 'cancelled'. I don't think they know their ar$e from their elbow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭iPhone.

I had an order with Littlewoods too, cancelled it today as when I ordered the website said 'in stock' but my order when paid for showed an expected delivery date of 22nd of May!!

I got a reply saying they tried to cancel my order but it may still arrive and just to refuse delivery!! Got straight back on to them and tore them a new one - their response was totally vague, I mean what does 'we tried to cancel your order mean'?? Jesus!, either you did or you didnt?:rolleyes:

Anyway, upshot according to their latest response is confirmed as cancelled, confirmed as not charged!! I hope they actually managed this, lost all faith in them.

On a happier note (hopefully;) ) I sent an asda demand to Flubit and they offered me £25.09 incl delivery. Accepted that straight away, works out about 30 Euro delivered, can't argue with that, crossing my pinkys now :D

• Advertisement

iPhone. wrote: »

On a happier note (hopefully;) ) I sent an asda demand to Flubit and they offered me £25.09 incl delivery. Accepted that straight away, works out about 30 Euro delivered, can't argue with that, crossing my pinkys now :D

Jaysis.. I must be Flubit-ing wrong..

I got Request rejected for Asda too.. Because they don't deliver to Ireland.. (Unavailable for home delivery) Even with Parcel Motel link on their website.

I got rejected from Nook because they had none in stock and couldn't compare it. Which i suppose is fair enough..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

The one I ordered from nook uk is taking the slow boat from utrecht to parcel motel.

How about trying a request with very.co.uk allyall
    http://www.very.co.uk/nook-simple-touch-ereader---black/1216529085.prd

paddyp wrote: »
    The one I ordered from nook uk is taking the slow boat from utrecht to parcel motel.

How about trying a request with very.co.uk allyall
    http://www.very.co.uk/nook-simple-touch-ereader---black/1216529085.prd

Same as Littlewoods.. I think i'll wait and see if Flubit come back with any offers. As i still have to wait for Nook to put the cash back onto my card.

Did they take cash off anyone else, and cancel the order?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭padyjoe

What you think should I cancel my littlewoods order? Showing 22nd as a delivery date, that's more than 2 weeks! Never fancied them before, my 1st order, and I won't for sure!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭cmbutterfly45

padyjoe wrote: »
    What you think should I cancel my littlewoods order? Showing 22nd as a delivery date, that's more than 2 weeks! Never fancied them before, my 1st order, and I won't for sure!!

It's up to u , u might not even get it from them but I get stuff from them a bit and they usually deliver about a week before their delivery date I think they jus try to cover themselves with long delivery times

• Advertisement

padyjoe wrote: »

You might be lucky. There are some people here who had a delivery date of the 15th but have already had theirs dispatched. On the other hand my delivery date was the 10th but it still wasn't dispatched yesterday, so I cancelled it. The order in which they're sending them out seems to be completely random. Nice if you win the raffle, very annoying if you don't :mad:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Dear Tar

As you requested, your order #590121096 has been canceled.

We look forward to your next visit to http://nook.co.uk.

What. no I didnt -_-

At last!! Just got confirmation email, it's on the way!! thought for a while there I was totally (S)Nook(ered) :D:D

Sorry about the cheesy pun.... feeling like a child at Christmas for some strange reason!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭Belle Morte

iPhone. wrote: »
    At last!! Just got confirmation email, it's on the way!! thought for a while there I was totally (S)Nook(ered) :D:D

Sorry about the cheesy pun.... feeling like a child at Christmas for some strange reason!!

Where did you order from? I'm still trying to get my hands on one! :)

Littlewoods despatched mine on Friday.

:eek:
    Where did you order from? I'm still trying to get my hands on one! :)

Asda Direct - they currently have them back in stock apparently. I phoned them up for free on skype and they confirmed on the phone they actually had stock and pushed my order through for me. Got the despatched email five minutes after the call, delighted. :D:D ......... and it's not even for me :confused:

EDIT - JUST SAW ON THEIR WEBSITE THE STOCK HAS SOLD OUT ALREADY!

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭the_pod

Order status on Littlewoods:

Latest tracking information
    01/05/2013 09:50 Order being processed at warehouse
    02/05/2013 14:41 Despatched
    03/05/2013 15:29 Despatched

:confused::eek:

Seems legit...

03/05/2013 11:24 Order being processed at warehouse
    03/05/2013 14:46 Despatched
    04/05/2013 04:13 Received at MIDDLETON DEPOT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

the_pod wrote: »
    Order status on Littlewoods:

01/05/2013 09:50 Order being processed at warehouse

:confused::eek:

Same here. No updates since the 3rd :(.
    Also same dispatch dates and times as yours. Something is not right.
    I'm not holding my breath on getting one :(

gF6iYBsl.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭MuffinsDa

mine from Nook is still in transit, they are sloooow, and it's gone on a tour of Benelux ax UK before it gets to Northern Ireland:

Tamworth, United Kingdom 05/07/2013 3:26 A.M. Departure Scan
    Tamworth, United Kingdom 05/06/2013 7:46 A.M. Arrival Scan
    Barking, United Kingdom 05/04/2013 3:43 P.M. Departure Scan
    05/04/2013 11:27 A.M. Arrival Scan
    Brussels, Belgium 05/04/2013 4:55 A.M. Departure Scan
    05/04/2013 1:48 A.M. Arrival Scan
    Utrecht, Netherlands 05/03/2013 11:45 P.M. Departure Scan
    05/03/2013 8:22 P.M. Origin Scan
    Netherlands 05/03/2013 7:40 A.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Email from Blackwells this morning, cancelled!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

