Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Places to Play on Tour

Options
  • 30-04-2013 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hello forum folks!

I play in a traditional music/Medieval music group that will be touring through Ireland in August/September and we need to find more places to play. We're not looking to break the bank, just have folks enjoy our music, maybe score a place to crash, and make enough to get to the next show. We have one festival gig down south, but that's all that's confirmed at this point.

Does anyone have any suggestions, no matter how small or silly they may seem, for venues, promoters, pubs, or anyone we can contact to set up some more shows? We're much more than happy to play with other musicians/groups, opening or whatever. Anything will be great!

I don't know if I can post links to our music here, so I'll wait until I've asked a moderator, but the name of the band is PerKelt. We're a trio of recorders/whistles, guitar/lute, and percussion with vocals. We currently live in London, but two of us are from the Czech Republic and I'm from Hawai`i. We've been playing Celtic/Medieval music for years now and this will be our first time performing in Ireland. We're super excited about it! We just need to make sure we have a roof over our heads and can get home afterwards...

Thank you and I look forward to hearing your suggestions!
    Will
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Try Burkes or Cobblestone Joes in Limerick, Or Dolans might be able to help. Or contact the sixmilebridge folk club near Limerick...
    Kennys in Lahinch is another one...

• Registered Users Posts: 3 kingseesar

Thanks I'll check those places out tonight! Cheers! We hope to play in Killarney and Cashel, so Limerick would be a logical next stop...

Awesome! Any where else?

Thanks again!
    Will

• Registered Users Posts: 9,122 ✭✭✭squonk

Try the Crane in Galway, or Monroes or even the Roisin Dubh. Not sure if Kellys is still open but that'd be worth a shot. De Barras in Clonakility is another spot that'd be a good starting point. There's Mc. Hughs in Drogheda and also the Spirit Store in Louth. In Dublin I'd definitely try the Seamus Ennis Center in The Naul.... and I'm spent :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 kingseesar

Awesome! Thanks Squonk!

I've already tried a few of those places, but I'll certainly be trying the rest of them, too! Thank you so much!

Keep 'em coming, folks! Thanks again!
    Will

Advertisement