Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madison nightclub

Options
  • 30-04-2013 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,770 ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks
    Just wondering has anyone been to Madison night CLub in Dublin city centre, if so is it good and what type of crowd and music ,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,466 ✭✭✭✭cson

Was there last Saturday night for the first time.

It's 24s and the crowd seems to be at that age and not much older. Certainly a more sensible crowd for want of a better word than Coppers/Village/D2 etc; very few messy people there.

It was absolutely wedged with women that night; bout 1/2 ratio wise. Not sure if that's door policy or not. Music is your typical chart fare. Cover is €10 and pints ~€5.50 so par for the course for Dublin on a Saturday night. One problem they need to sort out though is the jacks and smoking area are on the one staircase and the queues were insane. Jacks are way too small for a club of the size of it.

I'd definitely give it a whirl, I enjoyed it and I'll be going back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Nugget89

Dancor wrote: »

Isn't there loads of stairs in that place? not exactly the kind of club to be going to in a wheelchair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Nugget89 wrote: »
    Isn't there loads of stairs in that place? not exactly the kind of club to be going to in a wheelchair

The issue did receive some debate over in AH alright. I think that point might have been raised once or twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,466 ✭✭✭✭cson

The bouncer who refused him in got fired after in fairness.

I'd imagine its a health and safety thing re exits and such. Still no excuse though.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25 AlejandroKa

I would happily pay €15 if I knew there was a limit to the number of people allowed in. By allowing so many people in the place can lose the exclusive element it is going for. Seems to have taken off with undesirable, Tallafornia types over the past few weeks.

Verdict; avoid Friday and Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Nugget89

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    The issue did receive some debate over in AH alright. I think that point might have been raised once or twice.

Just had a look, it seems one other person may have mentioned it alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,770 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Mite sound a bit unsensitive but im sure the wheelchair story has no bearing on weather its a good club or not, So is it good or not haha :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

That Wheelchair debate has been done to death. Move on please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭InchicoreDude

Is this a new club? I never noticed it before. And just noticed it when I walked by today. How long has it been there?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Is this a new club? I never noticed it before. And just noticed it when I walked by today. How long has it been there?

It opened in February, was Wilde's before that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

i really think there needs to be a strict law on toilets in night clubs. There should be many!

Advertisement