Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wicklow Rideout

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

Wont make it lads, leaving for cork about 10am so no bike for me all weekend :(

Enjoy the spin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,616 ✭✭✭prunudo

Is the spin still going ahead? change of plans, I can meet up with you if it is.

Are yas still out lads??! 2 hour drive to cork earlier, lovely weather the whole way down and me stuck in a car..... feel like ill never get out for a decent spin on the new bike! !

aaakev wrote: »
    Are yas still out lads??! 2 hour drive to cork earlier, lovely weather the whole way down and me stuck in a car..... feel like ill never get out for a decent spin on the new bike! !

I didn't meet the others so just went out on my own, headed south towards Wexford and Carlow but the weather wasn't great, patches of misty sh1te. Cleared up around Kildare but was still overcast. Can't wait for a sunny spin.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Ah shyte sorry only seeing this now! Wonda could not make it so I went out with another mate over to luck direction. Only a short spin of just over an hour but was lovely to get out! I made it around the M50 in some record time :p

Lads PM me your numbers just in case if anyone is looking to go out other weekends!

• Advertisement

Where you bassed man? I wasnt able to meet up with the lads last weekend ether, got out for a shorter spin myself. Im in naas so a spin to wicklow for me would be handier starting from blessington and hitting ether gap that way. Hopefully next weekend is decent and there are a few headin out again!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I'm in stillorgan, yeah we could deffo meet in blessington and do the gap and maybe some other roads that direction. I'm kind getting bored f the enniskerry to laragh route, too much traffic. Next weekend is probably out for me, but I'll see what I can do...

Zascar wrote: »
    Ah shyte sorry only seeing this now! Wonda could not make it so I went out with another mate over to luck direction. Only a short spin of just over an hour but was lovely to get out! I made it around the M50 in some record time :p

Lads PM me your numbers just in case if anyone is looking to go out other weekends!

Cr@p, should have text you. I presumed that you had gone out earlier up towards Wonda. I got in about 260km but as I said the weather was mixed, bike is manky now so I'll have to give it a good clean tomorrow.

Zascar wrote: »
    I'm in stillorgan, yeah we could deffo meet in blessington and do the gap and maybe some other roads that direction. I'm kind getting bored f the enniskerry to laragh route, too much traffic. Next weekend is probably out for me, but I'll see what I can do...
    Lots of good roads over the opposite side of the gap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

There is a group of lads out tomorrow from midday onwards....if anyone wants to join in.

• Advertisement

Grrr I'd love to but dam family commitments. Next week is chocker block but weeks after that we'll get something good organised with a load of us!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Smithy101

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    There is a group of lads out tomorrow from midday onwards....if anyone wants to join in.

I'll be back out spinning from next week on so any spins going on you can count me in if that's ok! :) lookin ford to getting back out! Cheers fellas 👍

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Is there anyone about this Saturday?

RosieJoe wrote: »

If I get the fork seals done (waiting for parts) I might be going the long way around to getting the bike steam cleaned.

I will post up if sorted.

I'll try but I doubt I can make it, if I can move a few things around I will, dying to get out for another spin!

Im gonna get out anyway for defo this weekend!

Ahh I will be out for deffo either sat or sun, thats if the parts that I need turn up.

Ye dyin to get out this weekend meself, that bita sun yesterday and today has me buzzing to get back out. Fingers crossed for a dry weekend ☀

Im on for a spin, now fingers and toes crossed for some lovely sunshine.

Was thinking of meeting in Kilmac about 11:30 and then heading for Blessington and then on from there. Who is coming from where and we can adapt the route if possible to meet up

• Advertisement

Was thinking of meeting in Kilmac about 11:30 and then heading for Blessington and then on from there. Who is coming from where and we can adapt the route if possible to meet up

I'll probably be heading from bike world and heading up the blessington road from there, fingers crossed for the weather!

How about meeting in the Topaz garage in Kilmac for just before 11:30. Head from there over to Blessington where we can meet anyone else at the Ulster Bank on the main street for 12:30 ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭nerrad1983

Every time there has been a Wicklow spin on so far i couldnt make it and this time is the same :mad:

Heading down the country for the weekend

Have a good day though lads and hope to make the next one!

How about meeting in the Topaz garage in Kilmac for just before 11:30. Head from there over to Blessington where we can meet anyone else at the Ulster Bank on the main street for 12:30 ish.

Is that the Topaz along the motorway opposite the esso garage?

Sounds good to me! Save me a trip up from naas to Dublin for the meet so ill meet yas in blessington where yas thinking of heading after that?

nerrad1983 wrote: »
    Every time there has been a Wicklow spin on so far i couldnt make it and this time is the same :mad:

Heading down the country for the weekend

Have a good day though lads and hope to make the next one!

Did you get the bits sorted on your bike? Hopefully you can make it out next time.

Smithy101 wrote: »
    Is that the Topaz along the motorway opposite the esso garage?

That's the one, heading southbound

aaakev wrote: »
    Sounds good to me! Save me a trip up from naas to Dublin for the meet so ill meet yas in blessington where yas thinking of heading after that?

No idea, open to suggestions. I'll look up a few routes over the next few days too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

11.30....:eek:....i'd be on me way back then......got to beat that traffic.....;)

• Advertisement

I'm going to do my best and try to make it. Maybe meet you at blessington at 12.30 or so?

Advertisement