Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canadian Taxes

Options
  • 30-04-2013 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/ndvdls/fq/txrts-eng.html

Getting a bit confused:confused:
    In order for me to work out how much tax i pay for Saskatchewn do use the federal tax rate plus the rate for Saskatchewn, they both seem a bit low on there own:confused::confused::confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭doctorchopper

yes its both tax rates

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Theimprover

So 26% on the 1st 43000, steep enough, is there any other rates that would be deducted?

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭doctorchopper

Its not much different to here, once you ad all the universal social charges and all that crap its very similar. You can buy RRSP's (registered retirement savings plans that are tax deductible and a good few other things that can bring it down.Its been a while since i worked in canada so can't think of them off the top of my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Theimprover

Do the same rules apply to temporary residents? I presume they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

everyone is taxed the same, when you file your annual return youll find out what you should have paid and get a rebate or a request for the shortfall.

dont forget the 10% sales tax on everything in SK as well...13% in ON

• Advertisement
Advertisement