Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mali anyone?

• 30-04-2013 2:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭

Apparently the UN are putting together a 12,000 strong force to go into Mali when the French operation has finished. Half of these will be West African soldiers.

Is there a possibility the PDF could go?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 232 ✭✭John Mongo

There's nothing official at the moment, except for Minister Shatter's speech where he said the Government would give "strong consideration" to sending troops if a UN force was created.

However, the rumour mill is in overdrive at the moment. I'd imagine there will be a DF contribution to the Mali mission on top of the current training team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I didn't realise that there are rumours doing the rounds. I guess it is difficult for serving members to comment if that is the case.

Advertisement