Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liverwort

• 30-04-2013 1:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭

I have a tremendous crop of these little scourges in the cracks in between the bricks in a cobblelock patio. How do I kill them in a way that will keep them away for a while and not discolour or affect the cobblelock bricks? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,834 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

pour boiling water on them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Juniorhurler

Must try it. Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Very invasive, a gas fuelled blow torch works a treat.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

I have a tremendous crop of these little scourges in the cracks in between the bricks in a cobblelock patio. How do I kill them in a way that will keep them away for a while and not discolour or affect the cobblelock bricks? Thanks in advance.

Theres an old home made remedy for this...that involves acetic acid (aka vinegar),table salt and washing up liquid.

Mix all 3 together and then apply to the area with a spray/mister bottle.

Of you can use a small 1 inch paint brush to prush into onto the Liverwort

Then watch the liverwort go brown and die.

But for god sake, if you are spraying it,please cover over any plants or shrubs that may be in the immediate area....as you dont want to kill them when spraying this solution.

Spay it carefully and very low to the liverwort too.

Regards.

Advertisement