Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

51 things every game student should know

• 30-04-2013 10:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭

This has been doing the rounds today. Pretty funny, but there are some very good points in there - worth reading if you're a gamedev student.

51 things every game student should know

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Carpo II

I'll add one for the coders.

"When you start your first game dev job, be prepared to embarass yourself on a daily basis with silly mistakes, derp moments and general ignorance."

I wish some one told me that before I started. On the other hand, near constant mortification is a great motivator to keep studying in your spare time :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,450 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Thats brilliant, some points in there I wish I had read before I started college :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

One more: After thoroughly testing for everything a sane player might do, test for what the rest of the population might do.

Advertisement