Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you do with your 6mtn all day?

Options
  • 30-04-2013 8:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭

I just saw the thread for what do you do with your toddler all day and I thought I'd start one for younger babies. My boy turns 6months old in 4 days time :)
    I'm just wondering what everybody routine is with their 6 month old?
    I'm finding my son wants to be entertained all the time!

He wakes up 7am, feeds and plays with his teething toys in the cot. Gets cuddles from mammy and then goes down for another 1hr sleep!

Then he is awake and active. I have an activity center which he loves and he spends about 30mins in that, with me sitting on the floor playing too. I put a clip with a cooled teether toy on him and he has fun chewing that!

Then it's tummy time. He loves playing on the playmat on floor. With me beside him. He gets his few minutes on tummy (which he hates) Then he rolls and plays with toys.

He sits on mammy or daddy's lap alot, as he can sit up on his own. He wants top chew everything in site so usually I have a bowl with a few teether toys beside me and let him play with them,

Then I give him Breakfast of pureed fruit or baby rice and take takes a long while to eat and he loves it. sits in highchair and I prepared to spoons so he can play with one! Then he gets a few oz of bottle.

I take him out for a walk everyday and he loves looking around. He'll nap for a good bit too.

Then home and usually a bottle. He drinks bottles 4hrs apart.

Then some more playtime. Some time in rocker if he is ok with it. Not mad keen on the rocker.

I give him his dinner of pureed veg or potatoes etc

Then bed at 7pm! Same all over again.

I'm just wondering if anything else I could be doing? What do all you other mums do?

(I didn't bother stating the obvious of nappy changes :), lets just say I change a million nappies a day lol. Feels like it anyhow:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

I have a nearly 9 mth old. He's on 3 bottles and 3 meals a day. When I'm off work I mainly cart him around the house with me doing housework and I make sure to do one-on-one play time with him for each wake period (morning, afternoon and evening) even if only for 15 minutes. He has a mid morning and mid afternoon nap. Up at 7ish, down at... well usually 7.30/8 but it's a bit fecked right now.

Also get him out for a walk every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭niallers1

Bring him swimming or to the playground for a push on the toddler swings... They love it. Gets you out of the house too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 hot_whiskey

It sounds more or less like my day, too :-)

I have a 5-mth old girl, and it's hands on all day long ;-) She naps 3 times a day, each time more or less 2-2.5 hours after she has woken up.

We go for a walk every day, but if the weather is nice, I also bring her outside for a few minutes, if I need to pop into a shop, or just to get out, even if it's just to the garden. I put her in the baby carrier, and she loves looking at plants, trees, etc.

We've been going to 'parent and baby' cinema screenings since she was 2.5-mths old. At the beginning the logistics behind it was as if you were going to the Moon, but now it's great, it gets us out of the house, and you can actually watch a new film.

Advertisement