Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wicklow Rideout

• 30-04-2013 3:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭

Going to be going on a run this Saturday in Wicklow if anyone is out and about. I have a route in mind that is not involving either Gap ( at the moment, we could hit either depending on progress and what people are up for.)

So, meeting point is the Topaz in Kilmacanogue ( on Southbound Side of N11 ) for 11ish, heading from there.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

RosieJoe wrote: »
    Going to be going on a run this Saturday in Wicklow if anyone is out and about. I have a route in mind that is not involving either Gap ( at the moment, we could hit either depending on progress and what people are up for.)

So, meeting point is the Topaz in Kilmacanogue ( on Southbound Side of N11 ) for 11ish, heading from there.

Theres a big charity bike rideout from Joe Duffy BMW this Saturday at 10 am in aid of some big charity.

They had race bikes and BMW touring bikes on display in Pavillions Shopping Centre in Swords at the weekend,and were collecting money too.I gave them a few quid and spent a good 15 minutes chatting to one of the lads who is taking part.

They expect to have several hundread bikes turning up.

Joe Duffy BMW in Finglas will be packed with all types of bikes and there will be free tea and sandwiches during the day

http://blog.biker.ie/2013/01/the-seventh-annual-around-ireland.html

http://www.realroadracingblog.com/2013/01/the-down-syndrome-ireland-motorcycle.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

:confused:.........Talk about highjacking a thread.......I'll try get there Rosie....:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

paddy147 wrote: »
    Theres a big charity bike rideout from Joe Duffy BMW this Saturday at 10 am in aid of some big charity.

They had race bikes and BMW touring bikes on display in Pavillions Shopping Centre in Swords at the weekend,and were collecting money too.I gave them a few quid and spent a good 15 minutes chatting to one of the lads who is taking part.

That was Aidan Lynam and the Rev-up4DSI lads, they do a huge amount for Down Syndrome Ireland.. Aidan is one of the friendliest & down to earth bikers you'll ever meet, he's a tester and photo journalist at Road Racing Ireland and Bike Buyers Guide Magazines.

OP unfortunately I'm tied up on Saturdays but if you want to do it some Sunday I'd love to hook up with a few of the lads from here for a quickie over the Dublin/Wicklow mountains.

:confused:.........Talk about highjacking a thread.......I'll try get there Rosie....:P

Nice spin from the Topaz up to Joe Duffys.

Stop off there for free tea and sambos.Have a look at the various motorbikes that will be there.Drop a few quid in the collection buckets to support a good cause/charity

Then off on another spin for a lap or 2 around Dublin Airport and the back roads up through Ashbourne and then accross countryside into the back of Tallaght and then back onto the M50/N11.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Nodster

all things going well, I'll be at the Tandragee road races on saturday, but it's being ages [from Nth Dubland] since I've been for a good spin around the 'garden county' - good luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

paddy147 wrote: »
    Nice spin from the Topaz up to Joe Duffys.

Stop off there for free tea and sambos.Have a look at the various motorbikes that will be there.Drop a few quid in the collection buckets to support a good cause/charity

Then off on another spin for a lap or 2 around Dublin Airport and the back roads up through Ashbourne and then accross countryside into the back of Tallaght and then back onto the M50/N11.

Fair point......dont think i'd (be allowed) have the time to be out all day "playing" .....;)

Fair point......dont think i'd (be allowed) have the time to be out all day "playing" .....;)

Sure just say that the time "flew by" or your mobile phone went dead and you didnt know what time it was.....:pac::pac::D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭szatan84

Would gladly join u in kilmac if u don't mind a 125 tagging along.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Bike size is not going to be an issue, so you're more than welcome

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Rosie I might be on for that, have not been out for a wicklow spin in ages. Is 11 solid?
    Cheers
    Colly

• Advertisement

Anytime between 11 and 11:30 really. I can't make it earlier as kids have stuff on in the morning.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Later the better for me, 12 would be perfect :)

Anyone else coming?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,615 ✭✭✭prunudo

I've never been on a ride-out, seeing as this is local, I might tag along if that's alright?

Zascar wrote: »
    Later the better for me, 12 would be perfect :)

Anyone else coming?

Will you be able to make it for 11 so? If not, I'll PM you the route and you could catch up with us.

jvan wrote: »
    I've never been on a ride-out, seeing as this is local, I might tag along if that's alright?

Course it is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

Heading down home this weekend.

Have a good one guys!

RosieJoe wrote: »
    Will you be able to make it for 11 so? If not, I'll PM you the route and you could catch up with us.

Course it is

Cheers, hope to make it on Saturday so

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Pipz

Wouldn't mind heading out on this. Saturdays are way better for me than Sundays, so I'll see ye there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 873 ✭✭✭spiggotpaddy

Keep an eye out for big brother this weekend.

http://www.garda.ie/Controller.aspx?Page=11093&Lang=1

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Hornswoggle

I'll join yous at Topaz the morning too if that's OK Rosiejoe, looks like it's going to be a nice day for spin :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭RobertM

Jaysis.. What's with you people and mornings ? :pac:

That's a nice little group you gathered RosieJoe.. Haven't attended any meets before so not sure what to expect, but if I can get out of bed early, I think I'll tag along.

• Advertisement

Ah its not that big a deal I'll be there at 11 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 blastamasta

Really bad timing for me. Long weekend and my bike have oil leakage. I would really like to ride with you guys. Last year I did 6000 km myself and it was good fun but I really would like to ride with someone this year. Maybe next time. Have a great time and let the weather be with you :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Cant make this myself. Working tomorrow so im just hoping a few lads are out on sunday when i can get out.

See you all in the morning, hopefully it'll be a bit brighter!

I should be there just before 11 at the Topaz in Kilmac, I'll be on a Black Bandit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Meant to be a good day tomorrow lads, stay safe and loads of pics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87 ✭✭carefull now!

Can't make it this Saturday but if yous are making it a weekly thing stick up a post and ill make the next one.
    Is any1 going the vjmc show on Sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭rat_race

Looks like you're getting some crowd! Think I'll pop along myself...

Nice day, looks like it's going to be a good one

jvan wrote: »
    Nice day, looks like it's going to be a good one

Bright and sunny. Should be good for the day

• Advertisement

Brilliant spin! Great to meet you all. I'm aching a bit now, that's the first proper rideout I have been on in ages. Deffo have to get a few more organised in the coming weeks!

Advertisement