Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need two dead birds!

Options
  • 30-04-2013 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭

For over 6 month I've had two jackdaws start attacking the window at sunrise until sundown. They're quite smart, one seems to just watch and caw a lot whilst the other starts pecking at the glass. The odd thing, like a coat hanging outside, lasts for a week or so before they get used to it.

I'm thinking I can get two dead jackdaws or crows and hang up, freaky as it is, that that'll warn them off. A "your sort isn't welcome here" sort of thing :)

I've read how smart they are, apparently that'll keep them away even if the dead birds are only out for a day or two.

Anyone know anyone who can give me two dead crows or jackdaws that I could use?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

put a sheet of paper on the inside of the window their pecking at, its their reflection they are attacking.

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭darrenheaphy

Yeah but we have a lot of windows and we live in the woods so they're always around!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

oh when it happened to me it was the same window always and like you I live in a small wooded area.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

• Registered Users Posts: 13 wolf321

Get a shotgun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Could try asking over on the hunting or shooting forum.

Or you could try getting a hawk or owl decoy. They'll either stay away or spend their time attacking that .

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭darrenheaphy

garv123 wrote: »
    Could try asking over on the hunting or shooting forum.

Or you could try getting a hawk or owl decoy. They'll either stay away or spend their time attacking that .

Thanks! Didn't realise there was a shooting forum, I'll try there! I tried the decoys of various types, they work a short time but they figure out pretty quickly they're fake. Smart birds :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1014

Sure someone will sort you out. Theres a fair few from waterford post there. Tramore or dungarvan direction?

Advertisement