Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing courses in UL

Options
  • 30-04-2013 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I am a first year in UL and I am wondering if I would be able to change courses , I know its a bit late for this but I am not liking my course anymore. Would it be possible to change from 1st Year Computer Games Development and then start 2nd Year in Applied Physics?

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭cup of tea

You'll have to get an internal transfer form(available in the SAA), have a talk with them while you are there. You'll need 4 signitures from what I can remember, the two deans and two course heads(I could be wrong). Unless you pass all your exams and there are overlapping modules I doubt you'll be able to transfer into 2nd year of the course. Also you must have had enough points from the LC to the new course you are transferring to.
    Think the internal transfer happens around week 7/8 when meeting are held(again this is going back 4 years so not 100%). Best bet is to go in and talk to SAA or ask your course head. Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

There are no overlapping modules( in first year anyway) so it'd be very hard to go straight into second year without having prior knowledge of what you're doing.

Advertisement