Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway House Prices

Options
13»

Comments

I know my mortgage will be a ball and chain around my neck til the day I croak, but looking at that place, I am so glad to have it and no longer having to live in the city in little shoe boxes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Unrealistic

I saw a 2 b/r with €1500 charges on it.
    This one is actually a 2 B/R too. The upstairs bedrooms are illegal and shouldn't be listed as such.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭Duckjob

Estate agents embroiled in talking up the property market shocker :pac:

I get the sense the market is quite distorted at the moment, what with a lot of cash buyers jumping in because prices are "low" (relative to what they were).

I think it was will be interesting to see what happens when that cash has filtered thru the system and the market has to support itself based directly on peoples incomes and credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Ellen Rose

After reading through the above posts, there are a some points I would like to include:

1. Currently there is a shortage of rental accommodation, with many properties now rented without the need to advertise. A surplus of tenants!

2. Rent prices have increased

3. The majority of repossessed homes have a family / tenant insitu, who will still need accommodation. Therefore not necessarily affecting the supply

4. Material costs have continued to rise.

5. In this market, you will not buy the site, build & finish a house & grounds, for the price you can purchase the property. So yes, prices have over corrected, & will remain so in remote areas. It comes down to location, location, location

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Newtogalway

The shortage of supply of decent houses to buy in Moycullen is something else

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭Wompa1

The shortage of supply of decent houses to buy in Moycullen is something else

You mean they are not on the market or they just don't exist?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Newtogalway

A bit of both. There are small estate houses or houses miles away from anything, plus a number of overpriced homes (nothing has sold for over 360k for a very long time). If you want a non estate house a mile from the village there are about 20 in total and none for sale. Compared with Barna and Oranmore the lack of choice is startling

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Ellen Rose

Demand in Oranmore is out stripping supply & prices are reflecting this. Especially on the Maree road, a lovely area but a total bottle in the morning & going to get worse when the new gaelscoil opens in September.

Advertisement