I got the same weird tracking infor from Littlewoods. Says dispatched two days in a row and no update since the 3rd. Looks a bit worrying alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭wait4me

MuffinsDa: Mine has caught up with yours and is sharing a ride over - imagine the stories they will get to tell:D

Tamworth, UK 05/07/2013 3:26 A.M. Departure Scan
    Tamworth, UK 05/06/2013 7:49 A.M. Arrival Scan
    Barking, UK 05/04/2013 3:43 P.M. Departure Scan
    05/04/2013 11:27 A.M. Arrival Scan
    Brussels, Belgium 05/04/2013 4:55 A.M. Departure Scan
    05/04/2013 1:48 A.M. Arrival Scan
    Utrecht, NL 05/03/2013 11:45 P.M. Departure Scan
    05/03/2013 7:12 P.M. Origin Scan
    Netherlands 05/03/2013 5:09 A.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

The UPS site promises delivery by May 10 - but that's just to PM (NI). So it will be early next week before it gets to my PM address in Dublin

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Mine went to Hatfield and has been resting there over the weekend,I just hope it doesn't go on a tour of Europe from there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭MuffinsDa

wait4me wrote: »
    The UPS site promises delivery by May 10 - but that's just to PM (NI). So it will be early next week before it gets to my PM address in Dublin

How on earth could it take them 4 days to deliver from Tamworth to Newtownabbey?! Is UPS using walking porters these days?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

My status is down as 'Sorted at WEDNESBURY'..

And was despatched 4 times! :D
    01/05/2013 10:40 Order being processed at warehouse
    03/05/2013 15:28 Despatched
    03/05/2013 15:44 Despatched
    03/05/2013 22:08 Sorted at WEDNESBURY
    :confused:

Littlewoods doing their bit for the environment!! NOT!

They must have Stevie Wonder working in the sorting office! :D:D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Mine says despatched on the 03/05 but there's no tick on the van picture, and it's still grayed out I'd u know what I mean...
    Only one despatch notice so I'm not sure if it's gone or not....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

My blackwell order was cancelled this morning. Flubit order is still processing for 2 days, no updates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭after_shock3000

01/05/2013 13:36 Order being processed at warehouse
    03/05/2013 16:12 Despatched
    04/05/2013 02:07 Received at MIDDLETON DEPOT
    mik_da_man wrote: »
    Mine says despatched on the 03/05 but there's no tick on the van picture, and it's still grayed out I'd u know what I mean...
    Only one despatch notice so I'm not sure if it's gone or not....

Mine has done the same thing. There was a green tick next to the image of the van on Friday but the tick has disappeared since.

If I accept an offer from Flubit for a Nook are they guaranteed to deliver?

Or are they likely to turn around in a few days and say that they can't source it?

If I accept an offer from Flubit for a Nook are they guaranteed to deliver?

Or are they likely to turn around in a few days and say that they can't source it?

They won't guarantee it at all, it's totally down to the supplier, they get you a good price that's about it.

I had one ordered through flubit too but am trying to cancel as they put my demand through AsdaDirect but it showed no update either for the last few days.
    I saw online yesterday luckily enough that AsdaDirect got stock back in so I phoned them directly myself and managed to get one there and then yesterday, shipped five minutes after my call!! Flubit still not updated or contacted me about my request to cancel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭spongerobinson

MuffinsDa wrote: »
    How on earth could it take them 4 days to deliver from Tamworth to Newtownabbey?! Is UPS using walking porters these days?

mine has been sitting in Newtownabbey with UPS since friday morning, and expected delivery is tomorrow. How on earth does it take 5 days to get from Newtownabbey to Newtownabbey?! :confused:

Anyone had their flubit offer dispatched yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭after_shock3000

Finally an update on my tracking, not sure whether to start worrying.
    The little green tick is back next to the van now though.

01/05/2013 13:36 Order being processed at warehouse
    03/05/2013 16:12 Despatched
    04/05/2013 02:07 Received at MIDDLETON DEPOT
    07/05/2013 13:41 At incorrect depot MIDDLETON DEPOT

Comments
    07/05/2013 14:41
    We apologise, there will be a slight delay in the delivery of your parcel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

30/04/2013 16:52 Order being processed at warehouse
    01/05/2013 14:51 Despatched
    02/05/2013 02:25 Received at MIDDLETON DEPOT
    02/05/2013 13:03 At incorrect depot MIDDLETON DEPOT
    03/05/2013 10:14 Despatched
    03/05/2013 22:58 Sorted at WEDNESBURY
    07/05/2013 13:39 At incorrect depot MIDDLETON DEPOT

I hate littlewoods so very very much

I really do :(

I hate littlewoods so very very much

I really do :(

As do I. Shower of donkeys.

I'm getting a weird error in the Flubit - Paypal Pop out. It's telling me there's an error "Error: Unknown Credit Card 98237324",
    I logged into my paypal, and the correct card is attached to my account. Also, when i try to add that card from inside the pop out, it tells me that card is already attached to my account..
    My card is an O2 Debit card, which i presume is causing the problem?

Anyone else have this problem?

Also Nook UK have still not refunded my money for the order they cancelled.. 5 days ago..

The amount of cráp i am doing to try and get this thing..

I got an offer from flubit this morning, well 2 actually. One for my "Very" (littlewoods) demand, and one for John Lewis. John Lewis came in €3 cheaper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,115 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I'm seeing the "incorrect depot" message as well - WTF is going on at Littlewoods, or are they just stringing us along while they wait for stock?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

New comment on my order

"Route HAT2049 Small sorter"

whatever that means.

• Advertisement
Advertisement