Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

occasional childminding

Options
  • 30-04-2013 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭

What do you do when you occasionally need someone to take care of your kids? specially if you have no family here? I face same issue sometimes and out of solution to it. I dont work so stay with my girl after she is back from Montessori but sometime I need someone to collect her and take care of her for an hour or two. And the thing is its not regular requirement or requirement for the same time frame everytime.
    any help would be appreciated

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

That is a tricky there might be another mother or childminder in the area with space that would be happy to do it.
    There are some drop in creches around too.
    You just need to ask around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

As moonbeam said, other mothers of kids in the same montessori or class in school. Friends, paid babysitter.

I use an assortment of the above and in turn, I offer to take peoples kids for an hour or two if they need. I have a teenager who babysits for me at night but at school holidays he's around during the day too if I need someone.
    I work full time so I have a childminder and she'll keep my daughter late if I need her to and I just pay extra.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭simply simple

Moonbeam wrote: »
    That is a tricky there might be another mother or childminder in the area with space that would be happy to do it.
    There are some drop in creches around too.
    You just need to ask around.
    Oh yes drop in creche! thankyou so much for that idea. I have seen one in talbot street, hope they are still working. any idea of such in city centre or sandyford area?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I think the one on Talbot street might be closed,not sure.
    Only one that I know of is in Celbridge in the play centre there.

Advertisement