Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Co-op Games to play with the GF?

• 30-04-2013 12:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭

Hey all,
    Was wondering if any of you had some recommendations about co-op games to play with the gf.
    She isn't a gamer.
    She is into Star Trek so we played star trek online a bit together. (Its a bit **** but I persisted.)
    She has an old Snes and we play mario kart together.
    I have an NES and we played double dragon 3, probotector(PAL contra), smash tv.
    Was thinking about portal 2 and Left for dead 2 and maybe magika.

I'm looking for games that emphasise team work.

Any others?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

WoW, you be a tank, and she can be your pocket healer!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Rayman Origins I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

World of Tanks..... lulz...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

left4dead/2
    mass effect 3 multiplayer
    terraria
    diablo 3

as far as teamwork goes Left4Dead and ME3MP are probably the best ones imo, terraria and diablo to a lesser extent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

Dungeon Defender, Castle Crashers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭dango

Trine 1/2.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Sycopat

It's a hard one.

I have similar experiences with my own gf, who is a bit of a gamer but doesn't like competitive games (or ultra-violence. Or blatantly sexist stuff.) and it is very hard to find multiplayer games that emphasise team work without including something that'll piss her off.

Portal 2 is a good one.
    If she doesn't mind FPS' there's always the likes of GOW.

The MMO that's gone down best so far is Guild Wars 2. WoW went down okay but we played pre-Cata and the old world grind was a bit too grindy. She nearly preferred playing that one alone tbh.

If either of ye have a modern console, that sega megapack (which you should be able to pick up pretty cheap these days) has streets of rage in it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I was coming to post Dungeon Defenders and Castle Crashers too, great games, quite challenging but very accessible to players of all skill levels.

Minecraft could be an option too.

Portal 2 had my girlfriend and I getting cross at one another, so beware the test chambers! :)

Torchlight or Torchlight 2 are also very enjoyable games that have a LAN option.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,560 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Lara Croft and the Gaurdian of Light.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Denise90

I play portal 2 and minecraft with my boyfriend as well as fps but as mentioned be careful of portal, it can cause many a... Debate. The survival maps for minecraft can be really fun and there's a goal which makes it more co-op orientated :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

I would suggest Orcs Must Die 2; available on STEAM. Fun, with a little challenge as you progress further and further. The concept is also very easy to grasp.

My brother and his girlfriend play it all the time and I find her secretly playing it by herself sometimes too! :D

Falthyron wrote: »
    I would suggest Orcs Must Die 2; available on STEAM. Fun, with a little challenge as you progress further and further. The concept is also very easy to grasp.

My brother and his girlfriend play it all the time and I find her secretly playing it by herself sometimes too! :D

That is a brilliant game, comical too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I had a ton of fun doing a coop on Magicka. It's a little arcadey though, which might not suit her. Quite funny however. Minecraft is an obvious candidate, and while survival mode is fun, it does end up having an bit of a MMO-like grind to dig rocks and gather materials. That said, the whole castle building aspect loses a lot of its charm if you don't feel like you've earned it. I've always liked the idea of Portal 2 coop though I've never done it.

Also, play Dawn of War: Soulstorm :D
    With nine different teams and a plethora of maps, set everything to random and you extract endless life from that game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

A lot of good suggestions but dont see any ARPG`s mentioned.
    I would add Torchlight 2 and Path of Exile to the list and maybe Diablo3.

Dcully wrote: »
    A lot of good suggestions but dont see any ARPG`s mentioned.
    I would add Torchlight 2 and Path of Exile to the list and maybe Diablo3.

I mentioned Diablo3 and Shimanay mentioned TL :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,389 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

I play Torchlight 2 and Terraria myself with herself. She's not a gamer either, but they got her hooked alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭SgtBob

Dead space 3. Nothing like head stomping some monsters to bring a couple closer together. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

I entered the thread to suggest Trine 1 and 2 and Portal 2. Maybe one of the new super mario sidescrolling platform multiplayer games?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Magicka. Although your allies are generally more likely to kill you than the enemies. "Healing fireballs for everyone!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Sarky wrote: »
    "Healing fireballs for everyone!"

He's not joking, by the way. You can literally have fiery explosions that heal people but also set them on fire.

• Advertisement
Advertisement