Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maestro / Vpay cards

Options
  • 30-04-2013 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hiya,

Does anyone know if any Irish bank or company still offer Maestro cards (either with a current a/c or prepaid)?

Since my bank AIB replaced Laser/Maestro with Visa, it is a problem when I travel to some countries in Europe for paying for certain things like train tickets. Before this, I could happily use my Laser/Maestro with no problem.

Alternatively, does anyone know of anywhere offering the V-pay card? Their official web site says AIB offers this, but when I contacted them, they knew nothing of it!

Look forward to hearing from you,

Nick

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

NIB/Danske still offer Laser for now, but have announced plans to ditch it for Visa Debit - which isn't a surprise as they don't have a choice.

EBS offer a Debit Mastercard.

AIB don't issue V PAY, but merchants who use AIB for processing transactions can accept V PAY cards - I suspect this is the information you've misread slightly.

Advertisement