Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exported jpeg squashed? help

Options
  • 30-04-2013 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭

Hey all im wondering if you could help me i have to make a add for a friend but ive ran into a problem. Basically when i export from photoshop to a jpeg file the image is all squashed and i have no clue why? The strange thing is that when im in photoshop everything is normal but when exported it turns out squashed? Ive been given certain sizes in mm and inputted them when creating a new project at 130mm x 50mm. Ive smitted two photos below to show you whats happening.

Thanks a mill

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Check the pixel aspect ratio of your document.
    251760.png

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭stedabee

5uspect wrote: »
    Check the pixel aspect ratio of your document.
    251760.png

Ah brilliant thanks a mill I had it on HD 1080 for some reason! While I have you is it always best to do say 300 res to keep the picture as clear and pixel free?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

stedabee wrote: »
    Ah brilliant thanks a mill I had it on HD 1080 for some reason! While I have you is it always best to do say 300 res to keep the picture as clear and pixel free?

Sure, 300dpi is fine. For that kind of image I would consider vector however.

Advertisement