Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jury Service Whoring

• 30-04-2013 3:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭

A few months ago, I was summoned to my local Central Criminal Court to be on a panel, possibly to be called to sit on a Jury.
    Much to my chagrin,I didn't get called. I was part of a second group in court by two persons ahead of me filled the remaining places on the Jury.

I kinda think I might enjoy the experience. In particular the anticipation of learning confidential information, especially if lesser info is in the newspapers, the ability to make decisions concerning other people and been allowed to talk about it with members of the jury.

How can I go about putting myself in the way to get called back again.?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Jo King

LiamMc wrote: »
    A few months ago, I was summoned to my local Central Criminal Court to be on a panel, possibly to be called to sit on a Jury.
    Much to my chagrin,I didn't get called. I was part of a second group in court by two persons ahead of me filled the remaining places on the Jury.

I kinda think I might enjoy the experience. In particular the anticipation of learning confidential information, especially if lesser info is in the newspapers, the ability to make decisions concerning other people and been allowed to talk about it with members of the jury.

How can I go about putting myself in the way to get called back again.?

Appear righteous. Wear a suit next time you are called. Stare the accused in the eyes at every opportunity. Keep a copy of the Divine Word or the Catholic Standard in your hand.
    That should ensure that you are seen as a right thinking member of society,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,532 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

LiamMc wrote: »

Your motives appear to be completely warped and downright spooky.

You want to learn confidential information about other people, the value of which will be determined by you solely by whether or not it appears in the papers or not.

And you want to be in a position to make decisions about other people which sounds like you look on it as a power trip.

People like you should be screened out of the jury selection process.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Jo King wrote: »
    Appear righteous. Wear a suit next time you are called. Stare the accused in the eyes at every opportunity. Keep a copy of the Divine Word or the Catholic Standard in your hand.
    That should ensure that you are seen as a right thinking member of society,

Excellent, I imagine the Defence would have crosshairs on him though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

This is possibly the most articulate and intelligent trolling I've ever seen!

Advertisement