Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Smell you hate most

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

The smell of burnt hair is pretty awful, but I think the one I hate the most (partly because it's quite common, I guess) is...I think it's wood shavings giving off the smell? I smell it when I walk by construction sites and I used to smell it around the woodwork room when I was in secondary school. I don't even know why I hate it, but I really do.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Ms. Pingui

Rotted carrots... absolutly vile!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

Cucumbers bleurgh!

Is it true that if you like cucumbers, you can barely smell them? But if you don't like them they smell really strongly?

I HATE the taste of cucumbers almost as much as I hate the smell of them. If someones eating some near me, that all I can smell. And if there's one in my fridge, the smell of it seems to take over the whole thing.

Rotten:(

I'd thank this a million times if I could. The most VILE smell in the world is cucumber, it's stomach churning.

The smell of rubbish bins is gross too :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

smell of anyone's poo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Red cabbage
    Stagnit water from dishwasher
    Cat piss inside

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

Dtp79 wrote: »
    Fag breath from somebody who has come in from smoking outside

The result of a weekend on the guinness topped off with a garlicky chinese or two

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

I was seeing a girl a few years ago who reeked in certain areas...I broke up with her...How can you say that to someone? em sorry but you stink:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,716 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

A fella I used to work with must have had something wrong with his sweat glands or something but anytime he came over to say something it was like there was something dead in his armpits.

I grew up on a farm so I would have a fairly strong stomach but this guy was unreal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

lolli wrote: »
    My boyfriends feet.

Excessively smelly feet are a symptom of diabetes btw

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 78 ✭✭Albert E. Arkwright

The interior of a manky car

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 78 ✭✭Albert E. Arkwright

Also Bullshyte. There's a lot of that around these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Karona

Perfume.... I am allergic to it and the smell gives me such a bad headache.

I also hate the smell of the air freshner spray you can get for th bathroom that hangs off the side of the cistern. I think that smells worse than the sh*t thats in the toilet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭steph1

The smell of Red Bull yuck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

steph1 wrote: »
    The smell of Red Bull yuck!

Love that smell :o drink at least 4 cans a day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Opium perfume! Yuck
    Kidneys frying. Vile
    Lavender!
    Old people smell - the smell of impending death

Just remembered, the smell from the gents toilets in old man pubs because of those intoxicating blue things they put in the urinals.
    Pig farm, the smell made me physically want to vomit.
    Cats piss!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Halitosis is hands down the worst smell. Loads of people have it but you can't exactly tell them. It smells like they brush their teeth with shyte.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Professor Knowall

garlic and bin juice

• Registered Users Posts: 12 me julie

Cats pee. Worst ever

kowloon wrote: »
    Having been belching sulphur dioxide type muck for about 3 weeks, making me feel ill.
    Gastroenteritis? Yeah those burps are fcuking disgusting. You have to burp and then blow it away before inhaling again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Missyelliot2

Boiling milk...YUK!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

me julie wrote: »
    Cats pee. Worst ever

What's even worse is that cats actually can consciously decide whether to do a smelly one or a normal one!

They can switch on the scent if needed to mark something, otherwise there's no strange smell at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Formic acid. Don't know why, just hate it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,954 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Beans that have gone off are absolutely rotten and the smell goes every where. Ugh, even thinking about it has my gag reflex on overload.

Cabbage is rotten too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Pappa Charlie

Decaying human flesh is pretty stomach churning!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Walking into the bathroom and getting a lungful of airfreshener mixed with poo smell.
    Don't try and cover up your log with the nauseating stench of chemical flowers..open the fcuking window!

Mustard.
    Lidl WineGums...open the bag and inhale. I did and my legs nearly went from under me.

Bellybuttons. Some sick fcuk of a friend of mine shoved his finger under my nose before I had the chance to run away, and he said proudly "that's my bellybutton."
    Sorry but my bellybutton doesn't smell like anus.

Menstrual blood.

Jimeoin once said "Funny how, if you hold your wrist out to someone and say 'Smell that', they will. But if you hold out two fingers, they won't. So next time, rub your smelly two fingers on your wrist and then say "Smell that". "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭daithi1970

pus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

somebody elses burp

Cabbagey farts.
    I think they're more offensive than eggy ones.

Garlic breath.

Liver frying in a pan.

