Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tips on finding a housemate

Options
  • 30-04-2013 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

I moved into a great house about a month ago with two other lads, but we're having trouble finding someone to fill the last single room. We've done ads on daft and gumtree but aren't even getting that many inquiries. What did yee use to hunt for housemates? Is it just a slow time of year?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

I moved into a great house about a month ago with two other lads, but we're having trouble finding someone to fill the last single room. We've done ads on daft and gumtree but aren't even getting that many inquiries. What did yee use to hunt for housemates? Is it just a slow time of year?

Have you got a link to the ad ?

Do you use photos ? Is the house in a good location? Rent reasonable ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

yes this can be a slow time of year with schools finishing etc. aug/sept is the busiest.
    where is the house located? if you are near an employment area such as apple, airport business park etc and know someone working there get them to put adds up in their canteen/office doc areas for you

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭NoSleepForWeek

IS it possible to post a link? I feel like there could be a rule against that for some reason. Yeah it's in a lovely area around Friar's walk, rent is very reasonable. We have had some replies but were expecting a little more considering the low price and the wuality of the house etc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

IS it possible to post a link? I feel like there could be a rule against that for some reason. Yeah it's in a lovely area around Friar's walk, rent is very reasonable. We have had some replies but were expecting a little more considering the low price and the wuality of the house etc

I don't think the mods will mind you posting a link but feel free to send it to me in a private message (I'll let you know if I see something that would prevent me from viewing the place / not taking the room etc)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

A link to the advert would help.

I was looking for a housemate a while ago and found it difficult to get someone too, maybe it's just a quiet time of year...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭NoSleepForWeek

Hey lads, we actually found a potential housemate just there! Uh, I guess patience is the key? They have not moved in yet but it's looking like a done deal

• Registered Users Posts: 10 chasingthesun

I think it is not only quiet time of the year, it is quiet time alltogether in renting rooms...
    Hope u got the one:)

I think ur right, patience is the key. And putting as many ads up everywhere as possible as well.

Advertisement