Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wicklow Rideout

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Lads we're aiming for 11am at kilmac topaz, but can push to 12 if needed. Let me know :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

Topaz is the one on the south bound side yeah?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,616 ✭✭✭prunudo

aaakev wrote: »
    Topaz is the one on the south bound side yeah?
    Yep that's the one, just before the fly-over.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Time changed to 12 hope thats ok!

Wont make it out that far now lads, the other half is working and my sister is taking the kids but can't take em for long enough :( gonna just hit the gap from blessington myself! Enjoy the spin lads and ill catch yas on another one!

• Advertisement

Nice spin today, short enough as the roads got fierce greasy with the rain but was good to get out all the same.

iIKP5.jpg

Sorry you missed it Kev. Was good to get out but the weather was not great, started to rain after we hit Laragh - dried up again by Rathnew. We had fun anway and it was good to meet you both again.

First proper spin on the new yoke for me and it was great - i love it - although I was taking it pretty easy bar a few blasts. Really cannot wait for a proper sunny weekend!

Wkvsk.jpg

The lads have a few more pix.

Oh and we saw this stunning 141 reg in Laragh - drool

R5cq0.jpg

Only made it as far ad andys bikes & bits in the curragh in the end! Nice dry roads round kildare tho.... hopefully make it out with yas next time lads amd hopefully be able to keep up on me sv!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Zascar wrote: »
    Sorry you missed it Kev. Was good to get out but the weather was not great, started to rain after we hit Laragh - dried up again by Rathnew. We had fun anway and it was good to meet you both again.

First proper spin on the new yoke for me and it was great - i love it - although I was taking it pretty easy bar a few blasts. Really cannot wait for a proper sunny weekend!

Wkvsk.jpg

The lads have a few more pix.

Oh and we saw this stunning 141 reg in Laragh - drool

R5cq0.jpg

Links broken Zascar.....:(

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭dunner515

Had a great spin with the lads today, hopefully when the weather picks up we might be able to get a few more riders out image.jpeg

• Advertisement

Nice pics lads fair play getting out and about, the KTM is savage. Was sitting on one for ages at the Birmingham bike show, but not worth anywhere near 17k ffs!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭Zebbedee

I caught a glimpse of you lads yesterday as I went past topaz in kilmac. I was on the bike goin up over the flyover and back down the other side goin towards Dublin on the noisy v-twin. I hope to make it with yis next time.

Zebbedee wrote: »
    I caught a glimpse of you lads yesterday as I went past topaz in kilmac. I was on the bike goin up over the flyover and back down the other side goin towards Dublin on the noisy v-twin. I hope to make it with yis next time.

Saw you riding by, there was some rumble from your bike. We were wondering what it was.
    Keep an eye on here for the next meet-up.

Lads is anyone on for a spin tomorrow? I can't do sunday but really want to get out tomorrow if poss. Weather looks ok, cold enough but no rain at least

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

I found a screw in my rear tyre this morning so I'll need to sort that out tomorrow, sorry.

Might join this convoy....and when finished I might head over and get the bike steam cleaned. I will let you lot know tonight.....I will be coming from Meath so a bit of a trek over to Wicklow to start the spin. What time are you lot thinking?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

Damn, would have really liked to go out on this but promised the mrs. I'd take the kids Saturday. Have fun and be safe people!

Nice one Wonda. Well it's just you and me so far unless anyone else wants to join? Or I can head your direction as I rarely go for spins over there. Is anyone else about?

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

Have a blast lads! Between the sun shining in the window here at work and reading stories about you lot heading out on some nice twistys I am itching to run out and buy something!! Another test drive booked tomorrow so hopefully I will be out soon.

I would join yas on a push bike at this rate :mad:

What time yas thinking of going out lads? I probabky wont make it again this week becsuse we are heading down to cork tomorrow for the night but hopefully herself doesn't want to leave too early!! Haha wishful thinking. ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Smithy101

What's the story lads, me and my mate will be getting back out spinning from next week and wouldn't mind joining in for a few spins if we could. We're both on CBR's but good definitely learn a few things from following u boys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Just be careful if you are going over the Gap, someone put a thread up on biker warning that there was ice and snowy patches up at the top of the mountain.

Don't think I can make it this week, hopefully next time. Have a good one.

Smithy101 wrote: »
    What's the story lads, me and my mate will be getting back out spinning from next week and wouldn't mind joining in for a few spins if we could. We're both on CBR's but good definitely learn a few things from following u boys.

Looking forward to getting a good few spins organised over the next while, looking forward to having you along. Can't promise you'll learn too much though! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Smithy101

Looking forward to getting a good few spins organised over the next while, looking forward to having you along. Can't promise you'll learn too much though! :pac:

Haha cheers pal, looking forward to getting back out spinning :)

Nice one Wonda. Well it's just you and me so far unless anyone else wants to join? Or I can head your direction as I rarely go for spins over there. Is anyone else about?

PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭nerrad1983

Wont be out tomorrow, the bikes going in to have some work done so will be without it for a few days

Have a good spin though lads!

nerrad1983 wrote: »
    Wont be out tomorrow, the bikes going in to have some work done so will be without it for a few days

Have a good spin though lads!

Anything major planned or just general service stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭nerrad1983

jvan wrote: »
    Anything major planned or just general service stuff?

Have to get a new oil sump, i noticed it was damaged when i went to change the oil the other day, there was a ding and a hairline crack on it

A stone must have hit it i think anyway, then i picked up new discs pads and lines over the winter so gonna get them fitted while they have it in

• Advertisement

Jesus, that's a pain in the ass. You'll have to get a metal sump guard like on the enduro's :pac:

Advertisement