Ham boiling.

The smell of your skin after you've taken a plaster off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

Zombie farts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

A fart when you're having a shower. Fcuking reeks!

• Advertisement

fussyonion wrote: »
    Cabbagey farts.
    I think they're more offensive than eggy ones.

Garlic breath.

Liver frying in a pan.

Ham boiling.

The smell of your skin after you've taken a plaster off.
    Liver and onions frying is one of the best smells known to man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Kinder Bueno

Mustard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭anamara86

Gone off meat - yuk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,706 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Went fishing one time using a bait of minced shrimp. Came home, put the fishing gear away, and went out for the night with a friend. I had planned to stay away for one night, but ended up not getting home for 2 days.

Got home wanting nothing more than a good sleep, only to find that I hadnt put away the bait properly. The cat had ripped open the bait and dragged it round the place. The cat had also eaten some, and had then vomited it back up.

I have a very strong stomach, but the smell of that, and having to clean it up, was just sickening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭armchair fusilier

Bitumen, or tar, I hate the smell of the stuff when its being laid down. Yuck.

Bitumen, or tar, I hate the smell of the stuff when its being laid down. Yuck.

Oh I absolutely ADORE the smell of tar.
    It's in my top 3 favourite smells..............along with chlorine and petrol :)

EDIT: I am not pregnant.

Puke, because of the effect it has on me. Cigarette smoke would be a close second.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

ammonia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭armchair fusilier

fussyonion wrote: »
    Oh I absolutely ADORE the smell of tar.
    It's in my top 3 favourite smells..............along with chlorine and petrol :)

EDIT: I am not pregnant.

Top 3! Bloody hell!

Top 3! Bloody hell!

Yes I am quite strange.

On holiday, I used to run into the indoor pool, pretending to be looking for someone, but really I was just getting a lungful of chlorine.
    Bloody gorgeous smell.
    And petrol...oh delicious.

But I digress, this thread's about nasty aromas.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 79 ✭✭mister bishi

smell of piss on bus seats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Rasheed wrote: »
    Leg ulcers.

I've smelt a lot of shiit, vomit, infected phlem, cysts bursting etc at work but nothing compares to the smell when you take 3 day old bandages off leg ulcers.

l use to work in a medical practice once, and this man had a very bad leg ulcer. l never saw it but the nurses waiting room was upstairs, could smell him from downstairs :/ other patients even had to leave the room when he came in. Use only come in 1 to every 2 weeks to get it changed, you can imagine the smell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

Aglomerado wrote: »
    A fart when you're having a shower. Fcuking reeks!

Magnificent acoustics though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Ruudi_Mentari

My stepdad brought over some of his dead ould wan's stuff and the smell is permeating the fcukin washing and everything, not quite lenor fresh.... my mam is denying there is one at all, despite the fact it knocks you back

Hard to describe...The scent is deep, pungent pissy aroma of an OAP long since passed. Truly revolting

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 79 ✭✭mister bishi

My stepdad brought over some of his dead ould wan's stuff and the smell is permeating the fcukin washing and everything, not quite lenor fresh.... my mam is denying there is one at all, despite the fact it knocks you back

Hard to describe...The scent is deep, pungent pissy aroma of an OAP long since passed. Truly revolting
    she mus of be one durty auld one? shtankin yer hole gaff out of it ay?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 fishfarmer

hardCopy wrote: »
    Fish

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Ruudi_Mentari

she mus of be one durty auld one? shtankin yer hole gaff out of it ay?

Smell of death. But even at 87 she could probably write better than ye, aye... schkanky smell altogether I am gettin.

But It's in all my vests as they were left to dry in there.... and are smellier than a Japanese perverts collection of pre-worn and packaged preteen panties. granted you don't like that, they do indeed reek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

There are five gallon drums under the bins at work. They are for customers to pour out their unfinished drinks as they are binning their rubbish. All the cokes, fantas,milks, juices, milkshakes end up in there and stagnate and stew for days.
    The smell from them when you empty them is otherworldy.
    Like someone shat in a can of cider and then poured a bottle of vinegar into it.
    anyone in fast food knows the smell.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 225 ✭✭QBE

Death. cant get worse than that smell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

Dead granny fanny , that would be the worst ,
    Currently it's an open bag of manhattan popcorn

Advertisement