Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Himalayan Salt

Options
  • 30-04-2013 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know if himalayan salt is available to buy anywhere in town?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Hobbitfeet

Tir na nog or cosgroves

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭guile4582

Hobbitfeet wrote: »
    Tir na nog or cosgroves

where in town are these places?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Shane McMunn

You can also get it at the Wellness Centre on Quay Street, just opposite Lyons Cafe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

guile4582 wrote: »
    where in town are these places?

Tir na nóg is on Gratten Street, beside EJ's menswear and Cosgrove's is on Old Market Street, beside the statue across from Shoot the Crows.
    Isn't salt just salt though. Sodium chloride (NaCl), regardless of source, be it a salt mine in Poland, the ocean or the Himalayas?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭shanec1928

il gatto wrote: »
    Tir na nóg is on Gratten Street, beside EJ's menswear and Cosgrove's is on Old Market Street, beside the statue across from Shoot the Crows.
    Isn't salt just salt though. Sodium chloride (NaCl), regardless of source, be it a salt mine in Poland, the ocean or the Himalayas?
    Just to be pedantic Its market street, old market street is the road that links pearse road and high street.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

shanec1928 wrote: »
    Just to be pedantic Its market street, old market street is the road that links pearse road and high street.

Sorry. I'm disgusted with myself. I'm the very one that'd be ribbing Sligonians who reckon they know the town well about not knowing where New Street, Thomas Street, Emmet Place and Charles Street are. Then I mix those two up. Hoist by my own petard :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Depends on the steak you're putting it on....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Diamond Doll

They usually have it in Lidl/Aldi, I imagine it's a lot cheaper than the likes of Tir na nOg!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

They usually have it in Lidl/Aldi, I imagine it's a lot cheaper than the likes of Tir na nOg!!

I've seen it in Tír na nOg and its not as expensive as you'd think. I'd prefer to buy local for smaller items like that anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭BASHIR

You can get it in that new Tiger shop in Quayside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭redarmyblues

Not all salts are 100% pure NaCl, table salts including Himalayan are mined and therefore subjected to more processing and most have a iodine taste that is quite bitter. I use Maldon sea salt for everything, (including killing slugs) it has a great texture, it crumbles in your fingers, no need to fiddle around filling mills you use less, so healthier, it is also ethical as no political dissidents are harmed in its manufacture, unlike the "blood salt" used in McDonalds which all comes from slave labour in the Siberian salt mines.

Advertisement