Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Local people vs tourists at the time of rose of Tralee

Options
  • 30-04-2013 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

This will be our first live view of rose of Tralee event in town as around this time last year we moved in after the event.

One of my colleague was saying that usually its not a good time to go out as tourists are so much in numbers that locals usually relax at home.

We would love to go out as whole family to the town center but is this a good idea or bad idea? Do locals avoid that weekend usually as I can see the line up of air show etc but may be it seems exciting to us as its our first time.

what you all think about it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

Cam2012 wrote: »
    This will be our first live view of rose of Tralee event in town as around this time last year we moved in after the event.

One of my colleague was saying that usually its not a good time to go out as tourists are so much in numbers that locals usually relax at home.

We would love to go out as whole family to the town center but is this a good idea or bad idea? Do locals avoid that weekend usually as I can see the line up of air show etc but may be it seems exciting to us as its our first time.

Not at all, plenty of locals are about, be it at night having a few beers or out and about with the kids during the day, probably one of the very few weekends that you will see that many locals in my opinion. The rose of tralee has gone majorly downhill regarding crowds, their was years where it was a struggle to get from where hennesseys bar is to the mall it used to be that busy.There is still a nice buzz around and it seems to be steadily on the rise.

With JLS playing for it, it will draw a massive crowd to the town, so more tourists/out of towners the merrier, just all adds to the general atmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Cam2012

Cool! that's great to hear coz so far I have been discouraged for it. thanks for that optimistic advice. ;)

Lets see what others thing about it too .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Surely, it shouldn't matter to your family group's enjoyment of the activities/street entertainment if the crowd is full of locals or tourists or both (or even neither). Just go out and enjoy yourselves if that is what you want to do.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Cam2012 wrote: »

the locals get out & enjoy it as much as the tourists! There is some great live music this year too, so hopefully that will draw a great crowd! Last year had a real family feel to it, and it was a great success. Best in years, so this year should be even better :)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Cam2012

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    the locals get out & enjoy it as much as the tourists! There is some great live music this year too, so hopefully that will draw a great crowd! Last year had a real family feel to it, and it was a great success. Best in years, so this year should be even better :)

So far your advice didn't go wrong at all since we moved in :)

We will be out for sure in town that weekend rather than going away.

cheers!

• Advertisement
Advertisement