Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New lawn - (totally lost)

• 30-04-2013 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi all,

Hoping for a little guidance, i have no gardening experience and all i know about grass is that it is green.

I built a new house and moved in last month, the groundwork was competed i.e. gravel driveway, all soon-to-be lawn was leveled and percolation area set up.

The soil is good (well it was good enough for a percolation area), it is a very gravelly type of soil, no large stones but is a stoney soil. The clay is good.

I was hesitant to lay lawn seed last month for fear of frost, but what i am looking at now is a bit of growth and no forst - the soil is competely turned i.e im looking at no green and totally gravelly clay, im seeing the odd weed and bit of grass coming through now

With the way it is now should i rotavate, rake and simply law lawn seed or what would you advise.

Any advise, tips, trick and obs greatly appreciated.

Joe

Advertisement