If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Network Player

Options
  • 30-04-2013 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi Lads,

Can you quote me a boardie price & confirm availability & delivery lead time for the following two options:

Option 1:
    1 X Denon DNP720AE (Silver Colour)
    2 X Denon PMA720AE (Silver Colour)

Option 2:
    1 X Marantz NA7004 (Silver Colour)
    1 X Marantz PM6004 (Silver Colour)

Delivery to ROI.  Any other suggestions welcome!

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

chez_shea wrote: »
    Hi Lads,

Can you quote me a boardie price & confirm availability & delivery lead time for the following two options:

Option 1:
    1 X Denon DNP720AE (Silver Colour)
    2 X Denon PMA720AE (Silver Colour)

Option 2:
    1 X Marantz NA7004 (Silver Colour)
    1 X Marantz PM6004 (Silver Colour)

Delivery to ROI.  Any other suggestions welcome!
    Hi Chez_shea.

Thanks for getting in touch.

The hard part might be getting these products in the silver finish.
    I'll drop a call to our supplier to see if they are available.

I also think the NA7004 might be finiahed but I'll check this to.

As soon as I get an answer I'll post straight back.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 chez_shea

Thanks Kenny!

I'm open to any other suggestions you may have.  Looking for a network player with FM tuner and also amps to drive four separate adjoining zones in the house (Zone 1: 2XMonitor Audio Radius Speakers; Zone 2: 4X ditto speakers; Zone 3: 2X ditto speakers; Zone 4: 2X as yet un-purchased outdoor speakers).

As all zones are open to each other I won't be playing different audio in any two ant the same time.  Will therefore be splitting the inputs to the amp(s) from Network Player and set of turntables.  Let me know if you need to know anything else.

Thanks Kenny!

I'm open to any other suggestions you may have.  Looking for a network player with FM tuner and also amps to drive four separate adjoining zones in the house (Zone 1: 2XMonitor Audio Radius Speakers; Zone 2: 4X ditto speakers; Zone 3: 2X ditto speakers; Zone 4: 2X as yet un-purchased outdoor speakers).

As all zones are open to each other I won't be playing different audio in any two ant the same time.  Will therefore be splitting the inputs to the amp(s) from Network Player and set of turntables.  Let me know if you need to know anything else.

Hi Chez,

I may be able to get the DNP720 still but only in the black finish.

We had a Teac amp that would have been perfect for what you're after.  It was a multi zone amp so gave you four zones which could each run a pair of speakers.  The amp its self had an AM and FM tuner built in.  Haven't had these in for a bit so would need to chase and find out if we can still get our hands on them or not.  

Have you thought about Sonos at all?  It's a great multiroom system.  Might do a bit more than what you're after but it's so easy to get set up and you've got an endless amount of music at your fingertips.  Check the link below for more info on Sonos:

http://www.richersounds.com/information/sonosPage

Let me know what you think.

Chris

Thanks Chris - thought Sonos would be expensive if I needed a CONNECT:AMP Player for each zone...Might work though if I had a one multi zone amp (such as Teac you mention above) with one un-amped sonos player...

Would go with the Denon stuff if it is all available in black, can you get the amps?

Let me know the costing for the Denon Option and also a multi-zone amp with sonos.

Thanks again.

Hi Chez,

Thanks for getting back to me.  

For Denon amps we stock both the PMA520 and 720.  At the moment the 520 is out of stock so would need to check and see if we're getting them back.  If so then they would be perfect for your zones running just 2 speakers, for the zone running 4 speakers you would then need the 720.  

So cost for the DNP720 and amps would be £784.80.

For speakers we still have the Monitor Audio Radius 90HDs priced at £279.95 a pair.  For the outdoor speakers I'd suggest the Monitor Audio Climate 50 outdoor speakers currently priced at £199.95 per pair.  These are fantastic sounding outdoor speakers and come in both black and white finish.  Check the link below for more info:

http://www.monitoraudio.co.uk/products/climate/cl50/

For the Teac option we had the Teac AG980 priced at £249.95, still need to find out what's going on here with stock.  The Sonos Connect is currently sitting at £259.95.

Hope this info helps.  Let me know what you think.

Chris

• Advertisement

Thanks Chris - will get back to you!

Sorry Chris - final question: if I went with the TEAC, can I run 4X Speakers in parallel on one of the zones?

Sorry Chris - final question: if I went with the TEAC, can I run 4X Speakers in parallel on one of the zones?
    Hi Chez.

Unfortunately the Teac would not like it if you ran 4 speakers off one Zone as it is a two Zone amp with each Zone running two sets of speakers.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.