Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emergency Medals

Options
  • 30-04-2013 10:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭

Howaya,

I got my hands on the following unissued Emergency Medals a while ago. I'm sure they are not rare but I'm happy to have them.

• Emergency Service Medal 1939-1946 "Na Forsai Cosanta" on the back. The ribbon is red with 2 white stripes.
    • Emergency Service Medal 1939-1946 "An Forsa Cosanta Aitiuil" medal, alone with no ribbon/suspender.
    • Emergency Service Medal 1939-1946 "Ranna cead-cabrac, cumann croise deirge na hEireann". Red ribbon and one white stripe.
    • Emergency Service Medal 1939-1946 "Ranna Cead-Cabrac, Cumann Croise Deirge Na hEireann". Red ribbon and one white stripe. There is a bar on this one.
    • Emergency Service Medal 1939-1946 "Ranna Cabair Deontacha, Cumann Croise Deirge Na hEireann". Red ribbon and one white stripe.
    • Emergency Service Medal 1939-1946 "Ranna Cabair Deontacha, Cumann Croise Deirge Na hEireann". Red ribbon and one white stripe. There is a bar on this one.
    • Emergency Service Medal 1939-1946 "Na Seirbisi Reamcuraim In Agaid Aer-Ruathar". Red ribbon and one white stripe with 2 bars on this one.

Does anyone know much about them at all? Worth holding on to?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Heres a few pics.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭limericklad87

Heres a few pics.

Comment removed by moderator. Please keep any request for deals to www.adverts.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭limericklad87

In answering your question the last few auctions I've been to they go for about 50 quid each, certain ones would go higher

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Robus

In answering your question the last few auctions I've been to they go for about 50 quid each, certain ones would go higher

You will get over 5K for this one "AN SEIRBHIS SEIPLINEACHTA : the Chaplaincy Service issued to the small number of uniformed clergy and some civilian officiating chaplains".

And over a grand for "SEIRBHIS ALTRANAIS AN AIRM : the Army Nursing Service founded in 1922 at the formation of the state , this was one of the smallest units of the defence forces"

Advertisement