Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Date in Swords

Options
  • 30-04-2013 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hey I have a date in Swords.

Just looking to see if anyone knows of a good spot that is quiet and somewhat private, perhaps an alcove in a nice pub or other venue?

Thanks guys.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Wrights cafe bar have booths for 2-4 people downstairs that you can reserve

The Old Schoolhouse is full of little nooks and crannies too

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Konvict

Stheno wrote: »
    Wrights cafe bar have booths for 2-4 people downstairs that you can reserve

The Old Schoolhouse is full of little nooks and crannies too

Thanks Stheno,

The Old Schoolhouse sounds good. Do you know if it costs anything to book a booth in Wrights, and would the music be blaring also?

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

Defo the old school house great little spot

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

+1 on the schoolhouse. Plus booking a booth looks a bit creepy if it's a first date...

Na its not a first date but The Old Schoolhouse seems to have won the pole.

Thanks for your help guys!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

My favourite spot in the schoolhouse is to go left just before the stairs after you go in, then after a row of about three/four tables, there is a really quiet little alcove with just one table. You can hear all the activity around you but it's nice for a chat/date.

Food is great too, love the trio of tacos.

And they do a great steak!

Great guys, and cheers for the heads up on that little spot Stheno. One last thing, do they have live music?

Not anytime I've been, but I tend to go Sun - Thurs, so not sure about Fri/Sat

Yeah its just a minor detail, but would nice if it had. Anyway thanks for all the imput guys, much appreciated as always.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

The Cock Tavern is nice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭Chemical Burn

Konvict wrote: »
    Hey I have a date in Swords.

Just looking to see if anyone knows of a good spot that is quiet and somewhat private, perhaps an alcove in a nice pub or other venue?

Thanks guys.

Old Boro is a lovely place during the day, highly recommend it. Great selection of craft beers and lovely atmosphere. Nice alcoves and hidden compartments.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

WRIGHTS WINE BAR!!!

Probably too late, but I had my first date there last december (still together) and we had a great time, live music yet you could talk over it, ended up going in for an hour and not coming out til 2am!

hope it went well anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

you know if you say what day or time we will all turn up just to have a look.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭Homer

Wrights wine bar would be my choice too if you want somewhere cosy and you also have the option of going next door if you fancy something more lively!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Homer wrote: »
    Wrights wine bar would be my choice too if you want somewhere cosy and you also have the option of going next door if you fancy something more lively!

+3. Well worth the visit.

Advertisement