Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delta baggage question

Options
  • 30-04-2013 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭

I am flying SNN-JFK-MCO on 21st May. From looking at Delta's website I see they appear to charge for internal flight baggage. Last May I flew a one way internal flight with them and understandably paid $25 or so but would this charge be due seeing as my bags would be checked through from Shannon?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭.danindudlin

McSween wrote: »
    I am flying SNN-JFK-MCO on 21st May. From looking at Delta's website I see they appear to charge for internal flight baggage. Last May I flew a one way internal flight with them and understandably paid $25 or so but would this charge be due seeing as my bags would be checked through from Shannon?

You'll get one free bag all the way through. It would be different if you breaking up the journey but as the bag goes all the way through, you don't pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭McSween

many thanks. good to know

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

You only have to pay the checked bag fee if your ticketed journey begins and ends in the US. If you are arriving on an international flight, and then taking a domestic flight immediately afterwards, your international baggage allowance will apply. Same thing should apply on the way back, as long as you are traveling on the same day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

if your internal flight is within 24 hours of your international flight , you are exempt from baggage charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

You are only exempt from baggage charges on internal flights, if all of your flights are on the same booking/ticket. Last year, I flew from Miami to Atlanta to Boston to Dublin, all on Delta, all on the same day. The Miami/Atlanta/Boston flights were booked separately, so they were on a different ticket than my Boston to Dublin flight. I had to pay the checked bag fee for my flights from Miami to Boston, as the ticketed journey that I was traveling on began and ended in the US.

• Advertisement
Advertisement