Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glanbia Ingredients Ireland announces 400 million euro investment for Kilkenny.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Autosport wrote: »

I really take the "1600 jobs" with a huge pinch of salt. It's less than 100 direct Glanbia jobs as far as I can gather. The plant is likely going to be very automated as well. It's a positive but it's been announced about 3 times already.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

road_high wrote: »
    I really take the "1600 jobs" with a huge pinch of salt. It's less than 100 direct Glanbia jobs as far as I can gather. The plant is likely going to be very automated as well. It's a positive but it's been announced about 3 times already.

I think there could be up to 200 lorry drivers.
    Think it will take 400-450 to build the place.
    Think you are right that there will probably be 100 actually working in the plant.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,175 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

road_high wrote: »

The 'jobs created' bit is what baffles me. Its not like everyone employed on the building of it have been unemployed. A lot of these people will just have been working on another building site for one of the big construction companies. A lot of it is 'work' being created as opposed to 'jobs'.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Krispie

Anyone any idea when the works are due to start?
    Or even who is Project Managing it? Hiring/Firing?
    It was only approved last week by An Bord Pleanala, so previous announcements ahead of time imo. Lets just grab it when it's here, it (jobs) doesn't come to the SE much.

Advertisement