Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wicklow Rideout

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

Zascar wrote: »
    I'm going to do my best and try to make it. Maybe meet you at blessington at 12.30 or so?

Thats where I plan on being too...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Got my new fork and dust seals today....hopefully make it sat. Fingers crossed and all that jazz........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Kind of stumped as where to head to from Blessington tomorrow.

We could head south to Baltinglass and then head over to Tinaheely, Aughrim, Rathdrum....
    We could head south down the N81 and head back inland towards Carlow and then loop back from there.
    Or we could head towards Naas and beyond.

Anyone have any preferences on which way we go?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Any sounds good to me, which are the best riding roads with the least traffic? First option sounds good I've never done it

Im easy! Ill be there but will have to dip out after a couple of hours

• Advertisement

How about from blessington out to Hollywood then over the gap to laragh then out to the carpark in glenmalure?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Sounds good to me! Maybe even the gap twice, over to Laragh and back to Hollywood and then on from there. We can work it out then. See u all at 12.30 in Blessington. Where exactly are we meeting?

Will have to skip this for Sunday lads soz, will deffo meet up with the Sat crew soon.

Sounds good to me! Maybe even the gap twice, over to Laragh and back to Hollywood and then on from there. We can work it out then. See u all at 12.30 in Blessington. Where exactly are we meeting?

Huge ulster bank on the Main Street Colly. It's on the right hand side as you are going through.

Hope to be in kilmac for 11:15 leaving just after 11:30. Should make it to blessington for 12:30 ish

Cool. I'll be in blessington before 12.30 so ill see ya there

• Advertisement

Have a good blast today lads....stay safe.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Have a good blast today lads....stay safe.

I'm leaving kilmac in a few minutes. See you in blessington

RosieJoe wrote: »
    I'm leaving kilmac in a few minutes. See you in blessington

Many there with you?

Just home now, I cut off from the lads after the second trip over the gap. Bit windy but a great spin and dry roads. Good to meet ya lads, ill definitely be out with yas again!

Man that blade is sexy.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,616 ✭✭✭prunudo

aaakev wrote: »
    Just home now, I cut off from the lads after the second trip over the gap. Bit windy but a great spin and dry roads. Good to meet ya lads, ill definitely be out with yas again!

Man that blade is sexy.....

Nice to meet you kev, lovely sound from the sv. Don't want to moan about the wind too much, (wonda-boy might give out :D ) but yeah it was fairly gusty up the mountain alright. We had a good spin after down through baltinglass an back through tinahely and rathdrum, nice roads and a break from the norm.

More like a fresh breeze really if im honest......

Absolutely brilliant spin! Best one I've had in ages. We met in Blessington, did the gap, coffee in Laragh, back over the gap, then to Baltinglas, Tinaheley, Rathdrum and then home! 200k for me. Some really great roads I do not do too often. Weather was not too bad but I might put on a few more layers under the leathers next time. Traffic after the N81 was next to nothing - lovely to have open roads. I got to give my yoke a proper squirt. Had the front raising on me a few times which was fun!

FR7eN.jpg

Looking forward to having a few more bikes out next time!

Looking well there lads yiz HOOOOOLIGANS!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭batman_oh

Pulled into Laragh just as you were leaving on the Ktm. Hadn't planned to go out but was collecting some stuff from m50 Ktm. Windy on the aul naked bikes across the gap but first dry run in months was nice!

Ha, I was wondering if that was you! Nice cheeky little wheelie batman! Must be hard to keep the front down on that thing!

• Advertisement

batman_oh wrote: »
    Pulled into Laragh just as you were leaving on the Ktm. Hadn't planned to go out but was collecting some stuff from m50 Ktm. Windy on the aul naked bikes across the gap but first dry run in months was nice!

That ktm is a beauty man

Ha, I was wondering if that was you! Nice cheeky little wheelie batman! Must be hard to keep the front down on that thing!

I had to make the turn into the Coffee shop so didnt have too much space :pac:
    It is a great yoke for messing alright! Will meet up with you all for a run soon enough hopefully - the house is nearly done :p

aaakev wrote: »
    That ktm is a beauty man

Cheers - had the 950SM before it and took a while finding one for decent money. Would happily hold onto it as have done over 3 years between both and still love them! Lots of messing pretty much everywhere you go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Might pop down to glendalough for lunch.
    xNBK8gi.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,616 ✭✭✭prunudo

xNBK8gi.png

Make hay while the sun shines.

Do it man, perfect day for it. I wish I could go out again today, have a good one!

Not hung over, thought i would be, Tempting.....

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭dunner515

Hoping to join you guys next weekend, have a blast for anyone that's out today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

xNBK8gi.png

LIES LIES LIES........headed up to Roundwood this morning 10.00.....horrible drizzle before i got near the town...headed back down towards Newtown...just as bad.....shyte spin AND the bikes all dirty now...:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Haha sort of lies all right, it threatened to drizzle for the whole spin but it didn't, some parts of the sally gap are treacherous, where the tarmac has become gravel, take it handy and its fine.
    On a side note, there was some amount of cyclists out for the day, big scowley heads on them. If you hate it so much don't do it lads.

Advertisement